***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It would end up becoming a party system again I think. Humans play teams instinctually it seems.
Yup....when the country got founded, initially it was a no party system and Washington was independent, but factions brewed up quick already after the first year of Washington's presidency. They were the Federalists and the Democratic-Republican Party.

Yup....when the country got founded, initially it was a no party system and Washington was independent, but factions brewed up quick already after the first year of Washington's presidency. They were the Federalists and the Democratic-Republican Party.

Yessir. Washington warned against it too, he saw the possibilities of American division.

gSM1w_CDuBWQ6MnEX02Dc51jcP0oK7JUqDtF--1NL1Y.png

violin.gif

OBUMMER's Response to HARVEY HAS BEEN TERRIBLE . He should be doing way MORE than spewing conjecture and innuendo.

OBUMMER's Response to HARVEY HAS BEEN TERRIBLE . He should be doing way MORE than spewing conjecture and innuendo.
This hurricane is a direct result of CROOKED H and her terrible work in the white house from 1992 to 2016.

don warned us about this in the debates!

This thread runs like a well oiled cesspool when everyone is in agreement, simply fussing over
inconsequential details.

The closets I've seen to a true political exchange on NT was outside this thread...when politics find
their way into another thread where everyone doesn't already think the same way. Does that blow anyone's mind?
every medium or forum for politics discussion takes on its own character. there is the obviously awful (bunch of people blaming Hillary for everything) and then there is the better, but none is perfect. as long as people actually pay some thought to what's posted and don't just resort to reflexive talking points, it's a valuable discussion, all things considered, even if it isn't perfectly representative of the whole country.

one type of discussion i enjoy is the level-headed Republicans (usually the crowd big on military strategy) who all detest trump. it's been more informative to read those types of discussions than to go somewhere like huffpo where i may agree with more stuff but i don't like the onesidedness.

like all other examples, this thread isn't a perfectly balanced forum, but like i said, as long as there is at least attempts at thoughtful discussion, which typically there is, then it's a worthy place. i do think a lot of potentially valuable contributors may not post in here because it moves too fast or whatever, but they'll pop up in those other threads you're thinking of.

Last edited:
This hurricane is a direct result of CROOKED H and her terrible work in the white house from 1992 to 2016.

don warned us about this in the debates!

Exactly. Theodore Cruz ALREADY warned us about LIBBIE GOVERNMENT and its overreach to natural disasters. DAPPER DON IS doing an EXCELLENT job. Twitter support is worth more than FEMA SUPPORT.

Actually surprised he waited this long to do that.

Obama’s order prohibited the federal government from providing grenade launchers, bayonets, tracked armored vehicles, weaponized aircraft and vehicles, and firearms and ammunition of .50-caliber or greater to police. As of December, the agency overseeing the program had recalled at least 100 grenade launchers, more than 1,600 bayonets and 126 tracked vehicles — those that run on continuous, tank-like tracks instead of wheels — that were provided through the program.

These clowns are going to be living out their Arnie and Sly action movie fantasies. :stoneface:

Last edited:
Executive Producer Eddie Conway speaks with Dylan Rodriguez, Professor of Media and Cultural Studies at UC Riverside, about White Reconstruction, the false narrative that the term mass incarceration creates, and more

Back
Top Bottom