***Official Political Discussion Thread***

what a c#(&$#'

he's now tweeted 3 times today that this is a big storm:

"Many people are now saying that this is the worst storm/hurricane they have ever seen. Good news is that we have great talent on the ground."
"Wow - Now experts are calling #Harvey a once in 500 year flood! We have an all out effort going, and going well!"
"Going to a Cabinet Meeting (tele-conference) at 11:00 A.M. on #Harvey. Even experts have said they've never seen one like this!"

He's ****ing more alarmist than CNN and Fox News and the Weather Channel put together. And his other tweets today are all over the place:

+ the tweet above about Missouri and then another pair of tweets about NAFTA/Mexico. He truly is unfit for the job.

smile.png

Two things:

- Belgium and every other country matters even if you are an American and your focus is on racial and economic and gender justice. Barack Obama talks about how he can better understand injustice in the United states by seeing it play out in various ways in other societies. Ta-Nehisi has said the same sort of things when talks about living in Paris and reading various Histories of Eastern and Central Europe.

- Who else watched Mayweather-Mcgregor at a sports bar, was the crowd of mixed allegiance because mine was and oh boy, it got tense. The crowd was mostly white but you could tell the people who drove pickup trucks there were all in for McGregor and the people who showed up in Volvos and Priuses were in for Mayweather. It felt like real life Kale versus Coal.

Not that I'm complaining, it is fun living on this purple frontier where Cowboy types and Crystal healer types alternately clash and coexist.

After the fight ended and people were filling out, I did feel obliged to pump this as loud as I could on my crappy sound system:

Patrice O'Neil called it back in 2002 when he said that if we ever have a full blown race war, it will be white people fighting other white people who are fighting in the name of black people. If you want to start an argument in the exoburbs, put a black lives matter bumper sticker next to your NPR bumper sticker, which is across from your Bernie 2016 sticker, on the back of your beat up Volvo.

Edit: Trump is about to have a Katrina situation in his first year, that is elite level, b.

We definitely do, and open (intelligent non ninja) discourse is a great thing, yall should participate more and exchange ideas. The problem is your type always comes in aggressive and dismissive, or flat out uninformed, I'm not sure y'all realize that. There's a right and a wrong way to engage with people.

No one pays any mind to the posts I make here when in agreement. Funny how that works.

No one pays any mind to the posts I make here when in agreement. Funny how that works.

So you want to be part of the circle jerk or what? I don't understand what you're trying to say :lol:

I don't think anybody wants you to stop posting here but you gotta be able to roll with da punches b. Political climate of the US got people not tolerating BS especially on the net. Speak up, speak your mind, don't get yourself reported. It's that easy.

If you know more conservatives on NT who won't get themselves banned and make you look bad bring em in. I would love to see more conservative and logically thinking posters in here.

Spare you what exactly?

Questioning the content of this thread is not a valid reason for posting in itself?

And yes, I know you have called a lot of people things in this thread.
Spare me the "it didn't involve you talking point"

Our drive by post are hardly what I would call valid commentary.

And I brought up that thread because you have mentioned it in the past and wanted posters from there to come in here and school me.

Quit the victim act just because you got a bad reaction

So you want to be part of the circle jerk or what? I don't understand what you're trying to say :lol:

I don't think anybody wants you to stop posting here but you gotta be able to roll with da punches b. Political climate of the US got people not tolerating BS especially on the net. Speak up, speak your mind, don't get yourself reported. It's that easy.

If you know more conservatives on NT who won't get themselves banned and make you look bad bring em in. I would love to see more conservative and logically thinking posters in here.

Yeah he's losing me a bit with the "woe is me" that he can't get in what he calls a cesspool and a circle jerk. Like I said, you got the stage, step back from your ego and repost something you posted earlier that you thought was of value that people missed and let's move on from the antagonist angle. Ninja and other banned racist conservatives have that covered.

Back
Top Bottom