***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Pete's so full of it :lol:

sidenote: there is someone in my neighborhood who actually grows corn in their yard :lol:
First time I saw it I was so confused. Who the **** grows corn in the bronx? :lol:

You mean the same corn that is largely (no pun intended) responsible for the obesity epidemic in our country that costs us billions (or is it trillions) of dollars and imperils millions of lives every year?

I do appreciate that he endorses walking at least.

was this posted already?

and here is Biden's response:

Bernie's response after he gets washed in Iowa:

deion.gif

Nate Silver was going crazy at the time at other forecasters having Hillary's chance of winning at 99%. The Comey letter and the resulting coverage swung the race back within the polling error.

She overcame foreign interference, voter suppression of key voting blocks, ****ty mass media coverage. She looked to have the race locked up and then boom, an October Surprise that got bull**** coverage and swing the election back toward Trump.

If you want to put the lost mainly on her, then you are basically shading her for not going above and beyond enough to overcome the screw job that was in motion to win in an electoral system that was structurally against her from the jump.

Hillary made mistakes, yes, but she did enough to win if the race was ran under conditions that the last few presidents won under.

Also, that is the important difference when her in the general and Bernie in the primary. Not that Bernie thought he was gonna lose those states and Hillary thought she was gonna win. It is that Bernie ultimately got beaten fair and square. Whereas Hillary was robbed.
She didn’t “overcome” those things, though—she lost the election. Did they constitute unfair disadvantages, so to speak? To varying degrees, yes. Were they unprecedented? Perhaps a few of them, again to varying degrees.

On the other hand, did her running against the least popular, least experienced, and least coherent major party candidate in modern history constitute an unprecedented—if not “unfair”—advantage? I would say yes also. The media may have been unfair to Hillary but they also mostly treated Trump like a joke and a buffoon.

But does any of this even matter if, for example, Hillary had 300 more field offices, which would have brought her on par with (incumbent) Obama in 2012? Or 500 more—double what she had—which would have brought her on par with Obama in 2008? Maybe so, though I have my doubts. I suppose we’re both mostly just speculating here anyway. But if Hillary was “robbed,” she was the one who left her front door open with the crooks roaming the neighborhood, thinking it could never happen.

more like the electoral college, James comey, Russia, racist Americans, sexiest Americans, an irresponsible news media, general stupidity, facebook, Jill Stein and cant forget the Bernie bros who felt salty

THOSE are why we have this fool
So it's everybody's but Hillary's fault that she lost? :lol:

It's wild to me that in 2020 people still have trouble admitting that there was fault in Hillary's campaign and with Dems overall in reaching people who usually don't or aren't motivated to vote. Instead, they're still trying to change the minds of "moderate" republicans. Telling people "I'm not that guy" as sad as it is doesn't get votes, aspirations do.

She didn’t “overcome” those things, though—she lost the election. Did they constitute unfair disadvantages, so to speak? To varying degrees, yes. Were they unprecedented? Perhaps a few of them, again to varying degrees.

On the other hand, did her running against the least popular, least experienced, and least coherent major party candidate in modern history constitute an unprecedented—if not “unfair”—advantage? I would say yes also. The media may have been unfair to Hillary but they also mostly treated Trump like a joke and a buffoon.

But does any of this even matter if, for example, Hillary had 300 more field offices, which would have brought her on par with (incumbent) Obama in 2012? Or 500 more—double what she had—which would have brought her on par with Obama in 2008? Maybe so, though I have my doubts. I suppose we’re both mostly just speculating here anyway. But if Hillary was “robbed,” she was the one who left her front door open with the crooks roaming the neighborhood, thinking it could never happen.
Not like beating Trump was a cakewalk, Trump beat the entire Republican field and the party united behind him. CNN aided Trump momentum by doing **** like airing his campaign rallies. They horse raced the election like crazy when it came to the election. They hardly treated him like a buffoon.

And she lost the damn election by under 100,000 votes. Trump threaded the needle, even everything working against her Trump still had to thread the needle and have the electoral college hand it to him.

I really think you just straight up hate the lady so you are gonna be unfair to her. Like how the **** are you supposed to see the Comey letter coming.

If something like that happens to Bernie, you will be ranting in here about the "elites" trying to stop the will of the people.

But Hillary gets screwed, and it is victim blaming time.

Last edited:

What he say that was wrong tho :lol:.

The electorate voted for the least qualified, wildly corrupt presidential candidate versus arguably the most qualified presidential candidate with some flaws due to a lot of those reasons.

Y’all want her to shut up because irrational people hate her, even those she’s been right? :lol:

Corn in a yard? :lol:
I'd still be confused if I saw corn in someone's yard even in my small rural town. Plenty of corn around but nobody grows it in their yard.

Must not be rural enough. Lots of people are growing sweet corn in their yards.

What he say that was wrong tho :lol:.

The electorate voted for the least qualified, wildly corrupt presidential candidate versus arguably the most qualified presidential candidate with some flaws due to a lot of those reasons.

Y’all want her to shut up because irrational people hate her, even those she’s been right? :lol:
She isn't though, she's a career politician that had the backing of one of the biggest coalitions in the world and lost to a rookie. You don't fumble that because of Bernie Bros, Jill Stein, the media or Russia. You fumbled that because of arrogance and not coming up with a campaign that motivates the electorate to vote for you because they like and see your vision.

The electorate college point was the worst point he brought up imo, Dems have been screwed by it in the past and should've known what they were up against. It wasn't a problem for Obama in 08 and 12 because he knows how to mobilize voters instead of resting on his laurels.

All those things still lead to Trump barely threading the needle. Also not like beating Trump was a cakewalk, Trump beat the entire Republican field and the party united behind him. CNN aided Trump momentum by doing **** like airing his campaign rallies. They horse raced the election like crazy when it came to the election. They hardly treated him like a buffoon.

I really think you just straight up hate the lady so you are gonna be unfair to her. Like how the **** are you supposed to see the Comey letter coming.

If something like that happens to Bernie, you will be ranting in here about the "elites" trying to stop the will of the people.

But Hillary gets screwed, and it is victim blaming time.
She couldn’t have seen it coming. It was a bomb. Maybe she wins without it, maybe not. Maybe she wins with hundreds more field offices, maybe not. But I fail to see how it’s victim-blaming to (1) acknowledge all the things that she had to deal with and their likely impact on the election, while also (2) pointing out that she did things in her campaign that also likely impacted the election to her own detriment.

This seems to me like the kind of balanced perspective you yourself usually strive for when it comes to these kinds of matters.

It's wild to me that in 2020 people still have trouble admitting that there was fault in Hillary's campaign and with Dems overall in reaching people who usually don't or aren't motivated to vote. Instead, they're still trying to change the minds of "moderate" republicans. Telling people "I'm not that guy" as sad as it is doesn't get votes, aspirations do.

literally only 1 man in the history of us politics has gotten more votes than she received

She couldn’t have seen it coming. It was a bomb. Maybe she wins without it, maybe not. Maybe she wins with hundreds more field offices, maybe not. But I fail to see how it’s victim-blaming to (1) acknowledge all the things that she had to deal with and their likely impact on the election, while also (2) pointing out that she did things in her campaign that also likely impacted the election to her own detriment.

This seems to me like the kind of balanced perspective you yourself usually strive for when it comes to these kinds of matters.
Go trace back your arguments on this issue.

You went from being certain that besides the electoral college it is mainly her fault to basically "welp man whose knows, so I could be right"

Ok sure famb, who knows. A fair and balanced perspective.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom