***Official Political Discussion Thread***

LOL. Bless your heart.

Oh my god What an own

I have seen the light. I’m now seeing things your way.

Poor folk don’t have to die, they’re just a blue wave and a refundable tax credit for community college coding classes away from prosperity.

Meanwhile, we’re just a dozen more breathless MSNBC segments about Russia away from having Trust fund Becky in the ‘burbs deciding to Pokémon GO! to the polls and supporting the blue wave. Rich white women may feel intimidated and call 911 when they see an episode of blackish on their TV but when they learn that Dems called Trump a traitor, they’ll come around.

Ya see, insane leftist causes like clean drinking water, access to affordable dental care and the ability for warehouse employees to have a bathroom break drive away wealthy wine moms in suburban America. Only our visibility support for trustworthy and venerable institutions and values like civility, the CIA, the FBI and CNN Airport edition can sway our precious and only swing demographic of millionaire MILFs who have wooden signs that say “laugh, live & love” around their McMansions.

I’m quiting the DSA and from now on my activism will be stalking conservatives on Twitter and hitting them with “sir, have you no decency?” We’ll have our blue wave and restore America to the wonderful, inclusive and equitable place it was from 1776 to 2016!

'nothingburgers' fam

Only the juiciest nothingburgers

lOgEz6.gif

Oh my god What an own

I have seen the light. I’m now seeing things your way.

Poor folk don’t have to die, they’re just a blue wave and a refundable tax credit for community college coding classes away from prosperity.

Meanwhile, we’re just a dozen more breathless MSNBC segments about Russia away from having Trust fund Becky in the ‘burbs deciding to Pokémon GO! to the polls and supporting the blue wave. Rich white women may feel intimidated and call 911 when they see an episode of blackish on their TV but when they learn that Dems called Trump a traitor, they’ll come around.

Ya see, insane leftist causes like clean drinking water, access to affordable dental care and the ability for warehouse employees to have a bathroom break drive away wealthy wine moms in suburban America. Only our visibility support for trustworthy and venerable institutions and values like civility, the CIA, the FBI and CNN Airport edition can sway our precious and only swing demographic of millionaire MILFs who have wooden signs that say “laugh, live & love” around their McMansions.

I’m quiting the DSA and from now on my activism will be stalking conservatives on Twitter and hitting them with “sir, have you no decency?” We’ll have our blue wave and restore America to the wonderful, inclusive and equitable place it was from 1776 to 2016!
You do doing too much famb

Last edited:
That's good enough for me champ. Just goes to show that anyone can make a change for the better..........even a person of your caliber champ. Bless you.

I’m on board, let’s start a podcast called “star spangled civility,” you, me, James Carvill and Joe Lieberman can review episodes of the West Wing and talk about how that show’s ideals can help us to resist Drumpf’s bad manners!

:lol::lol:

It really has to suck to be sitting in prison, seeing your dirt put on front street.

*shrugs*

Oh well. No sympathy from me for Manafort. Chickens coming home to roost.

I can understand a lot of things but I will never be able to make sense of c***olding

And all it took was a couple Ivanka trademarks and a $500m investment in an Indonesian theme park project where Trump is also building a hotel and golf course. While Trump pulls out of the Iran deal and threatens to sanction European allies for upholding the deal and doing business with Iran, he also personally intervened to suddenly reverse the US’ stance on ZTE.
The company was blocked from the US market by the Trump administration because the company was illegally dealing with Iran and North Korea.
ZTE has also been described as a national security threat by Trump-appointed FBI director Wray. The Senate passed a defense bill in an 85-10 vote with an amendment attached to block ZTE from doing business in the US but the House is still debating on whether the amendment will remain in the reconciled version of the bill.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/13/zte-trump-business-us-719205
Trump administration lets Chinese telecom giant ZTE back in business in U.S.
Chinese telecom giant ZTE is no longer subject as of Friday to the Trump administration’s April denial order banning it from U.S. operations for seven years.
The department lifted the ban on ZTE today after the company put $400 million in escrow, to be drawn by the U.S. if it violates a June agreement with Commerce

Update: This report from today should not be lost in the wave of news released today. As mentioned in a previous post quoted above, the Senate passed a 'must-pass' defense bill with an amendment attached to it that would effectively block ZTE's ability to do business in the US. The bill was passed by the Senate in an 85-10 vote. Senator Tom Cotton of all people was one of the co-authors of the amendment.
But surprise surprise, Republicans removed it. Looks like China's $500 million and some Ivanka trademarks paid off well.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...leave-trump-s-deal-with-china-s-zte-untouched
Congress to Leave Trump’s Deal With China’s ZTE Untouched
U.S. lawmakers will allow President Donald Trump’s deal with China’s ZTE Corp. to remain in place, agreeing to a key Chinese demand in the broader trade dispute between the two largest economies, three sources familiar with the matter said.

