***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So we all just addressing the wind again because we're in a new house?

giphy.gif

guess what, deductables are so expensive & premiums are sky rocketing due to a death spiral and insurers pulling out, you worried about drinking milk from da udders of a dying cow.
Me personally, and everyone else under BCBS of North Carolina, my premiums are going up next year because of Trump and the GOP. So take your dumb, misinformed talking point and go home.

you're 1 State.

Hillary's campaign started to Crumble once Obamacare premiums were announced in late October.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/news/economy/obamacare-premiums/index.html

"talking points" :D
I'm not in North Carolina. They sponsor my employers health plan, and millions of people. I'll be fine, I can afford a 22% increase in premiums. But I can imagine a sizeable percentage cannot. Especially those who are employed in the low paying positions, who are barely getting by already. If our current health plan becomes unaffordable, and the ACA is gone and can't cover them at a cheaper price, they're ****** if they get sick. Forgive me for having sympathy for those who aren't as fortunate as myself.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/13/obamacare-markets-health-care-240487
Despite doomsday rhetoric, Obamacare markets are stabilizing

here's da lead they buried...

The financial results are only for the first quarter, and there are still plenty of problems with the markets: Just 141 insurers submitted plans to sell on the exchange market for next year — a nearly 40 percent decrease from this year, HHS said this week. And there are 38 counties nationwide where no insurer has filed any plans to sell for 2018, potentially leaving 25,000 individuals with no coverage options. In addition, insurers in many states are once again seeking eye-popping premium increases, often exceeding 20 percent.

and da only thing keeping it from going under is basically subsidized payments from a government thats shaky at best? lol...good luck on that.

GOP voted 60+ times to repeal Obamacare...care to enlighten us how many times were replace votes rolled out? :D

Even when they voted 60+ times, they never offered anything as a replacement in their 'repeal and replace' nonsense. How can you deny 'repeal and replace' wasn't sold to their base for the past 8 years?

heh, dont hold your breath.

why does this Beligerant Belgium boy has my name in his mouth constantly? :lol:

imma snitch on his post, tag @Methodical Management and da next time da racist Caucasian's son tries to violate imma tell him what else he can replace my name in his mouth with, kapeesh? fall back on me, no one is thinking about you, i suggest u eye someone else.

and thats on god and my mother.
Or what b? You're gonna whine some more on the internet about your feelings getting hurt? Spare yourself the laughter.
I used you as an example to illustrate why I believe the discussion becomes futile at some point if basic standards of debate aren't met. And whether you like it or not, you don't come near any such standard. Again, it's as simple as just being inable to ever admit to being wrong. Nobody would care about your occasional math mistakes if you didn't go such lengths to avoid a simple "my mistake, I was wrong" at all costs. I would think many would probably agree that discussion becomes futile if one of the parties simply does not ever acknowledge or admit to being wrong, and thus can not grow wiser from learning from those mistakes. So your objection is what, reality?
You are free to report whatever you want if it makes you feel better, Meth will decide if it is warranted.

Pointing out why arguing with you is essentially like arguing with a brick wall is simply what it is. If you call me disabled or the son of a white supremacist, both of those are fact. I hold no objections to that, the latter is a fact I voluntarily divulged myself. The Mr. Glass type remarks are certainly insults but I see no need to report them if they are directed at me personally. If anything I find those kind of remarks laughable for how low and pitiful they are. And generally I'm not a thin-skinned person.

So do whatever you feel you must and let Meth decide if your "snitching" is warranted. Though I must point out the hypocrisy of the man who repeatedly claimed that "finally PC culture getting relegated to da dustbin" while at the same time going on and on about how your feelings are hurt by some random guy on the internet who lives on the other side of the ocean. I would have little problem with you if you'd show even the slightest bit of respect to basic standards of productive discussion. Rico has insulted me plenty of times in the past and we disagree on just about everything, including existence of systemic racism. Or rather the non-existence in Rico's case.
And yet we got along just fine, after some time at least. Sure some arguments led nowhere but for the most part you could have a decent discussion with him.

Last edited:
guess what, deductables are so expensive & premiums are sky rocketing due to a death spiral and insurers pulling out, you worried about drinking milk from da udders of a dying cow.

