***Official Political Discussion Thread***

well peep this...im getting warmer on da trail

http://web.archive.org/web/20040627142700/eastandard.net/headlines/news26060403.htm

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate
Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

Ryan’s campaign began to crumble on Monday following the release of embarrassing records from his divorce. In the records, his ex-wife, Boston Public actress Jeri Ryan, said her former husband took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans.

nh-obama.jpg

Barrack Obama
"It’s clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan, 44, said in a statement. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign – the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."

Although Ryan disputed the allegations, saying he and his wife went to one ‘avant-garde’ club in Paris and left because they felt uncomfortable, lashed out at the media and said it was "truly outrageous" that the Chicago Tribune got a judge to unseal the records.

The Republican choice will become an instant underdog in the campaign for the seat of retiring Republican Senator Peter Fitzgerald, since Obama held a wide lead even before the scandal broke.

"I feel for him actually," Obama told a Chicago TV station. "What he’s gone through over the last three days I think is something you wouldn’t wish on anybody."

The Republican state committee must now choose a replacement for Ryan, who had won in the primaries against seven contenders. Its task is complicated by the fact that Obama holds a comfortable lead in the polls and is widely regarded as a rising Democratic star.

The chairwoman of the Illinois Republican Party, Judy Topinka, said at a news conference, after Ryan withdrew, that Republicans would probably take several weeks to settle on a new candidate.

"Obviously, this is a bad week for our party and our state," she said.

As recently as Thursday, spokesmen for the Ryan campaign still insisted that Ryan would remain in the race. Ryan had defended himself saying, "There’s no breaking of any laws. There’s no breaking of any marriage laws. There’s no breaking of the Ten Commandments anywhere."

—AP

da NPR link basically said this... still looking for it thou..

here's this for now.

There are some pretty striking questions, however, than can be drawn from this freshly uncovered information. First of all, why didn’t the media find and question this discrepancy during the 2008 presidential campaign? To me, it appears that Barack Obama was at best complacent with being publicized as having been born in Kenya. At worst, there’s enough evidence to at least consider that Barack Obama may have actually been promoting himself, at some point, as having been born in Kenya.

Why would he do such a thing?

Well, over the past few weeks, we’ve seen a story unfold in Massachusetts where U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren has been exposed for misrepresenting herself as having a significant Native American heritage. She admittedly did so for personal gain, and is suspected to have done so for professional gain in order to lend ethnically diverse bragging rights to the universities she’s served as a faculty member of.

It’s legitimate to at least ponder the notion that a young academic, and aspiring author might have concluded that publishers would take more notice of him if his background was more exotic and interesting than it actually was. In other words, a form of resume padding. I’m not drawing that conclusion by any means, but it’s a plausible theory and the evidence certainly warrants the question.

https://bernardgoldberg.com/what-obamas-literary-bio-says-about-the-media/

you can tell Barack let it rock till it wasn't convenient for him to anymore :lol:

i mean c'mon folks....a AP story? :lol:

Ninja his is nonsense and not proof of what you asserted. I don't know what the " :lol: " are for too. You are showing you have no evidence to back up your claim and being arrogant about it.

You basically post an opinion article from a blog as some sort of evidence too. That shows nothing but your own confirmation bias. If anything that essay is criticizing the media, not Obama. Plus, why is the onus on Obama to correct a small AP news story when he been so open about his background.

A number of people have incorrectly cited him being born in America, but most haven't. The first public profiles of him in NYT and other places accurately pointed to his place of birth btw.

In the late 1980s and early 90s there was info about Obama being out there. He wrote an autobiographical book in 1995 and went on a book tour properly citing his place of birth. He ran for Congress in 2000 and 2006 telling the truth.

You have provided no evidence that Obama let the lie stay out there, especially since there is video (which I have provided), multiple public appearances, a memoir, and a DNC speech where he never once misrepresents his place of birth.

This is like the David Duke situation. You pedaled a lie and got caught in a lie, just drop it dude. Geez

But I dunno, maybe Rex can play devil advocate for you again so you can pivot.

Late breaking news out of Washington............Word is Manafort has selected a hat for tomorrow's potential perp walk. He gonna go early 2000s pop star on folk, and break out the Von Dutch denim joint....

VOD01007_1,von-dutch,denim-von-dutch-cap-with-red-patch.jpg

Last edited:
Late breaking news out of Washington............Word is Manafort has selected a hat for tomorrow's potential perp walk. He gonna take it early 2000s pop star on folk and break out the Von Dutch denim joint....

VOD01007_1,von-dutch,denim-von-dutch-cap-with-red-patch.jpg

[Brian Williams] Also listed in the indictment was "Joe Millionaire," Ashton Kusher, The "Queer Eyes for the Straight Guys" crew and the entire Black Eyed peas. It was truly a rough day for early 2000's pop culture. We now turn to our Panel: David Frum of the Atlantic, our very own George Will and Eugene Robinson from the Washington Post...[/Brian Williams]

Back
Top Bottom