***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yikes,apparently they were mercenaries but still how's that for escalation...

Pompeo's been getting a lot of his chest before leaving the WH,he also confirmed that he's spoken to Mueller and is cooperating with the special counsel investigation

Apparently Pompeo is certified OG, confirms a shout-out to his killers.

8q1xWKn.gif

With fascism on the rise again, statistics like these are quite troubling

and yet, not all that surprising

considering the rate that we currently forget mass shootings and/or sweep them under the rug.. and you got jacka@**# like this dude making up conspiracy theories and someone still got folk tuning in:

alex-jones-red.png

Definitely not surprising. Would expect that a lot of Americans/millenials don't even know American history accurately.
Well there is a concerted effort by a select group of people in this country to obfuscate the history of white supremacy in this nation.
And when you have a nation built on white supremacy it is inevitable that the history of the nation as a whole will be purposefully muddled for some.

I'm only here because my presence is mandatory b, **** y'all and your questions.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...im-required-to-be-here-but-not-to-answer-your
Mulvaney in Senate testimony: I'm required to be here, but not to answer your questions
Mick Mulvaney, the acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), told a Senate panel on Thursday that he's not legally bound to answer lawmakers' questions, only to appear before them, in comments meant to stress his agency's independence.

"While I have to be here by statute, I don't think I have to answer your questions," Mulvaney told the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. "If you take a look at the actual statute that requires me to be here, it says that I 'shall appear' before the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs of the Senate. And I'm here and I'm happy to do it."

"I want to make it clear, I'm going to answer every question that I can today. I'm not using this as an excuse not to answer your questions."
Mulvaney, who concurrently serves as the White House budget director, made a similar remark on Wednesday during an appearance before the House Financial Services Committee, when he said that "it would be my statutory right to just sit here and twiddle my thumbs while you all ask questions."

Mulvaney, who has long been critical of the CFPB, was trying to make a point about the independent status of the agency, which he has, at times, cast as rogue and in need of more aggressive congressional oversight.

He took over as the bureau's acting director in November, after its first chief, Richard Cordray, stepped down. Cordray is now a Democratic candidate for governor of Ohio.

Earlier this month, Mulvaney asked lawmakers to dramatically weaken his agency's power, calling for changes that include Congress taking control of the CFPB's budget and giving the president the ability to fire its director.

“The Bureau is far too powerful, and with precious little oversight of its activities,” wrote Mulvaney, who as a congressman had opposed the CFPB’s existence.

Back
Top Bottom