Negotiators from the Senate and House of Representatives late Thursday agreed to abandon efforts to reinstate harsher sanctions against the Chinese telecommunications-equipment maker as part of the defense policy bill, the people said. Both chambers are expected to vote on the National Defense Authorization Act next week.

Draft language advanced in the House earlier this year focused on a procurement ban for ZTE products, whereas the Senate approved language that would reinstate the sales ban for U.S. companies to sell to ZTE. The White House strongly opposed any efforts by Congress to block its deal for ZTE to resume business.

ZTE Ban
The Trump administration in April announced a seven-year ban on U.S. exports to ZTE after it said the company violated sanctions agreements by selling American technology to Iran and North Korea. The move forced ZTE to announce it was shutting down.

Trump reversed course in May, saying he was reconsidering penalties on ZTE as a personal favor to Chinese President Xi Jinping. Later that month, his administration announced it would allow the company to stay in business after paying a new fine, changing its management and providing “high-level security guarantees.”

Following through on the promise, the Commerce Department last week lifted a ban on American firms selling products to ZTE after the company paid the final tranche of a $1.4 billion penalty by placing $400 million in escrow at a U.S. bank. Congresspeople from both parties had blasted the Trump administration for helping ZTE.

Republican Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, a national security hawk who was pushing for the sales ban to remain in place, said a Congressional deal on legislation to tighten restrictions on foreign investment into the U.S. came at the cost of backing down on ZTE.

Late Tuesday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Republican lawmakers reached a deal to bolster the existing review process for the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S., or Cfius, an inter-agency panel that examines foreign investment for security concerns. If the agreement holds, the legislation may be attached to the NDAA bill.

“This deal on #CFIUS is good news. The bad news? They had to cave on #ZTE in order to get it,” Rubio said Friday on Twitter. “So chances that a #China controlled telecomm will not just stay in business, but do so here inside the U.S. sadly just went up. #BadTradeoff.”

Senator Chris Van Hollen, a Maryland Democrat, who sponsored the original language to reinstate the sales ban on ZTE, said the final outcome is “weak and shameful.”

“Despite bipartisan support to put American national security before jobs in China, the Republican leadership refused to take any real, substantive action on ZTE,” Van Hollen said in a statement. “Instead, they joined President Trump in bowing to Beijing. It’s weak and shameful.”

China had demanded the ZTE issue be addressed by the Trump administration during high level trade talks in May and June to avert a trade war. Those talks have broken down and the conflict has since escalated as Trump administration slapped tariffs on $34 billion of Chinese goods, inviting retaliation from China. Trump on Friday threatened to impose duties on all Chinese imports to the U.S., which were valued at about $500 billion last year.

I must also note this excerpt separately for extra emphasis. The investigation into ZTE dates back a few years but it was actually the Trump administration that carried out the punishment that would have forced ZTE to shut down. That is of course until China invested $500m in a theme park in Indonesia where the Trump Org coincidentally is building a hotel and golf course. A number of Ivanka trademarks were also approved by China around the time Trump personally intervened to reverse his own administration's ZTE ban. Trump retains access to his business empire and while China's $500m was not invested directly into the Indonesian Trump Org projects, it would be hard to argue the Trump Org doesn't stand to benefit from large investments being pumped into the theme park where their hotel and golf course are being built. And where the Trump Org benefits, by extension the president does as well as he refused to fully divest and retains full access of his trust, allowing him to withdraw money at any time.

Excerpt:
The Trump administration in April announced a seven-year ban on U.S. exports to ZTE after it said the company violated sanctions agreements by selling American technology to Iran and North Korea. The move forced ZTE to announce it was shutting down.

It is imperative that people go out and vote. We have too many dummies in this country to whom you could sell their own clothes while they are wearing them.

That 40% support he has is real, and not only are those people committed, they have the power of vote-discouraging Repugnicants AND Russian intelligence services on their side.

https://thinkprogress.org/states-pu...-rolls-before-the-2016-election-1c5688dcaad7/

States purged more than 16 million voters from the rolls between 2014 and 2016. That number, calculated in a new report published Friday by the Brennan Center for Justice, is a significant increase from previous years and an indication that large numbers of eligible voters are likely being disenfranchised by inaccurate and unlawful voter roll maintenance

It is also funny to hear ex-military Trumpists handwave the entire Russia thing when they wouldnt let go of Clinton's emails, talmbout "Trump has a plan; he is so manipulative and soooo good at what he does"

Yeah, like declassifying code-word level info in front of Russian diplomats and meeting the main foe of the US behind closed doors.

You're the one being manipulated, dummy.

Back
Top Bottom