***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The most damning interaction in the whole Mueller report is the directive to Corey Lewandowski while making clear Sessions’ job was in jeopardy.

If Sessions complied with Trump’s directive, for which Trump bypassed the official line of communication and instructed a loyalist to secretly deliver it instead, Sessions would have ended Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference, the obstruction aspect and the investigation into all the Trump associates.

I recall asking Dwalk to provide a non-corrupt motive for ending the entire Special Counsel probe, including the investigation of Russian interference in 2016, but I don’t recall receiving an answer.

I answered. If you recall, I stated that it was likely due to inexperience.

It's amazing that the narrative of the dossier NEVER includes that it was originally funded by a conservative GOP member who was worried about Trump

Really good control of that line of talking the GOP has maintained
Masterful gish galloping. They throw so much **** on the wall, Democrats have to pick and choose what they need to address.

I answered. If you recall, I stated that it was likely due to inexperience.
Explain this stance further.

Shortly after learning he is personally under investigation for obstruction, he tries to fire Mueller without just cause. His aides repeatedly told him there was no just cause.

When that failed, he directed Sessions, via Lewandowski, to end all aspects of Mueller’s investigation.

Would you say it is fair that when you order the end of an investigation, the goal is in fact to end that investigation?

Realtalk:

Regardless of the results, how can someone still support and POSSIBLY vote to reelect this dude? Like... we all have our own political preferences but is he REALLY worth ALL this trouble to serve another 4 years?!

I’ve never felt this anxious ever in my life where it’s becoming unbearable and increasingly nauseating to learn about stories that he did this and that... while thinking how I’ll progress in this country without having the fear of being shot at.

And I don’t even have kids yet :lol:

concealing messages on a separate network?

full

Last edited:
Realtalk:

Regardless of the results, how can someone still support and POSSIBLY vote to reelect this dude? Like... we all have our own political preferences but is he REALLY worth ALL this trouble to serve another 4 years?!

I’ve never felt this anxious ever in my life where it’s becoming unbearable and increasingly nauseating to learn about stories that he did this and that... while thinking how I’ll progress in this country without having the fear of being shot at.

Cause white supremacy is a helluva drug, white elites wanna continue the scam,and broke bois with no morals need tax cuts

I’m just wanting to understand better...

so was Clinton a full impeachment (BOTH the Senate and House voted) or its still considered an impeachment even though the Senate acquitted him.

When I think of impeachment, I’m thinking of - removal from office. Is this not right?

The house impeaches which is the end of impeachment. Then another process starts which is the the senate deciding to remove from office. At some point in time it’s gotten conflated that impeachment = removed from office but that’s not the case. Someone has to be impeached to be potentially removed from office but someone doesn’t have to be removed from office to be impeached

edit my bad I see it was already explained

Explain this stance further.

Shortly after learning he is personally under investigation for obstruction, he tries to fire Mueller without just cause. His aides repeatedly told him there was no just cause.

When that failed, he directed Sessions, via Lewandowski, to end all aspects of Mueller’s investigation.

Would you say it is fair that when you order the end of an investigation, the goal is in fact to end that investigation?

I think that he did not think there was anything wrong with the request. Due to inexperience. A seasoned politician would not have made the request. For optics alone, if for no other reason. He ran--and won--based on the fact that he was running as a non-politician.

That inexperience likely lead to the decision. But, obviously, if he had a knowing and corrupt intent there is no defense.

Realtalk:

Profit.

I think that he did not think there was anything wrong with the request. Due to inexperience. A seasoned politician would not have made the request. For optics alone, if for no other reason. He ran--and won--based on the fact that he was running as a non-politician.

That inexperience likely lead to the decision. But, obviously, if he had a knowing and corrupt intent there is no defense.

When you explicitly order the end of an investigation, is the goal to in fact end that investigation?

Realtalk:

A lot of willfully ignorant and/or racist people in this country. With big egos.

Easy way for anyone to understand.

Using a regular criminal case as a reference, think impeachment=indictment.

So the House acts like a Grand Jury.

The trial will be in the Senate and the Senators are like an actual jury what hands down a conviction or acquittal.

So you acknowledge that Trump ordered the end of all aspects of the Special Counsel investigation with the goal to end that probe.

No, I think he wanted it ended because he felt he was innocent and he didn't like the press. So he asked for others to take steps in that direction. As he stated throughout, the Russia probe ended without any finding that he--or his campaign--colluded/conspired with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Back
Top Bottom