***Official Political Discussion Thread***

everybody going back and forth i'm sitting here like...

Untitled.gif

trump's travel ban was supposed to be a temporary measure lasting for 90 days (or maybe it was 6 months. i don't remember or care) while they figured out better vetting procedures. the ban was struck down multiple times in the courts. the supreme court gave him a small victory (or not, depending on how you look at it), but regardless it's been 6 months now. have they figured out the improved vetting procedures?

trump was supposed to repeal and replace the ACA right away. it failed in the Senate. the House got something through, barely, and it had a bad CBO score and wasn't going to make it through the Senate without major changes. the Senate couldn't get anything through despite repeated attempts. so it's hard to tell if any progress has been made on that front.

trump's radical budget proposal has so far been ignored by congress.

it's been 6 months with both the GOP controlling the House, Senate, and Presidency. the main accomplishment has been Gorsuch on their end. in a few months, we're going to start the 2018 election season.

notice i didn't even mention russia or trump's health?

The constitutionally of the travel ban, him winning president or even the republican nominee in the first place defied the prediction of most political pundits. He's been in 6 months. Executive orders are the only thing he can do unilaterally.
plus Killin TPP & green lighting keystone.

trump's travel ban was supposed to be a temporary measure lasting for 90 days (or maybe it was 6 months. i don't remember or care) while they figured out better vetting procedures. the ban was struck down multiple times in the courts. the supreme court gave him a small victory (or not, depending on how you look at it), but regardless it's been 6 months now. have they figured out the improved vetting procedures?

trump was supposed to repeal and replace the ACA right away. it failed in the Senate. the House got something through, barely, and it had a bad CBO score and wasn't going to make it through the Senate without major changes. the Senate couldn't get anything through despite repeated attempts. so it's hard to tell if any progress has been made on that front.

trump's radical budget proposal has so far been ignored by congress.

it's been 6 months with both the GOP controlling the House, Senate, and Presidency. the main accomplishment has been Gorsuch on their end. in a few months, we're going to start the 2018 election season.

The only court that matters in regards to the travel ban is that of the Supreme Court. The other courts that struck it down were all overturned by SCOTUS, meaning they made the wrong decision. That is the judicial system, out of his hands.

In terms of the ACA a bill passed the house, and one will likely pass the senate as well. It has only been 6 months. That is the legislative system, out of his hands.

Congress is not the fastest, but I'm sure most in this thread would agree they will repeal and replace. They really don't have a choice.

He made a budget proposal.

What more could he do as president?

So you don't have any useful dissent. You asked about consequences and provided none when asked...

:rolleyes:

I'm challenging you to look them up for yourself. You don't have to.

I don't need to get into yet another discussion just so you can ignore everything posted to say "we can agree to disagree."

The picture is real. He really crossed the subway tracks. The reason is what is false. He talked to reporters prior to crossing and after crossing. He wasn't avoiding reporters. The characterization of the picture is the issue.

So why did he cross the tracks?

So why did he cross the tracks?

'The Senator stopped and answered a number of questions from reporters before crossing the tracks because he had to go vote,' spokesman Tom Brandt told The Washington Examiner.

'He even spoke to reporters again after he crossed the tracks,' he added. 'This was simply a light-hearted, display of athleticism, in an effort to not push his way through dozens of reporters and get to votes.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...way-tracks-avoid-reporters.html#ixzz4nIF4cjXP

Yea, I laughed because you're right. You fully understand the implication of tweet. But we can ignore it.

The only court that matters in regards to the travel ban is that of the Supreme Court. The other courts that struck it down were all overturned by SCOTUS, meaning they made the wrong decision. That is the judicial system, out of his hands.

In terms of the ACA a bill passed the house, and one will likely pass the senate as well. It has only been 6 months. That is the legislative system, out of his hands.

Congress is not the fastest, but I'm sure most in this thread would agree they will repeal and replace. They really don't have a choice.

He made a budget proposal.

What more could he do as president?
Presidents are supposed to take responsibility. Even with a hostile Congress, Obama was still the leader.

But I guess we didn't elect a president in trump. We elected a little *****. So it's fine, we can not blame him for failures, but let's not credit him for successes either (like the economy).

Presidents are supposed to take responsibility. Even with a hostile Congress, Obama was still the leader.

But I guess we didn't elect a president in trump. We elected a little *****. So it's fine, we can not blame him for failures, but let's not credit him for successes either (like the economy).
Dapper Don shouldn't be getting credit for the economy anyways. President Obama and his policies are still in place and causing the employment numbers to improve. The previous administration usually has responsibility for the economy a year into the next admins time; but with this child sitting in the Oval office, it's hard to say how long Obama's influence will last (for better or worse).

Back
Top Bottom