***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Rep. Scalise's chief of staff responded to the ad in a tweet

Isn't Scalise still in the hospital?
deadmanny.png

:rofl:
A Texas Republican congressman says it’s “absolutely repugnant” that the GOP-led Senate hasn’t acted on repealing the health care law and he singled out “some female senators from the Northeast.”

In a radio interview with “1440 Keys,” Rep. Blake Farenthold said the Senate has failed to show the courage to dismantle the health care law. The Senate is expected to vote Tuesday on whether to move ahead on legislation.

Farenthold complained about some female lawmakers and said, “If it was a guy from south Texas, I might ask him to step outside and settle this Aaron Burr-style.”

Maine Sen. Susan Collins has been consistent in opposing the GOP replacement to Obamacare. Other female senators who have expressed reservations are Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

I just realized...

Sean Spicer:
melissa-mccarthy-as-sean-spicer-snl.jpg

FIRED

Jefferson Sessions:
Jeff%20Sessions.JPG

About to get FIRED

SNL is 2/2.

Let's go for the trifecta:
lj_trump_snl.jpg

Wonder who's money is behind this push, likely big tobacco.

They shouldn't be against legalization

MJ users buy their products just for the paper. :smh: :lol:

People who smoke weed and ciggs won't stop smoking cancer sticks because weed is legal.

Dems platform offered a real progressive step forward. Liberals still complained because they didn't like Clinton.

Single payer is not only to be offered because they can't past single payer. The GOP is now getting blowback for lying about health insurance reform. They just need a better way to message a public option.

I think it is time that the liberal base stop demanding they be excited to be able to vote.

-The first sentence was for @red mpls . The quote didn't come out properly

And this is a silly agenda that opposition put out all the time. The 2018 effort is not gonna be only on this and the 2017 effort will be more localized,not a national campaign.

A platform or a policy statement is a way of articulating your policy ideals. Republicans will never get a balanced budget amendment in the Constitution but that's their platform, that is their ideal and those ideals energize their own base.

Democrats are telling their base that they cannot even imagine a world where insurance companies charge an arm and a leg and make enormous profits. This message reverberates to the low income, low opportunity having, lower propensity voters that the Democratic Party is not for them.

BTW, I am not trying to throw Clinton under the bus here. I'm applying the same principle to Bernie and his refusal to support reparations. I hold it against liberal politicians when they refuse to support a path to universal drug legalization or police demilitarization or free college tuition or a UBI. If you cannot even imagine something great, I doubt that after the sausage making of legislation that you're be capable of delivering something that we could consider to be good.

Back
Top Bottom