***Official Political Discussion Thread***

There is defacto impeachment investigations going on in the House.

Here is the thing. Impeachment is still unpopular with the public, even more unpopular in moderate districts, and moderate Dems don't want it to pull the trigger until they think they will not get political blowback. Progressives don't have to consider the political consequences.

Because impeaching Trump in the House is not gonna remove him from office, the political consequences have to be weighed, because unfortunately at the end of the day impeachment will be framed as a political play.

And the GOP transformation of our democracy will be complete and he won’t have to step down from office.

they have to at least try to do the right thing. Not doing so empowers him more every day and it will end with him publicly executing someone in Times Square just like he said he’d get away with.

That’s what I’m saying, real protests and action might be required for congress to change its mind

but we are complacent as a society

This "there's a tweet for everything" thing is getting absurd. We live in the matrix
dead.png

Last edited:
And the GOP transformation of our democracy will be complete and he won’t have to step down from office.

they have to at least try to do the right thing. Not doing so empowers him more every day and it will end with him publicly executing someone in Times Square just like he said he’d get away with.
Impeachment might be a political play, but it has to be done. I see it as the band of gravel that makes your car vibrate before you hit the highway barrier. Maybe it will wake enough folks up and the country will be redirected onto the road, maybe it won't. Not using it is simply giving Trump carte blanche to do anything he wants in the future and mock the weak Democrats in the process.

Impeachment might be a political play, but it has to be done. I see it as the band of gravel that makes your car vibrate before you hit the highway barrier. Maybe it will wake enough folks up and the country will be redirected onto the road, maybe it won't. Not using it is simply giving Trump carte blanche to do anything he wants in the future and mock the weak Democrats in the process.

Yes and no, you don’t want to play in his hand by saying that the Dems are strategically targeting trump. You want them to essentially give him a fair shot this way you don’t rev up some undecided people his way.

I like that Warren went to strike with the GM workers. While that class leaned heavily Trump, mostly because idiot Hilary complete ignored that class of people, they are still pretty swing. Now if she can get Obama and Michelle to help muster up the black vote for her and she should be okay to be a fair challenge.

I don't feel like the dems should coddle ppl that aren't and would never be a part of their base one min longer.
at what age do we understand the concept of right and wrong?
at what age do we start making decisions as far as whether or not we choose to go down a right path or a wrong path?
there is a long list...a litany of things that trump has done that are morally wrong and that undermine the so called democracy that we're supposed to have here in the u.s.
he should have been impeached or forcibly removed by now.
democrats voted for democrats to do democratic things.
why cater to a group of ppl that are openly supporting those that are committing treason?
when they would never ever vote for you or feel the way that you do?

to so called protect the country?

they don't care about the country.

to the republicans out there, take back your ****ing party. PLEASE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom