***Official Political Discussion Thread***

man, **** McCain.

hope he lives a long life and is able to see his children and grandchildren suffer when they can't get health care.

A platform or a policy statement is a way of articulating your policy ideals. Republicans will never get a balanced budget amendment in the Constitution but that's their platform, that is their ideal and those ideals energize their own base.

Democrats are telling their base that they cannot even imagine a world where insurance companies charge an arm and a leg and make enormous profits. This message reverberates to the low income, low opportunity having, lower propensity voters that the Democratic Party is not for them.

BTW, I am not trying to throw Clinton under the bus here. I'm applying the same principle to Bernie and his refusal to support reparations. I hold it against liberal politicians when they refuse to support a path to universal drug legalization or police demilitarization or free college tuition or a UBI. If you cannot even imagine something great, I doubt that after the sausage making of legislation that you're be capable of delivering something that we could consider to be good.

Dude please, The Dems explicitly tell their base they want to give them a low cost public option. The tell their base that the ACA, and even a public option can be a bridge to something better. Not supporting single payer is not telling their base they should not have better.

This is not about expanding the political imagination. It is about lying to people for political gain. Obama could have demanded single payer, Libermann would have not budged. Plus the roadblocks to single payer are more than just bought off politicians.

The Dems should put forward a real left wing solution to pact the ACA, and get to universal coverage, something line with what most of the party can run on. Instead, in a couple weeks we will be treated to Bernie purity testing Dems, with a probably bare bones bills, all for political gain. Which will spark more in fighting

What a time

Last edited:
IMG_5430.JPG

read the whole thread about the trump speech to the boy scouts:

as a former scout, this disgusts me. the bsa better put out a statement disavowing today's speech.

:smh:

This dude Trump about to fire one of his most loyal supporters

How many times you gotta shoot yourself in the foot?

Doubt it because that would mean he lied under oath

The racist Keebler elf would probably hold back from incriminating himself
he's a feeble old man. maybe he's banking on an easy time in prison and early release. to take down trump, the man who betrayed him, would be a courageous and honorable move.

oh wait, who am i kidding. sessions is a dishonorable coward.

Whats the list on broken people or organizations associated with Donald Trump?

USFL
Atlantic City
Ivana
Marla Maples
Christie
Mike Flynn
Billy Bush
Sessions

I believe Im missing more.

Whats the list on broken people or organizations associated with Donald Trump?

USFL
Atlantic City
Ivana
Marla Maples
Christie
Mike Flynn
Billy Bush
Sessions

I believe Im missing more.
The Republican party
Human decency
Ivanka's virginity
Jeffrey Lord's self-respect
Sean Spicer
The Boy Scouts
(indirectly) Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, etc.
Mitt Romney? Rafael Cruz?

That said, let's not forget those who are now on a meteoric rise to the top:

BENJAMIN BARSON 2020
Betsy Bae Devos
Brother Steve Harvey
Comrade Kushner
Vladimir Putin

Remember when I said a while back that liberals need to realize that dudes like Elon Musk are not their friends

It might be time to think the same of Jeff Bezos. If the Dems are serious about restoring their antitrust platform. They really need to rip Amazon apart.

Probably all the other major tech companies too, especially Google.

Back
Top Bottom