***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Who does this guy think he is?
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-highlight-his-name-on-epa-memorabilia-report
Pruitt wanted to highlight his name on EPA memorabilia: report
Administrator Scott Pruitt reportedly pushed last year for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to redesign its official memorabilia in ways emphasizing his name, and in some cases removing the agency's logo.
The embattled EPA chief wanted the agency's "challenge coin," a commemorative medal used as a sign of one's allegiance, to increase in size, bear his name in large letters around the rim and do away with the EPA logo featured on the current design, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Pruitt's ideas for a redesign, which he floated to EPA employees during his first few months in office, sough to include symbols that represent himself, including a buffalo to denote his home state of Oklahoma and a Bible verse to represent his faith, according to The Times.

The former state attorney general reportedly told aides that the agency's logo, a green flower with leaves, looked too much like a marijuana plant.

“These coins represent the agency,” said Ronald Slotkin, who served as the director of the EPA’s multimedia office until earlier this year. “But Pruitt wanted his coin to be bigger than everyone else’s and he wanted it in a way that represented him.”

Pruitt also wanted to remove the EPA seal from memorabilia including leather-bound notebooks and fountain pins, with his name to be featured more prominently.

EPA officials feared the changes would be too expensive, and that the removal of the EPA logo would be a breach of protocol.

An EPA spokesman told The Times that the agency never ordered redesigned coins.

Once only given to top-performing military service members, other government agencies and the office of the president have taken to issuing the "challenge coins" as keepsakes. Lisa P. Jackson, the first EPA administrator under President Obama, designed the agency's current design.

President Trump also took personal interest in redesigning his administration's edition of the coin, which is significantly larger than its predecessors and did away with the presidential seal in favor of an image of the White House. And instead of bearing the nation's motto "E Pluribus Unum," Trump's coin has his campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again."

Interior Secretary Zinke has also added a personal touch to the department's coin, with those issued last year stamped with his name.

Pruitt is currently battling a number of scandals over his leadership at EPA, with many related to controversial travel and living expenses.

Even mr. Benghazi is looking into him and has made a new move in his probe.
https://www.axios.com/trey-gowdy-de...668-8ee0-f0a429779a9e.html?utm_source=sidebar
Trey Gowdy demands EPA hand over more records on Pruitt's travel

Last edited:
286t2v.jpg

Dear Paul mother ******* Ryan.

I have been waiting for this day,

I've been waiting for this day for a long *** time, and it has been a long time coming, but it seems no matter how hard you run, no matter how tightly you close your eyes at night, the fate of those who make deals with Donald Trump, arrives all the same.

Before sitting down I've wondered how would I approach this, would I detail your rise to prominence starting as an embryo gestating in some Heritage Foundation test tube? Maybe start with you as a toddler suckling, at the sagging, liver spotted tit of a Koch brother? Or maybe begin with your rise to prominence in the senate, lying about running a sub 3 marathon, duping gullible reporters, and pretending to care about the deficit.

but then it struck me, to COMPLETELY detail the downfall of someone so uniquely cowardly, to explain the all consuming void that exits where Paul Ryan's testicles should be, to understand a human being so spineless but yet hasn't collapsed under the weight of his own cowardice...In order to understand this man I need to go back to the source,

and I need to rely on an ancient and powerful text, a text with historical significance and moral weight...and use that as my framework.

So I thought maybe I should go back to the Greek philosophers, perhaps, Aristotle's "Poetics"? Or maybe "A Treatise of Human Nature" David Hume? or Immanuel Kant's "Critique of Judgment"...no no no I said to my self, for some one like Paul Ryan I need to refer to a TRULY timeless text.

So Paul Ryan I present to you,

Your life/downfall illustrated in quotes from Jay-Z's "The Takeover"

"I know you missing all the, faaaaaaaaaaame!
But along with celebrity comes bout seventy shots to your brain"

Paul misses his old identity, bright eyed, bushy tailed, young principled conservative policy wonk. "Had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage"

Paul Ryan's primary skill was duping hapless reporters, into believing his self created personal myth. A Reformacon, the policy wonk, canary in the coal mine, warning of an impending debt crisis. America will soon become Greece he cried! "Our current debt levels are unsustainable!" he lamented. The DC press ate it up. Paul was a young, clean looking and not an overtly racist, disgusting homnculous like so many in the republican party were at that time.

but as time passed we learned that what Paul Ryan SAYS has little relation to what he DOES.

DaiQP-rW0AU-t_n.jpg:large

But a funny thing happened...no one noticed.

He continued to make deficit busting votes and kept his reputation as a principled conservative a humble policy wonk...until he made a deal with Trump.

The ONE good thing Trump has done is use his celebrity to expose eels like Paul Ryan to public scrutiny. Trump's celebrity finally brought scrutiny to Paul Ryan's endless mounds of ******** to and end and shattered his political image.

Suddenly reporters were asking why he wasn't worried about deficit? Suddenly people wanted to know why the "compassionate conservative" thought taking healthcare away from poor and sick people was a good idea? Paul Ryan didn't have answers to this because all of that was ********, a fraud made to dupe the gullible.

but with celebrity comes attention and attention brings scrutiny and in the words of Jay-z, bout 70 shots to your brain and now the approval rating of the congress he presides over now sits at 12%,

"That's why you a, laaaaaaame! Career come to an end
There's only so long fake thugs can pretend"

Then Paul Ryan switched up, he came up with a new idea to feed to centrist reporters eager to "hear both sides". Paul Ryan was a "compassionate conservative" (more on this later) he wanted to be the new Jack Kemp. Paul Ryan cares about the poor, the underclass! He cares about immigrants, he wants to use conservative ideas to help people...not just mindlessly cut taxes. "You scribbled in your notepad and created your life"

But then the GOP elected a, demagogic racist bully and what did Paul Ryan do? Did he stand on principle? Did he fight back against bigotry? Did he champion the underclass in an administration filled with girfters, idiots, and crooks?

Nah, he as quickly as ruthlessly as possible passed the biggest tax cut for rich people as possible, and got the **** outta dodge. A basic smash and grab, only so long fake compassionate conservatives can pretend.

and he proved the worst leftist charactures of republicans are true In the end it will ALWAYS be about cutting taxes for the rich.

And that's so, laaaaaaaaame! ***** switch up your flow
Your **** is garbage, but you try and kick knowledge?

But ultimately the best thing about all of this is Paul Ryan's identity as genius policy wonk obsessed with the details was finally and mercilessly shattered.

Paul Ryan has been obsessed with like 4 things seed he oozed out from that Heritage Foundation test tube.

Privatizing Medicare
Privatizing Social Security.
Cutting Welfare/food stamps
Getting Rid of Obamacare
Tax cuts for the rich.

And he compromised all his principles and made a deal with a sagging, mentally deteriorating, lead poisoned racist sack of lard in order to get it done.

and what did he get out of it?

Lil homie got 1 outta of five, and abandoned the rest.

In fact the one that he got is basically the BARE MINIMUM for any republican majority since it's the ******** animating principle of ******* party. and the rest? He passed a nonsensical healthcare bill that basically had to be complete rewritten in the senate and might be the worst polling piece of prospective legislation ever to make it out the house and he's not even going to try for the rest. It turns out that almost nobody who votes for republicans sans a few oil oligarchs and koch brothers actually likes Paul Ryan policies, they mostly like racial resentment and triggering "libtards" "So yeah I sampled your voice, you was using it wrong" but Paul Ryan didn't even make it a hot line, Trump took that **** added some racial grievance and made it a hot *** song for like 47% of the country.

PAUL RYANS **** GARBAGE. and what ever knowledge he claimed has been proven useless given his inability to get anything done.

Say what you want about Nancy Pelosi, people don't like her, people think she should leave, shes a liability in tough districts. NANCY GETS **** DONE, she presided over one of the most productive congresses in history and raises a boat load of money for the party. Paul Ryan just talks a good game and takes massive L's.,

"You are not deep, you made your bed, now sleep"

well We've reached the end, your cowardice is exposed, and rather than facing the prospect of a blue wave, losing your speaker ship and possibly even losing your election or getting primaried by a nazi you are fleeing the scene like a rat on a sinking ship. I tried to warn you and for the rest of y'all making deals with trump, in the words of Jay "I'll give y'all half a bar".

YOU WILL BE LEFT BROKEN AND HUMILIATED

I want to point something out about Zuck.

Out of all high profile tech billionaires (Gates not included), I think he is one of the few that genuinely wants to help people. Like if you asked him about every single marginalized group in America, I think you will find real concern, and a desire for their lives to improve.

BUT...

He is completely obvious about how genuine change must happen. Zuck like most rich left-leaning libertarians what change at no cost to their businesses. Regulate others not them, don't reform systems at a cost to me, just wait until some cool new invention "changes" everything, don't help workers I need power or them, don't tell me what to do with the data I farm I need to leverage it for profit, don't question my morals when I give money to bigots/sexist/white supremacist/etc., because I need their ear in case they win.

They don't want justice, they just want a more decent society.

Last edited:
Dear Paul mother ****ing Ryan.

