***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The two people out are conservatives that don't think the bill is harsh enough.

Paul probably thinks the same.

It they try to satisfy these people, the will never get the moderates on board.

Things are looking bad for the GOP right now but remember that these clown fall into line like no other. The fight is not over

The jig is up as there can't be further compromise between the two factions of the GOP on the healthcare issue. Whoever falls in line can expect to be primaried.

Thats my Maverick, still concerned post surgery
wow.png

"Can we go back to how we used to do things now that the black guy is out?"

Yikes
He should have inhaled more COAL
Would have been good for him

It's possible this was responsible for some of his incoherence in the questioning of Comey:

I'm wondering if trump has a blood clot too.

btw McCain was reelected in 2016. he's turning 81 in a month. he'll be 86 when he finishes his term. this is ridiculous. he should retire.

Last edited:
It's possible this was responsible for some of his incoherence in the questioning of Comey:

I'm wondering if trump has a blood clot too.

btw McCain was reelected in 2016. he's turning 81 in a month. he'll be 86 when he finishes his term. this is ridiculous. he should retire.

Makes you wonder the demographics that votes for senile senior citizens

Seems obvious the Spicer quote was in regards to what actually occurred at the meeting, and the Trump quote is in regards to taking a meeting expecting opposition research. The messages don't contradict at all.

This was pathetically low level of nonsense I can't tolerate.

Ignored.

IMG_6234.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6234.JPG
    IMG_6234.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-top-table-main_daily202-714am:homepage/story
The lengths McConnell would go to to cripple the healthcare of poor and middle America
Disgusting
Mitch McConnell pulled the second draft of his health-care bill last night after two more Republican senators came out against even bringing it up for debate on the floor: Utah’s Mike Lee and Kansas’s Jerry Moran.

“Regretfully, it is now apparent that the effort to repeal and immediately replace the failure of Obamacare will not be successful,” the Senate majority leader said in a statement sent at 10:47 p.m.

He announced that he’ll bring the bill that already passed the House up for consideration “in the coming days,” and the first amendment the Senate would take up would be for the full repeal of Obamacare (with a two-year delay for implementation). But to get that vote on repeal, conservative critics must vote to allow debate on the broader bill.

If the clean vote for full repeal failed, as it almost certainly would, senators could continue making additional amendments that may make the measure even more unpalatable to conservatives.

GOP lawmakers have voted repeatedly to repeal Obamacare, and the Senate even passed a bill with this exact same language in 2015. But Barack Obama was president then, and it was a safe vote because everyone knew he’d veto it. This would no longer be a show vote.

-- Sean Sullivan explains that the wily Kentuckian’s announcement amounts to a dare: “McConnell practically challenged conservative critics of the bill to vote against moving the process ahead. … If hard-right conservative senators vote no on proceeding with the bill and it collapses, McConnell can come back at them and say, ‘Well, you had your chance at the ‘clean repeal’ you demanded. And you decided not to take it.’ He will have shifted some of the blame onto others and given himself a new talking point to counter the ‘clean repeal’ crowd — which includes President Trump. If they vote yes — hey, they’re suddenly back on track, at the table debating legislation with at least some chance of passing.”

What’s less clear at this point is McConnell’s end game. “If this doesn’t work out,” Sean wonders, “will he move on to other matters? Follow through on his threats to work with Democrats and narrower reforms, which were seen as ways to try to pressure conservatives not to let this fail? … There are no longer any good outcomes for McConnell — politically speaking. There are bad ones and less bad ones. And putting the onus on other senators means there will be more blame to go around when this all ends.”

-- The Republican conference remains deeply divided. While Lee announced that he’s against the bill because “it doesn’t go far enough,” Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) opposed the measure because it goes too far. There are several senators on each side of that divide.

“We must now start fresh with an open legislative process…,” Moran said in his statement announcing opposition to the latest version. “This closed-door process has yielded the BCRA, which fails to repeal the Affordable Care Act or address healthcare’s rising costs. For the same reasons I could not support the previous version of this bill, I cannot support this one. … We should not put our stamp of approval on bad policy.

Sen. John McCain, recovering from surgery in Arizona, called on Republicans to begin working with Democrats to fix the system in a statement sent at 10:16 p.m.: “One of the major problems with Obamacare was that it was written on a strict party-line basis and driven through Congress without a single Republican vote. As this law continues to crumble in Arizona and states across the country, we must not repeat the original mistakes that led to Obamacare’s failure. The Congress must now return to regular order, hold hearings, receive input from members of both parties, and heed the recommendations of our nation's governors so that we can produce a bill that finally provides Americans with access to quality and affordable health care.”

(see link for rest of article)

Lol why would anyone share that they ignored someone. If you want to ignore someone, just do it. Posting a screenshot of it screams a need for attention. Also, on the merits, I stand by what I said. Those statements simply do not contradict.

All of the economist in here are ignoring the markets right now? I know the portfolios are jumping. Trump bump?

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-...-stalled-we-didnt-expect-donald-trump-to-win/

Talk about hacks...

Freshman Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) offered a candid assessment of why the Senate’s health care recession has stalled.

In a town hall meeting with constituents and televised on four Keystone State ABC affiliates Wednesday, the Pennsylvania Senator pointed the finger at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

“I didn’t expect Donald Trump to win,” Toomey said. “I think most of my colleagues didn’t. So we didn’t expect to be in this situation.”

Back
Top Bottom