Wait, so is it better to not have coverage or better to have coverage?

there are two grenades. one is that they said they would repeal the ACA. even if it was the greatest thing ever, that is what they ran on and what their people want.

two is the actual impact. if they repeal and things go south or if they do nothing and things go south, in both cases they will shoulder the blame.

that's for normal logic. but we all know trump supporters will use mental gymnastics to blame it all on Obama.

so it's all pointless. I'm just laughing cause McConnell/Ryan/trump failed. trump is not winning. hahahaha

tenor.gif

btw i could've seen myself voting for kasich. even with his baggage, at least he tries to be thoughtful.
Kasich was the only candidate on that side I respected. Early on, I was willing to give him my ear, and I was genuinely open to considering a conservative candidate, but he was drowned out early.

Thoughtfulness no longer has a place in politics.

Man **** Kaisch. He is horrible too.

Dude came in riding the Tea Party wave. He was on Hannity and Fox news constantly dog whistling in 2010.

Dude defunded Planned Parenthood and wanted to do it nationwide.

He is a white supremacist just like the rest of the GOP primary field

The Republicans with sense that are left are the Governors of Blue states,not including Maine and NJ

The GOP needs to run more Brian Sandovals and Larry Hogans (he kinda suspect doe)

Last edited:
Well, I clearly hadn’t done my research.

But I was really yearning for a change and to actually listen to some perspective that wasn’t my own. If what you say is true, I was duped by his long pauses and thoughtful facial expressions.
CpeLfI3bzgaA38GqvfWFjG_AGDFyq0_L4liZk60nNbq9bGFcjC4yMeuaeohsNFRL5usiCv2-ybQEJxcG6Bd-f74JiZgQC_E=s0-d-e1-ft

How ironic, the first time I’m ready and willing to open my mind a conservative candidate, this is what they put forward.

All of the economist in here are ignoring the markets right now? I know the portfolios are jumping. Trump bump?

In the last thirty years, the relationship between between the stock market and GDP and median wages have shown a weaker and weaker relationship with each other. During the Bush years, we saw pretty robust GDP growth, a strong stock market and very lousy employment numbers. The Obama years were characterized slow but steady GDP growth, very high stock prices and labor market that produced a lot of jobs but little to no wage growth for most workers.

Trump's economic performance is too early to grade. We're still operating on a budget that Obama signed and whatever changes Trump can get through executive fiat or through legislation will not manifest themselves in the real, non stock market economy for at least a few months. From what Trump has indicated, he favors policies that will accelerate this decoupling of growth and stock prices on the one hand and wages on the other.

As far as you getting blocked, I'll say this. I, personally, do not like ignoring, blocking, unfriending on social media. I prefer engagement but that is my prerogative as a straight, cishet, white male. For other people, people of color, queer folks, women, disabled people, they may read someone's political views and those views can cause real pain by making marginalized communities relive trauma.

It is a very murky thing to separate genuine political points of view from racism, homophobia, misogyny and ableism. For that reason, the mods and admins give people a lot of leeway and they err on the side of letting a toxic political point of view go admonished. Other users, on the other hand, are free to do the opposite and err on the side of avoiding toxic and traumatizing views even if the intent is not to cause harm even if that view is a genuine and heartfelt perspective.

So I just ask you not to lose sight of the fact that political discussions are about real people and real lives and real consequences. I enjoy the forensics aspect of political and academic discussions but the fun and challenge of all that should not distract us from the fact that; for each and every issue on the table, there are groups of people whose lives will be affected by the outcome and in extreme cases, it can mean the difference between life and death.

Enjoy the back and forth but please do not forget the stakes and do not forget that some people in this community have a greater personal stake in the outcome of a particular issue than do others.

here's da lead they buried...

and da only thing keeping it from going under is basically subsidized payments from a government thats shaky at best? lol...good luck on that.
You realize that even this potential situation is better than what the GOP has proposed?!?! Yes there are problems with Obamacare but do you even care about the potential millions of people who risk losing their insurance whether they repeal the legislation or replace it with something more draconian? Not to mention the cost of insurance would rise exponentially on the sick and elderly?
To use this to gain political points is one that sounds nuts to me
Just improve the damn law, not make it worse.

sounds like you don't want da answer.

you prefer to pretend to have insurance you can't afford cuz of premiums/deductables vs getting blocked off top?
Let's try this one more time to see if you can follow directions.

1) Have insurance
2) Not have insurance

Select one from above that describes the best scenario to be in.

Back
Top Bottom