I have been waiting for this day,

I've been waiting for this day for a long *** time, and it has been a long time coming, but it seems no matter how hard you run, no matter how tightly you close your eyes at night, the fate of those who make deals with Donald Trump, arrives all the same.

Before sitting down I've wondered how would I approach this, would I detail your rise to prominence starting as an embryo gestating in some Heritage Foundation test tube? Maybe start with you as a toddler suckling, at the sagging, liver spotted tit of a Koch brother? Or maybe begin with your rise to prominence in the senate, lying about running a sub 3 marathon, duping gullible reporters, and pretending to care about the deficit.

but then it struck me, to COMPLETELY detail the downfall of someone so uniquely cowardly, to explain the all consuming void that exits where Paul Ryan's testicles should be, to understand a human being so spineless but yet hasn't collapsed under the weight of his own cowardice...In order to understand this man I need to go back to the source,

and I need to rely on an ancient and powerful text, a text with historical significance and moral weight...and use that as my framework.

So I thought maybe I should go back to the Greek philosophers, perhaps, Aristotle's "Poetics"? Or maybe "A Treatise of Human Nature" David Hume? or Immanuel Kant's "Critique of Judgment"...no no no I said to my self, for some one like Paul Ryan I need to refer to a TRULY timeless text.

So Paul Ryan I present to you,

Your life/downfall illustrated in quotes from Jay-Z's "The Takeover"

"I know you missing all the, faaaaaaaaaaame!
But along with celebrity comes bout seventy shots to your brain"

Paul misses his old identity, bright eyed, bushy tailed, young principled conservative policy wonk. "Had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage"

Paul Ryan's primary skill was duping hapless reporters, into believing his self created personal myth. A Reformacon, the policy wonk, canary in the coal mine, warning of an impending debt crisis. America will soon become Greece he cried! "Our current debt levels are unsustainable!" he lamented. The DC press ate it up. Paul was a young, clean looking and not an overtly racist, disgusting homnculous like so many in the republican party were at that time.

but as time passed we learned that what Paul Ryan SAYS has little relation to what he DOES.

DaiQP-rW0AU-t_n.jpg:large

But a funny thing happened...no one noticed.

He continued to make deficit busting votes and kept his reputation as a principled conservative a humble policy wonk...until he made a deal with Trump.

The ONE good thing Trump has done is use his celebrity to expose eels like Paul Ryan to public scrutiny. Trump's celebrity finally brought scrutiny to Paul Ryan's endless mounds of bull**** to and end and shattered his political image.

Suddenly reporters were asking why he wasn't worried about deficit? Suddenly people wanted to know why the "compassionate conservative" thought taking healthcare away from poor and sick people was a good idea? Paul Ryan didn't have answers to this because all of that was bull****, a fraud made to dupe the gullible.

but with celebrity comes attention and attention brings scrutiny and in the words of Jay-z, bout 70 shots to your brain and now the approval rating of the congress he presides over now sits at 12%,

"That's why you a, laaaaaaame! Career come to an end
There's only so long fake thugs can pretend"

Then Paul Ryan switched up, he came up with a new idea to feed to centrist reporters eager to "hear both sides". Paul Ryan was a "compassionate conservative" (more on this later) he wanted to be the new Jack Kemp. Paul Ryan cares about the poor, the underclass! He cares about immigrants, he wants to use conservative ideas to help people...not just mindlessly cut taxes. "You scribbled in your notepad and created your life"

But then the GOP elected a, demagogic racist bully and what did Paul Ryan do? Did he stand on principle? Did he fight back against bigotry? Did he champion the underclass in an administration filled with girfters, idiots, and crooks?

Nah, he as quickly as ruthlessly as possible passed the biggest tax cut for rich people as possible, and got the **** outta dodge. A basic smash and grab, only so long fake compassionate conservatives can pretend.

and he proved the worst leftist charactures of republicans are true In the end it will ALWAYS be about cutting taxes for the rich.

And that's so, laaaaaaaaame! ***** switch up your flow
Your **** is garbage, but you try and kick knowledge?

But ultimately the best thing about all of this is Paul Ryan's identity as genius policy wonk obsessed with the details was finally and mercilessly shattered.

Paul Ryan has been obsessed with like 4 things seed he oozed out from that Heritage Foundation test tube.

Privatizing Medicare
Privatizing Social Security.
Cutting Welfare/food stamps
Getting Rid of Obamacare
Tax cuts for the rich.

And he compromised all his principles and made a deal with a sagging, mentally deteriorating, lead poisoned racist sack of lard in order to get it done.

and what did he get out of it?

Lil homie got 1 outta of five, and abandoned the rest.

In fact the one that he got is basically the BARE MINIMUM for any republican majority since it's the bull**** animating principle of ****ing party. and the rest? He passed a nonsensical healthcare bill that basically had to be complete rewritten in the senate and might be the worst polling piece of prospective legislation ever to make it out the house and he's not even going to try for the rest. It turns out that almost nobody who votes for republicans sans a few oil oligarchs and koch brothers actually likes Paul Ryan policies, they mostly like racial resentment and triggering "libtards" "So yeah I sampled your voice, you was using it wrong" but Paul Ryan didn't even make it a hot line, Trump took that **** added some racial grievance and made it a hot *** song for like 47% of the country.

PAUL RYANS **** GARBAGE. and what ever knowledge he claimed has been proven useless given his inability to get anything done.

Say what you want about Nancy Pelosi, people don't like her, people think she should leave, shes a liability in tough districts. NANCY GETS **** DONE, she presided over one of the most productive congresses in history and raises a boat load of money for the party. Paul Ryan just talks a good game and takes massive L's.,

"You are not deep, you made your bed, now sleep"

well We've reached the end, your cowardice is exposed, and rather than facing the prospect of a blue wave, losing your speaker ship and possibly even losing your election or getting primaried by a nazi you are fleeing the scene like a rat on a sinking ship. I tried to warn you and for the rest of y'all making deals with trump, in the words of Jay "I'll give y'all half a bar".

YOU WILL BE LEFT BROKEN AND HUMILIATED

Good grief famb, the man got kids.

Even the sleaziest of all, Roger Stone, is warning Trump against firing Mueller. But not Bannon apparently, he reportedly wants to cripple the probe with an aggressive approach.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.aaf181775c92
Bannon pitches White House on plan to cripple Mueller probe and protect Trump
Stephen K. Bannon, who was ousted as White House chief strategist last summer but has remained in touch with some members of President Trump’s circle, is pitching a plan to West Wing aides and congressional allies to cripple the federal probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to four people familiar with the discussions.

The first step, these people say, would be for Trump to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who oversees the work of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and in recent days signed off on a search warrant of Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.

Bannon is also recommending the White House cease its cooperation with Mueller, reversing the policy of Trump’s legal team to provide information to the special counsel’s team and to allow staff members to sit for interviews.

And he is telling associates inside and outside the administration that the president should create a new legal battleground to protect himself from the investigation by asserting executive privilege — and arguing that Mueller’s interviews with White House officials over the past year should now be null and void.

“The president wasn’t fully briefed by his lawyers on the implications” of not invoking executive privilege, Bannon told The Washington Post in an interview Wednesday. “It was a strategic mistake to turn over everything without due process, and executive privilege should be exerted immediately and retroactively.”

There is no indication that Trump, who forced out Bannon and later said his former adviser had “lost his mind” after leaving the West Wing, would be willing to take Bannon’s advice or is aware of the plan. Several Trump aides also remain skeptical of the former strategist’s attempt to insert himself into the president’s decision-making process.

“If you say his name in front of the president, it’s not a pretty sight,” said a senior administration official. “The president really goes off about him.”

Nonetheless, Bannon’s efforts signify the growing pressure from an influential wing of Trump’s political base to thwart Mueller, who, many Trump allies believe, presents an existential legal and political threat to his presidency.

Trump boosters in Congress are preparing to take legislative action against Rosenstein and other Justice officials over the disclosure of documents related to the Russia investigation. That push is seen by Bannon and others in the White House as a cause that could prompt Trump to act and shift much of the Russia investigation to Capitol Hill, where Republicans control both chambers.

Trump remains furious with the Mueller probe, which on Wednesday he blasted on Twitter as “never ending and corrupt.” He has also considered firing Rosenstein, whom he has criticized for approving surveillance applications of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, which extended a warrant that partly relied on information that was funded in a roundabout way by Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.

Bannon and his allies sense that Trump simply needs a nudge to fire Rosenstein, according to the people familiar with Bannon’s discussions. They said Trump has recently told friends and aides that he is willing to engage in political warfare in the coming months to stop his presidency from being consumed by the investigation.

Bannon’s conversations, including a meeting Tuesday night between the former strategist and Trump confidants, have so far remained through back channels.

The 64-year-old strategist has huddled in recent days — at his Capitol Hill townhouse, a Washington hotel and over the phone — with a handful of White House aides, GOP lawmakers and conservative media figures who speak frequently with Trump, according to people involved, who spoke to The Post on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations.

Bannon’s standing within Trump’s orbit is tenuous. In January, lawyers for Trump accused Bannon of breaking a confidentiality agreement by making critical comments about Trump and his family in “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” by Michael Wolff.

Ever since, Bannon has seen his domestic political operation — which was focused on the 2018 midterm elections — fizzle, and his attention has turned abroad to boosting far-right nationalist candidates in Europe, giving speeches and promoting his hard-line views on global affairs. Amid all of that activity, he has regularly spoken with White House officials and lawmakers about Trump and offered informal guidance on issues such as trade and the Russia investigation.

Bannon, who has been interviewed extensively by Mueller’s team, remains sensitive about directly approaching Trump with his call to fire Rosenstein and curb Justice’s grip over the Russia probe, the people added, noting that federal investigators could raise questions about such exchanges.

Some top Trump advisers, such as White House counsel Donald McGahn, are said to be alarmed by the suggestions to fire Rosenstein or Mueller, worrying that such moves could prompt mass resignations at Justice and a constitutional crisis, the people said. McGahn, who in the past has threatened to step down if the president fired Mueller, is widely seen within the West Wing as liable to resign if Rosenstein is fired.

“A guy leaning on a mop over at the Justice Department may be the guy who ends up firing Mueller,” one person said.

Asked Wednesday afternoon whether Trump would be pushing out Rosenstein, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, “I don’t have any personnel announcements.” But she offered no words of support for Rosenstein, signaling that the deputy attorney general’s job may be in jeopardy. Later Wednesday, a White House spokesman pointed to Huckabee Sanders’s news conference when asked for comment about Bannon.

Legal experts are dubious about Bannon’s idea that the White House could suddenly claim executive privilege on interviews that were given voluntarily by officials and be able to exclude them from an investigation that is partly reliant on those interviews. But Bannon believes Trump can argue he was given poor counsel by his lawyers on Russia, including Ty Cobb, who has encouraged a cooperative approach to Mueller’s team.

“Ty Cobb should be fired immediately,” Bannon said.

Cobb declined to comment.

The case against Rosenstein has featured prominently in the closed-door discussions among Bannon and other figures on the right, with Bannon arguing that voters in the GOP base will stick by the president if he removes Rosenstein despite protests from Republican leaders and many others.

Rosenstein’s approval of the Cohen warrant, which led to raids Monday on Cohen’s home and office, has angered Trump and prompted him to vent over the past day about Rosenstein being “out of control,” one Republican lawmaker said.

If Rosenstein were fired, his replacement could reel in the authority that Mueller was granted last year and set new parameters for the scope of the Russia investigation, according to Louis Seidman, a constitutional-law professor at Georgetown University.

“Depending on how aggressive this person wanted to be, they could dismiss the criminal cases, they could get rid of the grand jury,” Seidman said. “In the end, if Trump is determined, the people he appoints could shut it down.”

For Bannon, this hostility to Mueller represents an evolution. A year ago, he opposed the firing of then-FBI Director James B. Comey and recommended a hands-off approach to the Russia investigation and Justice.

“I have the upmost respect for Bob Mueller and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, but the developments over the past two weeks make it the right time to shift the center of gravity of this back to Capitol Hill,” Bannon said. “Make the Republican Party own this, force them to have his back.”

Last edited:
BTW, while Paul Ryan being a deficit hawk should be complete BS by now as Osh pointed out. Matthew Yglesias put me on to something I didn't know about him.

During the Social Security debate, Paul co-sponsored a bill that would have privatized Social Security, and add 2.4 trillion to the national debt.

To put that into perspective, no significant piece of legislation in recent history, not the ACA, not the Obama Stimulus, not even the OG progressive version of those bills were ever going to get that high as a bill Paul Ryan backed.

But he will stand in front of people and say we can't afford to help the poor get food, the sick get medical care, or for young people to get an affordable education.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/11/17223942/house-speaker-paul-ryan-fraud

Ryan joined Congress in 1998 but first really made his mark during the Social Security privatization wars of 2004-’05.

The basic idea here was that George W. Bush’s administration wanted to use the program’s long-term fiscal deficit as a pretext to alter its fundamental structure away from a guarantee of a decent standard of living in retirement to one where individuals would be reliant on private investment accounts. Ryan emerged as a player by sponsoring, along with then-Sen. John Sununu, a further-right plan that would create more generous private accounts at the cost of $2.4 trillion in larger deficits over the first 10 years. Indeed, as the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities noted at the time, “the plan would increase the national debt (i.e., the debt held by the public) every year for at least the next 75 years.”

I hope Krugman writes a new piece exposing how much of an idiot Ryan was on actual policy. So between Ygelesia's, and Osh, the slander cypher can be complete.

But Osh's takes the place of the best Ryan slander from Krugman's slander from 8 years ago....

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/06/opinion/06krugman.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom