***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Lol why would anyone share that they ignored someone. If you want to ignore someone, just do it. Posting a screenshot of it screams a need for attention. Also, on the merits, I stand by what I said. Those statements simply do not contradict.

All of the economist in here are ignoring the markets right now? I know the portfolios are jumping. Trump bump?

Economics =/= finance

trump is unbelievably hypocritical. 2/3rd of the country are holding him accountable for it.

btw the ignore feature is great, everyone. does the wind really blow if you don't feel it?

I think everyone needs to look up the word ignore. If you comment on ignoring someone... have you REALLY ignored them?

Lol why would anyone share that they ignored someone. If you want to ignore someone, just do it. Posting a screenshot of it screams a need for attention. Also, on the merits, I stand by what I said. Those statements simply do not contradict.

All of the economist in here are ignoring the markets right now? I know the portfolios are jumping. Trump bump?

As a economist, once again I can tell you are full of it.

The stock market is a horrible indicator of the overall health of the economy by itself.

It gives no insight into the structural issues in the economy.

vlcsnap-2017-07-17-22h15m19s844.png

As a economist, once again I can tell you are full of it.

The stock market is a horrible indicator of the overall health of the economy by itself.

It gives no insight into the structural issues in the economy.

How am I full of it... cmon. I asked a question, and you explained. Everyone isn't an economist. It is not common knowledge that the stock market is not a good indicator of the economy. I'd imagine most people would think it is. I do think it is odd that you said "by itself." Are you implying that it is a good indicator when viewed along with other factors? If so, which factors?

How am I full of it... cmon. I asked a question, and you explained. Everyone isn't an economist. It is not common knowledge that the stock market is not a good indicator of the economy. I'd imagine most people would think it is. I do think it is odd that you said "by itself." Are you implying that it is a good indicator when viewed along with other factors? If so, which factors?

Google is your friend

It won't be able to response to further questions because I will take other people's recommendation and it the ignore button.

Wanna see for myself how great it is

Niketalk Political Discussion Thread:

Ignore others you disagree with, refer people to google when they ask you to explain what you've posted, and take part in a running, condescending joke where you act as if you are an out-of-work coal worker that is happy Trump won.

This is sad, but it speaks to our current political climate. These attitudes, and the refusal to hear anything other than what forwards your established beliefs are exactly how Trump won.

Last edited:
That is undoubtedly part of it, sadly. But that was not all of it.

If you had to give a percentage, what percentage of voters voted for him due to " white america's racism, xenophobia and white privilege based entitlement" versus a typical republican voter? Hard for me to word my question, but what kind of bump do you think he received?

I know no matter your answer, it will be a guess, but I would like to know where you would gage it at?

I was accidentally listening to a local radio talk show this morning, and they were talking with some local politicians about a couple issues (should the city mandate or incentive municipal workers, including cops, to live in the city they work for? should the city provide legal support to tenants?). And I realized, these are issues that are very important for most of the people around me and will have a larger direct impact than 90% of the stuff going on in trumpland.

Point is, I've always brushed aside local politics, but it really is important, and like has been said in here 1000s of times it's important to vote every time, not just in the general election every 4 years.

If you had to give a percentage, what percentage of voters voted for him due to " white america's racism, xenophobia and white privilege based entitlement" versus a typical republican voter? Hard for me to word my question, but what kind of bump do you think he received?

I know no matter your answer, it will be a guess, but I would like to know where you would gage it at?

As you said, hard to gauge. I don't want to just throw random numbers out. But I think that it was probably moreso sexism (from all races, sadly) than the items you mentioned. That, and what I mentioned earlier in terms of extreme snark from many on the democratic side. Many everyday Americans don't have a post-high-school education. Saying "you're too dumb to understand" to these voters resulted in a "we'll show you" mentality, I think. Look at this thread for instance. McCain is in the hospital and someone in the thread suggested that he should have inhaled more coal. Sad, really

I will argue to the end for not just free speech but for satire to be protected and encouraged. It gets tired (and mean) to tell someone they're wrong every time, especially when they refuse to embrace the same standards of intellectual honesty. Satire is a much safer and more effective means of making an argument at that point.

On that note, I am announcing now my campaign to destroy the kale gang by satirizing them.

