***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That won’t happen, but I wouldn’t be against it considering the country and that flag and those monuments were built on the backs of my people.

Can’t understand why you can’t see how the relation between these monuments and our ugly history is such a sore spot for minorities.

it doesn't matter if its da past...

you don't see da Japanese going crazy over...

s-l300.jpg

like da Country was won by da union...are you gonna rename Jacksonville Florida because of its eponymous Slave owner origins? it starts to become of exercise of absurdity.

many cultures/societies have changed names and taken other actions to disavow some aspects of their history.

it's not abnormal and can be respectful if done properly. and, more importantly, it's a way for society and culture to progress.

it should be a simple solution, imo. relocate certain statues to museums or other places for safe keeping. i don't think they should be destroyed as i believe in preserving history, but i also don't think most structures need to be publicly displayed forever.

it's also comical that people are equating a ~100-year-old statue with works of art from antiquity.
Agreed on all points. I’m cool with even displaying them at a museum. To have them out in the middle of the city honoring these people who committed atrocious acts, how do we ever get past it?

It is history. It shouldn’t be destroyed. But we shouldn’t continue to honor these men.

First time I’m hearing Trump’s words. He exposed himself and his true beliefs. You could tell he was passionate and that’s how he really felt.

Sad it took some of you so long that Trump was a bigot. The evidence has been out there for decades.

i mean i cant knock what his guest said at all "when you push da identity politics, eventually you'll get around to da identity politics for white people"

that's what i said earlier about da rally and da indoctrination of people to fringe groups on both sides of da spectrums being funnelled by da Polarization of da landscape.

Agreed on all points. I’m cool with even displaying them at a museum. To have them out in the middle of the city honoring these people who committed atrocious acts, how do we ever get past it?

It is history. It shouldn’t be destroyed. But we shouldn’t continue to honor these men.

First time I’m hearing Trump’s words. He exposed himself and his true beliefs. You could tell he was passionate and that’s how he really felt.

Sad it took some of you so long that Trump was a bigot. The evidence has been out there for decades.

i read the transcript in full. incredibly shameful.

watched some videos. made it even worse.

i shudder to think that in the same way Curry has kids launching 3's on fastbreaks that we're going to get a fraction of kids who take after trump's bigotry and anti-intellectualism and vapid behavior.

I was trying to avoid it. I knew it was bad, but he was genuinely passionate about shifting blame. It truly is sad.

I’ll never understand why ANYONE is surprised right now.

i mean i cant knock what his guest said at all "when you push da identity politics, eventually you'll get around to da identity politics for white people"

that's what i said earlier about da rally and da indoctrination of people to fringe groups on both sides of da spectrums being funnelled by da Polarization of da landscape.

You really think the left started identity politics and white identity politics is new?

My god. Go take a political science class. Your entire world view is a damn hot take

You could draw the line at only removin' monuments and statues of any person who sided with the confederates

Tucker Carson's second guest BLM co-founderJasmyne nailed it with how i feel in her closing thoughts.

whole segment is good though.

Back
Top Bottom