***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Didnt say this week but Stone mentioned Jr. as well
patrice.png

More 'civility'...

Is there a more powerful word for 'deplorable'?

“It certainly doesn’t bother me or the people I know close to John,” Weaver said. “I don’t think it bothers John one bit. If we heard something today or tomorrow from Trump, we know it’d mean less than a degree from Trump University.”

https://www.vox.com/mischiefs-of-faction/2018/8/26/17782102/race-dnc-superdelegates

Meanwhile, the Sanders supporters and other critics of superdelegates got a non-trivial symbolic victory, and Perez got the demonstration of unity he wanted. But it came at a cost. A lot of prominent African Americans in the party clearly felt side-lined and insulted.

In many ways, this comes back to what people believe was the reason for the party’s loss in 2016. For those who believe that the problem was a lack of unity and ongoing concerns about Hillary Clinton’s legitimacy as the nominee, this reform package should appear to help. For those who believe that the problem was insufficient enthusiasm from the party’s African-American voters and activists, this reform package may appear as harmful. The effect is largely symbolic, but symbols, particularly those related to identity, can be vital to keeping a party together and competitive

Again, if this is how Bernie and his peeps want to play it, he and his fans best not keep the same energy in 2020.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom