***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I hope Trump doesn't get rid of DACA, but at the same time I hope he does because I think him reversing DACA will aid his demise.

It was that bad?

The outdoor lifestyle/scenery was incredible. Everything else was horrific. That video doesn't surprise me in the least. I would imagine that at work the next day, many people would be defending that police officer. Hell, I had to listen to coworkers complain about the smog that they blamed 100% on California, when at the time, Utah had some of the worst environmental policies in the state.

AS far as the police are concerned, my stance towards them has softened the last few years. A lot of liberals, leftists and righteous curren tand former members of law enforcment have made a pretty persuasive case that to the extent the the police do bad is the extent to which our society is racist, classist, violent and without sympathy for those who are suffering from mental illness.

It is a strong argument and I agree with and yet, I still cannot forgive the police for being so clannish, so unwilling to expel or even reprimand the very worst of their own. I am tired of hearing about their sense of "brotherhood," They are not brothers in arms, they are civil servants. Of course, policing is more dangerous than most civil service jobs but it is still not as intense as being on a real battlefield and yet soldiers in real battlefields show more restraint and they do punish soldiers when they engage in totally unjustified aggression. If Marines in places like Fallujah can adhere to rules of engagement then a deputy Sheriff in a Utah hospital had better learn how to control himself.

Republicans in the inland west: The Market is infallible

Republicans in the inland west: California is a hellhole

Republicans in the inland west: California housing prices are really really high.

Utah is a beautiful Utah State. But no way in hell would I live there.

The biggest job offer I ever got was in Utah and I didn't even consider it.

I have meet tons of people from Utah and the only ones are liked talking to were transplants that also hated the state.

Dem LDS Utah folk are a trip. Only thing they want to talk about is their damn mission .

Utah is a beautiful Utah State. But no way in hell would I live there.

The biggest job offer I ever got was in Utah and I didn't even consider it.

I have meet tons of people from Utah and the only ones are liked talking to were transplants that also hated the state.

Dem LDS Utah folk are a trip. Only thing they want to talk about is their damn mission .
My homie went to BYU on a football scholarship. He didn't stay long.

I thought that Utah Republicans were cut from a different cloth than the rest of the GOP.
They kinda are. They are more moderate overall but on the issues they are conservative, they are really conservative.

If the Dems dropped their support for the LBGTQ+ community, ramp up the religious rhetoric, started talking about systemic issues as moral failings, act like it is the white man's burden to help minorities find their way to self sufficiency (The white savior stuff plays great in Utah), and there is always a loony LDS libertarian to split the rural vote, then Utah would be a swing state.

Edit: On second thought they would not. Independent liberals might have a chance, not Dems.

Last edited:

Literally
200.gif

Even Ryan is telling dude to ease up on the white supremacy.

Amazing :smh:
Still a f-boy for this statement

"President (Barack) Obama does not have the authority to do what he did ... we've made that very clear," Ryan said in the radio interview. "Having said all of that, there are people who are in limbo. These are kids who know no other country, who were brought here by their parents and don't know another home. And so I really do believe there that there needs to be a legislative solution."

God I hate Paul Ryan

Mannnnnnn wtf. I was about to cop one. What these fools expect me to do, use a blender like a normal person. :smh:

Overpriced or unnecessary kitchen gadgets are a Libby staple.

Let me go Sous Vide some chicken, then finish it off in my Phillips Air Fyer. I can use my vegetable steamer, and Electric Pressure cooker to make some sides. To drink, I can pour me a cold grapefruit and elderflower summer shandy out of my Fizzics.

Last edited:
Mannnnnnn wtf. I was about to cop one. What these fools expect me to do, use a blender like a normal person. :smh:

Overpriced or unnecessary kitchen gadgets are a Libby staple.

Let me go Sous Vide some chicken, then finish it off in my Phillips Air Fyer. I can use my vegetable steamer, and Electric Pressure cooker to make some sides. To drink, I can pour me a cold grapefruit and elderflower summer shandy out of my Fizzics.

psshh, you're doing it all wrong. I have all these gadgets in my kitchen, and more. It's beautiful. And when it's time to eat, I do what any good kale-loving libbie does. I walk on down to Whole Foods and buy me food from the vast selection of ready-made warm meals that they sell. :pimp:

kale salad? they got it. avocado toast? all you can eat (and afford). fresh-squeezed juice? only $6.99 for a glass.

Back
Top Bottom