***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Dude is throwing him all the way under the bus :lol:

Only a matter of time until **** hits the fan ..u gotta think the right person is going to sing when the time comes because it's no way his *** is going to have your back

Remember when I said a while back that liberals need to realize that dudes like Elon Musk are not their friends

It might be time to think the same of Jeff Bezos. If the Dems are serious about restoring their antitrust platform. They really need to rip Amazon apart.

Probably all the other major tech companies too, especially Google.

I missed your original post on Musk but can you please explain why you say that about these two individuals? I'm not instigating, just genuinely curious about their misdoings and true intentions.

he's not the hero we need, but he's the hero we deserve. thank you, don trump, for torturing the racist Jefferson Sessions.

I can get behind Trump tormenting Sessions simply because "he can" this is the power people like Sessions handed him, you lit yourself on fire, dummy! Now burnnnnnnnnn!!!!!! Hope he does this to every member of his administration till he's left alone and then he can off himself.

These people gonna learn about getting in bed with this dude Trump one day

I'm afraid it ain't happenin anytime soon. Conmen look for those people who have too much pride to admit they're wrong and too much greed to realize a money-making/p-grabbing opportunity can be too good to be true. Unfortunately, the US is full of these kinds of people.

Yeah it would be too blatantly obvious to fire him, so he's trolling him into resigning, if this clown Session had any backbone he'd be applying even more preassure now, he has the opportunity to redeem himself, take Trump down and save the country, even if that includes a bit of self sacrifice, but we all know the Reps don't know how to spell sacrifice.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/opinion/republican-support-donald-trump.html?referer=

It’s true that we still don’t know how these stories will end. If the Senate passes a damaging health care bill or lets Trump halt the Russia investigation, I will revisit my assessment. For now, though, I think many political observers are missing the ways that parts of Trump’s own party have subtly begun to revolt.

Just listen to Trump himself. “It’s very sad that Republicans,” he wrote in a weekend Twitter rant, “do very little to protect their President.” In a historical sense, he is right. Members of Congress usually support a new president of their own party much more strongly than Republicans are now.

They typically understand that a young presidency offers the rare opportunity for sweeping legislation — like the Reagan tax cut, the George W. Bush tax cut, the Clinton deficit plan and the Obama stimulus, health bill and financial regulation. Some intraparty tensions are unavoidable, and defectors kill some legislation — as happened with the Clinton health plan and the Obama climate plan. But partisan loyalty is the norm.

Congress members tend to echo White House talking points fulsomely. They find the votes to pass bills. They defend the president against scandal. And the loyalty doesn’t stop in the first year. During Watergate, as the political scientist Jonathan Bernstein has noted, most Republicans stood by Richard Nixon until almost the bitter end.

Matt Glassman, another political scientist, is one of the sharper observers of the White House-Congress relationship, and I asked him to put the current situation in context. Glassman said that many progressives have made the mistake of comparing how they want Congress to treat Trump with what it is doing. The more relevant yardstick is how Congress’s treatment compares historically.

“The current congressional G.O.P. seems less supportive and more constraining of the Potus than basically any in history,” Glassman wrote to me, “save the unique circumstances of Andrew Johnson (who wasn’t really a Republican) and John Tyler (who bucked his party aggressively), neither of whom were elected.”

Many of today’s Republicans avoid going on television as Trump surrogates. They mock him off the record, and increasingly on therecord, too. In recent weeks, eight senators have publicly stood in the way of a health care bill. Republican senators are also helping to conduct an investigation of Trump’s campaign and have backed the appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel.

Ahh....he's trying to bully Sessions into resigning.....All so he can appoint a new AG to fire Mueller and takeover the Russia Investigation under the guise of not having a conflict of interest.

We see the play Donny...

Turtle Mitch and Ryan have been backing Mueller and his independence this whole time so I doubt even they'd be able to defend the manbaby firing his AG to hire someone who'd fire Mueller for him but nothing suprises me from the GOP anymore so who knows

Manaforts been subpoenaed...

IMG_20170725_095301.jpg

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/frances-effort-steal-americas-climate-scientists-working/

As it turns out, that scientist-snatching initiative was wildly successful. Launched on June 8, the last six weeks have seen hundreds upon hundreds of applications flood in, many of which feature researchers currently living and working in the US.

Although many of these applications are for short-term research ventures, 154 of them are specifically for long-term, four-year stays with the aim of conducting research in France for the foreseeable future. At the same time, the government has been head-hunting high-profile climate scientists themselves, and offers will be made to 50 of them by the end of November.

Inspired by this success, German officials have also reportedly begun a scheme of their own, which is likely to generate similar levels of interest from American researchers.

Barson should've been the AG and HUD Secretary. I can't think of anyone else that could do both jobs at the same time. If Barson were the AG we would be doing the COSSACK Dance everyday. Get SESSIONS outta here. Barson/Lannister 2020

Dems platform offered a real progressive step forward. Liberals still complained because they didn't like Clinton.

Single payer is not only to be offered because they can't past single payer. The GOP is now getting blowback for lying about health insurance reform. They just need a better way to message a public option.

I think it is time that the liberal base stop demanding they be excited to be able to vote.

-The first sentence was for -Red- -Red- . The quote didn't come out properly

And this is a silly agenda that opposition put out all the time. The 2018 effort is not gonna be only on this and the 2017 effort will be more localized,not a national campaign.

So to clarify, you're defending this on the basis of: "Well, the Dems tried the 'progressive agenda' thing with Hillary Clinton and lost so..." and "Shut up, fall in line, and vote"? OK, you got it fam :lol:

I can get behind Trump tormenting Sessions simply because "he can" this is the power people like Sessions handed him, you lit yourself on fire, dummy! Now burnnnnnnnnn!!!!!! Hope he does this to every member of his administration till he's left alone and then he can off himself.

GOP been playing the fire challenge in a forest fire with gasoline soaked clothes but hey they went viral (won election).

For the most part I disagree. Perhaps the ban is a bit much but I certainly don't think any doctor should label a diagnosis on people that are not their patient and haven't been examined by them personally.
If they want to give their opinion, they should at least always make it very clear that they are speculating or voicing concern and avoid putting any diagnosis on said individual. No "he likely has disorder x" or anything like that.
I'm not sure if we have a law against that here, not to my knowledge, but it's definitely seen as very unethical for medical professionals to publicly comment about people that aren't their patient, especially mental health professionals.

Back
Top Bottom