***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It's pointless to try and illustrate the GOP's racism to a person who believes that photos taken with black celebrities are a defense against accusations of racism

It is undeniable that there are racist republicans. There are racist people, period. In every party, religion, etc. I only took issue with the accusation that those people represent the majority.

It's pointless to try and illustrate the GOP's racism to a person who believes that photos taken with black celebrities are a defense against accusations of racism
At least dude didn't say some even more asinine. Like I dunno, saying Trump being mentioned in rap songs means he can't be racist

At least dude didn't say some even more asinine. Like I dunno, saying Trump being mentioned in rap songs means he can't be racist

I posted the pictures to show that he's been a staple in the hip hop and popular culture community for years. And I've said it repeatedly. You all attempted to make it what it wasn't.

It is really hard to believe you are actually ignoring me. Or that you have blocked me.

So first, I applaud your courage in being able to hear dissenting views.

Second, do you believe that the majority of conservatives are racist? I don't want to impute the other poster's opinions on you.

The party literally admited and apologized for the "southern strategy". Just go read up on it man. Nobody is saying "all republicans are racist"......but the Republican Party is the party of white supremacy. Whether it be 60 years of dog whistling, explicit racism or policies designed to hurt minority's "just click play on that Lee Atwater video.

Also, since you refuse to read....let me just throw a visual with some words under it from an article based on unbiased statistics

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-republican-party/?utm_term=.7d9fcea5677b

"79% of Republicans believe that if blacks would only try harder, they could be just as well off as whites"

IMG_8934.PNG

Last edited:
Ok, we can agree to disagree. It seems clear your mind isn't changing. Mine isn't either. You can call the Republican Party whatever you like.

I posted the pictures to show that he's been a staple in the hip hop and popular culture community for years. And I've said it repeatedly. You all attempted to make it what it wasn't.

he was also interviewed for hours+ on G-unit radio w/ Tony Yayo, been on Rap Album interludes, all them wild hotel parties with 2 live crew & Mike Tyson. lol

but this topic months old.

Who's the guy that spoke after Mitch the b_ earlier today?

"Don't spike the football" :rofl:

I would argue that passing a repeal bill without an replacement would be equally disastrous, but who knows anymore.

naw, they promised a repeal... replace? not so much (at least no where near at emphatic)

Trump leaving Obamacare to implode on its own ain't bad strategy considering there's no GOP fingerprints on it, and congress rubber stamped every chronobus economic bill that funded Obamacare care every year, so you can't say defunded it either.

Replace was definitely promised a number of times, but promises never really meant anything in politics.

The GOP is in a ****** situation, though. I don’t see how sitting back and letting Obamacare ‘fail’ which means more healthcare woes for the public, I don’t see how people look past, with a majority, not passing anything. It’s asinine, but asinine has kind of been the norm of late, so I wouldn’t be shocked.

da entire GOP agreed on repeal, none of em agreed to a replace plan, they had 7 years so thats on them.

naw, they promised a repeal... replace? not so much (at least no where near at emphatic)

Trump leaving Obamacare to implode on its own ain't bad strategy considering there's no GOP fingerprints on it, and congress rubber stamped every chronobus economic bill that funded Obamacare care every year, so you can't say defunded it either.
So you rather leave millions of Americans in a flux to repeal ACA rather than replace it with some reasonable legislation just to make Trump look good? LMAO

there are two grenades. one is that they said they would repeal the ACA. even if it was the greatest thing ever, that is what they ran on and what their people want.

two is the actual impact. if they repeal and things go south or if they do nothing and things go south, in both cases they will shoulder the blame.

that's for normal logic. but we all know trump supporters will use mental gymnastics to blame it all on Obama.

so it's all pointless. I'm just laughing cause McConnell/Ryan/trump failed. trump is not winning. hahahaha

tenor.gif

btw i could've seen myself voting for kasich. even with his baggage, at least he tries to be thoughtful.

So you rather leave millions of Americans in a flux to repeal ACA rather than replace it with some reasonable legislation just to make Trump look good? LMAO

da joint would revert pre Obamacare levels, last time i checked was waaay better than da current status of a dilapidated Obamacare.

I'm sure we can trust Comrade Donald to give an honest account of what happened in his private conversation with Vlad.

if they do nothing and things go south, in both cases they will shoulder the blame

naw, Zero GOP members voted for da bill...if it goes down on flames, Trump & da GOP basically are validated in their critiques of da law in da 1st place, Dems are on da record for a party line vote not vote to repeal da crumbing law.

Democrats better be ready for that.

da joint would revert pre Obamacare levels, last time i checked was waaay better than da current status of a dilapidated Obamacare.
It was pretty cool that a person could be denied coverage because they had scoliosis pre-Obamacare. That definitely sounds waaay better.

qfe

It's not even the scientific method, per se. It's just an ability to parse arguments, ideas, and data, to understand what they mean, to put them in context, and to compare them to one another.

It can be easy to tell when someone hasn't had the opportunity to learn these "soft" skills (really they're not "soft" as math and physics are ultimately grounded in the same philosophy and logic that governs any other field of study). There's a maturity of thought and an honesty of intellectualism that is lacking.

Politics is of course more multifaceted than just pure thought and logic -- a lot of it is about beliefs, community, identity, etc. But where we go wrong is when we dilute all of politics down to "both sides are the same" arguments, when we toss away the theory and logic. This then makes it pure tribalism. The great con of this generation is to sell the public on the myth that this tribalism is not tribalism, that support for someone like trump is actually some leap forward in political thought rather than a leap back. It's easy to recognize it when it manifests on the fringes: people who don't want to vaccinate their kids, for example. But you see it too when people discuss something where there is perhaps more debate among professionals, such as economic policy. Here they obscure their arguments by using some uncertainty about the whole process ("well economists don't have a perfect measure for a healthy economy") to trojan horse their hidden agenda ("well trickle down economics is really all about capitalism and free choice, and we should use it for health care too, on principle"), and then they sprinkle in some healthy paranoia, xenophobia, or a conspiracy theory ("isn't it odd that these liberal economists are all Jews? Just saying").

So I think that's my frustration with political discourse and I would guess it's shared by many in this thread. We're trying to respect the thought and logic, but most political debate does not.

LOL better for who? Rich folks?
Try telling this to senior citizens and AARP how much reverting back to pre Obamacare will be way better for them.

naw, Zero GOP members voted for da bill...if it goes down on flames, Trump & da GOP basically are validated in their critiques of da law in da 1st place, Dems are on da record for a party line vote not vote to repeal da crumbing law.

Democrats better be ready for that.

i mean, i understand that's the gop talking point. i hear Jeffrey Lord say it, so i shouldn't be surprised.

I'm not going to bother pointing out the major flaws in it. like i said, it's not gonna matter to trump's core supporters. case in point.

It was pretty cool that a person could be denied coverage because they had scoliosis pre-Obamacare. That definitely sounds waaay better.

guess what, deductables are so expensive & premiums are sky rocketing due to a death spiral and insurers pulling out, you worried about drinking milk from da udders of a dying cow.

i mean, i understand that's the gop talking point. i hear Jeffrey Lord say it,

im at Dyckman park watching basketball, eff a talking point, thats exactly what happened.

Dems took a gamble, pass a flawed law and assumed a new DNC president would transition to single payer, they got caught with their pants down when Trump won & GOP won all those Landslides in Congress.

Back
Top Bottom