Oh look at me, I'm king of the kale gang! Tofu for everybody! Come hop in my Prius and let's go buy ourselves some $20 organic smoothies at the Whole Foods! Wait, only one of you can come with me. That's all my car can fit! And it's going to take us a while to get there, on account of the fact that we can't leave the slow lane because my whimpy little car lacks the passing lane power! Besides, I have to spend extra time checking spelling and grammar in my post because we liberal elites care about such useless things!

Want a safe space? We tried having civil and educational discussions with the conservatives and deplorables in here, but it was pointless because the brick walls and low IQ's made it impossible for that side of the spectrum to consider anything other than their own personal beliefs. We tried. Trump "won." Look at ninjafool considering that guessing Trumps win means he's right about everything now. Despite the endless evidence posted that contradicts his points, he just CAN'T be wrong.

This is why we NEED MORE COAL. If everyone was educoalted then everyone would be FLOURISHING with da clean coal energy! America would be 100% energy indapendent and we'd be da bees knees of da world, B!

I'm having a civil conversation. You, and others, are the ones that aren't. You are name calling and the like. This isn't about a safe space, whatsoever. You can post whatever you want. I was simply stating that this snark is what caused Trump to win. And ignoring the other side, and the things that mattered to them, is something I'm sure the DNC regrets.

I was accidentally listening to a local radio talk show this morning, and they were talking with some local politicians about a couple issues (should the city mandate or incentive municipal workers, including cops, to live in the city they work for? should the city provide legal support to tenants?). And I realized, these are issues that are very important for most of the people around me and will have a larger direct impact than 90% of the stuff going on in trumpland.

Point is, I've always brushed aside local politics, but it really is important, and like has been said in here 1000s of times it's important to vote every time, not just in the general election every 4 years.

Local politics certainly has a more direct impact typically. I think City workers should live in the city they work for. Not sure about the legal support to tenants.

Local politics certainly has a more direct impact typically. I think City workers should live in the city they work for. Not sure about the legal support to tenants.
The argument was that many tenants don't have the resources to fight in court, which leads to them getting evicted and becoming homeless. I don't know the ins and outs as I don't really know how the legal system works in those cases, but I can say that it's not a fair fight if you're going up against a big company. And regardless of whether it's a fair fight, in general it's a burden on the city when you increase homelessness, not to mention the plight of the homeless family themselves.

I remember in parking ticket court, some people had fines of >$500 because they hadn't been on time for a $25 ticket and it just built up over time with fees. In all cases the judge made them pay only the original fine. Many times, though, people get screwed in these cases if they get the wrong judge. Those with resources can pay it and carry on with their day. Those barely making it though are more forced into a terrible situation over a miniscule infraction.

Anyway, I think it's important for the government not just to enforce the law but to be wary of the consequences in these cases, especially when it's not a case of violent crime, etc. I get the feeling many conservatives don't agree with me on this, either on principle or because in their affluent community they just never encounter a mom in the city who's about to lose everything because of a parking fine or a bad landlord.

I'm having a civil conversation. You, and others, are the ones that aren't. You are name calling and the like. This isn't about a safe space, whatsoever. You can post whatever you want. I was simply stating that this snark is what caused Trump to win. And ignoring the other side, and the things that mattered to them, is something I'm sure the DNC regrets.
Again, we tried. #KaleGang and da COOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLL TRAIN rose from the ashes of democracy's firey death on November 9th. Before that, we tried to have civil discussions and help educate people (we were and still are very aware that lurkers who don't post here may still absorb some info), but no, that wasn't wanted or useful apparently. Before the election the only thing you heard from da deplorables was that the left is too stuck up and educated, that they forgot "real" America and created a culture of economic inequality, and are too "PC." All the while these deploables are voting for the people that deny them education, jobs, and soon to be their health. The left has been trying to drag these deplorable idiots into the future, but after last year? **** it. We tried.

Now we're being "real" Americans and parroting the language and sentiments of the idiots who voted for their own death. But apparently the loudest deplorables calling for liberal safe spaces and the end to "PC culture" need their jimmies checked because their snowflake selfs can't take what they wanted. Be mad if you want, but we tried to warn y'all.

Back
Top Bottom