***Official Political Discussion Thread***

He looks EXTREMELY DAPPER.
You're right. He does have that sugar daddy appeal.

It is complicated and in a way Lebanon is at the front line, but it's an incredibly stupid thing to say politically because Hariri (dude standing next to trump) is part of accepting Hezbollah into the government, which is probably the best hope for normalizing Hezbollah politically.

Then again, trump would probably also say that "America is at the front lines of fighting the Democrats."

Idiot :smh:

Important to note but still, it's a concerning direction for people's healthcare. All they need to do is find a way to get Collins, Murkowski and maybe (odds of slim to none) McCain on board.

Agreed, not trying to make it seem that this isn't important, just making sure people don't jump the gun. I also believe this was the bill that Trump called "mean" so we'll see what happens, but I have zero confidence in these people.

I'm so tempted to make a joke about his condition but I'm going to refrain.

There are people with his condition who deserve all the sympathy in the world, and I don't want to in any way mock or detract from them by taking a shot at ****ing John McCain.

It's so tempting though.

I have no remorse that that ****boi. He'll be gone within a year

Agreed, not trying to make it seem that this isn't important, just making sure people don't jump the gun. I also believe this was the bill that Trump called "mean" so we'll see what happens, but I have zero confidence in these people.
Trump is gonna rubber stamp any healthcare bill that makes it to his desk, unless maybe if the democrats worked too much on it. He doesn't have a clue what any of it means anyway.

Edit:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/politics/trump-interview-transcript.html
TRUMP: Nothing changes. Nothing changes. Once you get something for pre-existing conditions, etc., etc. Once you get something, it’s awfully tough to take it away.

HABERMAN: That’s been the thing for four years. When you win an entitlement, you can’t take it back.

TRUMP: But what it does, Maggie, it means it gets tougher and tougher. As they get something, it gets tougher. Because politically, you can’t give it away. So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, “I want my insurance.” It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of.

HABERMAN: Am I wrong in thinking — I’ve talked to you a bunch of times about this over the last couple years, but you are generally of the view that people should have health care, right? I mean, I think that you come at it from the view of …

TRUMP: Yes, yes. [garbled]

_________

TRUMP: So I told them today, I don’t want to do that. I want to either get it done or not get it done. If we don’t get it done, we are going to watch Obamacare go down the tubes, and we’ll blame the Democrats. And at some point, they are going to come and say, “You’ve got to help us.”

Please do. Don't need the Hall Monitor in her shakin' his head at us

I'm refraining not out of respect to ******* John McCain but out of respect to those fighting cancer.

I hope the Vietnamese recapture his sorry *** and torture him by holding him away at arm's length while he tries to punch back with his tiny arms.

960749-Businessman-holding-a-female-coworker-away-who-is-trying-to-hit-him-while-laughing-manically-The-cou-Stock-Photo.jpg

John Mccain is either incredibly cynical and shady operator, in metal decline or one of the dumber political figures I've encountered.

Do y'all think if the revelation of the brain tumor had caused McCain to change his stance Republicans would have said that with the brain tumor he's not medically fit to vote?

Funny seeing trump ramble on about how bad Assad is because he used chemical weapons but not once does he mention how he assassinated the father of the man standing next to him.

Back
Top Bottom