***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Welp. My premiums are already spiking next year. Wonder how much worse it'll get now.

If McCain weren't such a maverick, it would almost be hard to believe this is what he dies for.

McCain just said the republicans haven't found a proper ACA replacement and he's not sure they ever will.
He said he'd vote no on the bill as it is written now, well then why vote to debate this awful bill? All this talk about working together is just gonna fall on deaf ears with his fellow republicans. As if they're gonna work together with democrats on this healthcare bill. It's like expecting bipartisan effort between pro-lifers and pro-choicers on an abortion bill.

McCain just said the republicans haven't found a proper ACA replacement and he's not sure they ever will.
He said he'd vote no on the bill as it is written now, well then why vote to debate this awful bill? All this talk about working together is just gonna fall on deaf ears with his fellow republicans. As if they're gonna work together with democrats on healthcare.
The whole thing is just confusing and murky in general. Nothing is transparent. All I see is something that panders to the base that they will "do something".

I tried watching him talk but then he got into hating on the other side of the aisle and how much the ACA sucks and I changed the channel. I've seen this episode too many times it's a rerun.

In fairness, I would advise listening to McCain's speech in full. It does at least explain where he's coming from in voting to proceed with debate. Too much of the "both sides are the same" nonsense but he criticized the whole process of the current bill and the bill itself. He said he voted to proceed on debate because he thinks something had to be done to move things forward and that debating is better than nothing. If the bill doesn't improve significantly he will vote no, though it's McCain of course so that doesn't exactly hold any weight.

However misguided it may be, his reasoning for his vote is a bit more complicated than "**** your healthcare". I can now sort of understand his point of view though I strongly disagree of course.

Last edited:
DFmiEM_XYAAjmkP.jpg

This is just a vote to debate the bill. It's not quite a vote to repeal yet.
Important to note but still, it's a concerning direction for people's healthcare. All they need to do is find a way to get Collins, Murkowski and maybe (odds of slim to none) McCain on board.

McCain is a clown. He just received world class healthcare paid for by the people and now he votes to debate a bill(do we even know which bill they are going to debate?)that takes away healthcare from millions.

When will LIBBIES FINALLY ADMIT THAT THE AHCA is different from Obummer Care? I support the AHCA but not Obummer Care. Elementary my dear LIBBIES.

Maverick did AMAZING work today.

I want to know how McCain sleeps at night :stoneface: :smh:
I'm so tempted to make a joke about his condition but I'm going to refrain.

There are people with his condition who deserve all the sympathy in the world, and I don't want to in any way mock or detract from them by taking a shot at ******* John McCain.

It's so tempting though.

Back
Top Bottom