***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Again, this thread leans progressive partially because conservative poster constantly get banned.

Secondly, gun control is overwhelming popular with Americans. Even across party lines. Liberals views on gun control align more with the general public, so it is reflected in threads. Constant mass shootings piss people off and the response to them piss people off even more.

In other threads talking about women's and transgender rights, you see a more even split even a more of a conservative tilt on the issue. Even when it comes to economics discussions outside this thread, dudes on NT stay on some libertarian personal responsibility steez. So this assertion that liberals on NT just dog pile conservatives is simply not true. A ton of conservative viewpoints get posted on NT all the time.

NT and this thread leans liberal/progressive on aggregate, and does let racism fly. It is what it is. No one in here has to tolerate poor conservative arguments for the sake of moderation. If conservatives can't do that for themselves, it should bot be on other people to do it for them.

Basically, every thread involving jobs and investing are dominated by Mike Rowe and Dave Ramsey impersonators. Which only bolsters what other posters have hinted at; the people on this board, who want to articulate white supremacist talking points, come to this particular thread and launder their racism through conservative talking points and expect it to be tolerated in the name of open debate and the liberal ideal of tolerance for a variety of “political” views.

There are 3-4 people I can think of that.. if that is your standard, you should take a closer look into their post history

Simply responding to their stupidity doesn't make you a leftist or whatever other terms trump folks use for people who don't go full cult 45

Plus if you're defending trump and/or the NRA given everything that is happening, maybe you need to figure out who you're siding with and what exactly you're siding with
Yep

During the primary all of us were debating one another about stuff. You and I and huge arguments.

But once Bigot 45 started his ascent to power, everyone with morals, common decency, and enough mental capacity to see the scam, put all the smaller disagreements aside because there was a much larger problem to deal with.

Last edited:
Yep

During the primary all of us were debating one another about stuff. You and I and huge arguments.

But once Bigot 45 started his ascent to power, everyone with moral, decency, and enough capacity to see the scam, put all the smaller disagreements aside because there was a much larger problem to deal with.

Point blank. The current state of America is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Looks like Fox News isn’t having it with their lord and savior right now. After reading a couple stories seems like the problem is trump isn’t giving them the access they want to fill their news feeds all day

being republican means that you're racist bigot, no compassion, no common sesne?? (just asking in general)
is this all because of trump? would that had been said about republicans before him?
Did I mention a party? I intentionally strayed away from that. The fact that you thought that without being lead in should answer your question though.

I would say stick to something..

But I'd rather he keep trying at this sports thing.. same goes for @dwalk31 and Kellyanne

tenor.gif

What happen to Bipartisanship
jbhmmm.png

The problem is that moderate, middle-of-the-road politics now lands you as a far left progressive. Why? Because hard-line right wing politics is now the norm for Republicans.

The gun control debate is not between those asking for access to guns vs those asking to take away all guns. Instead it is usually between those who want unlimited access to weapons vs those who want limits on access to guns and federal funding to research guns as a public safety issue. However, extremists such as the NRA have painted their side as a moderate position when it is actually fairly extreme.

Trump and the party have done this to almost every issue, yet we still cling to this naive notion that both sides are the same.

We're not all in here clamoring for getting rid of gender and seizing property from the wealthy and nationalizing all companies. That would be extreme far left politics. Most of what we are discussing is fairly centrist and those that come in pretending to be moderate Independents or Republicans are in actuality fairly extreme on the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom