***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1hb4uhxeiqyz.jpg

Mugabe in his first public appearance since being moved out the paint......

promo335190401

:rofl: :rofl:

Dude is such a clown imo. He had a legit opportunity to build a well functioning nation and his power hungry *** squandered it.

Since the coup I have watching a lil more on the History of the Mugabe and watching some interviews. At times I laughed, other time was sad, and most of the time frustrated, I was also scared ****less.

When someone from Africa says Trump has tendencies of a dictator from the continent, from my limited knowledge I could see what they were saying. But it is really starting hearing Mugabe speak on the issues racing his country and realizing that his rhetoric was not far off from Trump. It really makes you realize that a few institutions and norms are the only thing probably keeping America from quickly disintegrating into more in line with an fake African "democracy".

It is extra scary to me that most of the country doesn't realize that Trump should have rightfully been impeached by now.

Last edited:
Mugabe in his first public appearance since being moved out the paint......

promo335190401

:rofl: :tollin

Dude is such a clown imo. He had a legit opportunity to build a well functioning nation and his power hungry *** squandered it.

Since the coup I have watching a lil more on the History of the Mugabe and watching some interviews. At times I laughed, other time was sad, and most of the time frustrated, I was also scared ****less.

When someone from Africa says Trump has tendencies of a dictator from the continent, from my limited knowledge I could see what they were saying. But it is really starting hearing Mugabe speak on the issues racing his country and realizing that his rhetoric was not far off from Trump. It really makes you realize that a few institutions and norms are the only thing probably keeping America from quickly disintegrating into more in line with an fake African "democracy".

It is extra scary to me that most of the country doesn't realize that Trump should have rightfully been impeached by now.

Dictators always ride the populist wave by painting themselves as the benevolent ones.

You should read about the "emperor" in Central African Republic (can't remember his name right now); that's the one who seems most similar to Trump IMO. His coronation ceremony was some comical stuff.

The important thing is to read about their background: most, if not all African dictators who came to power between the 1960s and the 80s had very little academic experience. Those who were gifted their countries after the colonial era were picked specifically because of their ties to the former colonial power AND because they weren't intellectuals. Other were military who rose through the ranks, but with educationally poor foundations. As a result, they were more likely to apply "common sense" solutions to complex problems and fire/jail/execute whoever was in charge when **** didn't work.
That's why I shake my head when Americans vote for the kind of people who propose "common sense" solutions.

I must be late but I'm glad Ryan Paul is not out of touch:

lol at the replies. not a single one supporting Ryan.

Can politicians be that out touch with reality? These are the people we elect to represent our best interest?

Cindy will still have to depend on financial welfare programs by the government. She will still live pay check to paycheck in the majority of cities in this country.

Politicians man.

How is that even a wage where you can "start saving for your future"? Possible student loans, rent, insurance, ...
You can save some money with that amount or even slightly less over here depending on your circumstances but our cost of living is far lower. My mom earns around €1200 to €1400 net per month as a nursing assistant and while it was generally enough to pay the bills, saving wasn't exactly an option. I wouldn't call my online income a real job but it did help us out significantly. I'd contribute several hundred euros per month and now €600/month. Now we can both increase our savings. There wasn't any debt though aside from repaying some large medical bills some years ago. Rent across the US seems like it's almost double of what I pay, let alone the insurance costs and possible debt etc. Is $30k/year even remotely close to an income for the average American where you can save money for the future?

On a serious note, the levels of DISRESPECT from this fool Ryan...he really thinks most Americans are no smarter than the average Trump supporter that would eat that crap upzz

I must be late but I'm glad Ryan Paul is not out of touch:

lol at the replies. not a single one supporting Ryan.

This tweet is what some people like call the "golden ratio", which is a tweet that has thousands of likes but few retweets and likes.

Is $30k/year even remotely close to an income for the average American where you can save money for the future?

$30K a year is barely enough for someone w/o kids in super rural, middle of nowhere America.
You're not saving any money off that. It all goes into surviving now, you aint got enough to think about the future.
And he's tryna say a single mother can do it with an extra $700 in her tax refund >D
That $700 is going to be used to pay overdue bills, not buy shares of a mutual fund.

Several big states have seen alarming drops in enrollment at teacher training programs. The numbers are grim among some of the nation's largest producers of new teachers: In California, enrollment is down 53 percent over the past five years. It's down sharply in New York and Texas as well.

In North Carolina, enrollment is down nearly 20 percent in three years.

"The erosion is steady. That's a steady downward line on a graph. And there's no sign that it's being turned around," says Bill McDiarmid, the dean of the University of North Carolina School of Education.

Why have the numbers fallen so far, so fast?

McDiarmid points to the strengthening U.S. economy and the erosion of teaching's image as a stable career. There's a growing sense, he says, that K-12 teachers simply have less control over their professional lives in an increasingly bitter, politicized environment.

The list of potential headaches for new teachers is long, starting with the ongoing, ideological fisticuffs over the Common Core State Standards, high-stakes testing and efforts to link test results to teacher evaluations. Throw in the erosion of tenure protections and a variety of recession-induced budget cuts, and you've got the makings of a crisis.

The job also has a PR problem, McDiarmid says, with teachers too often turned into scapegoats by politicians, policymakers, foundations and the media.

"It tears me up sometimes to see the way in which people talk about teachers because they are giving blood, sweat and tears for their students every day in this country. There is a sense now that, 'If I went into this job and it doesn't pay a lot and it's a lot of hard work, it may be that I'd lose it.' And students are hearing this. And it deters them from entering the profession."

These corrupt fools must think that everyone else is stupid as hell with the repeated attempts at insulting folks intelligence :lol:

At least he's admitting who's interests he serves...

Putin the finesse king.

There’s a small part of me that smirks at the wheeling and dealing he’s done. People using useful idiots to accomplish their goals while having plausible deniability always made me chuckle.

Horrible person though. **** Trump. Lavar 2020

Back
Top Bottom