***Official Political Discussion Thread***

jeezus christ man

3mwf4d.jpg

If you can’t trust comfortably middle and upper middle class suburbanites to vote Dem then you must bring in new voters. You bring in new voters. You bring in gig economy workers, warehouse workers, restaurant and hospitality workers, retail workers, office workers who make less than $20 an hour. You bring in the actual working class to whom the Republican Party, the Democratic Party and the Mainstream media never speak.

Also, don’t buy the line that the Midwest is against left policy ideas. Any Klobuchar would have you thinking that everyone in theMidwest is a lawyer who has generational wealth but that’s not true. The Midwest, the South, the West, the Northeast are mostly populated by workers who have hitherto, correctly made the assessment that major political parties don’t care about them. Activate a fraction of those workers

suburbanites are voting Dem now more so than ever. Look at the results we've seen since 2016. We've seen Dems winning in areas they aren't normally competitive and it hasn't been by running away from the middle

PA-18 (mostly white suburb) elected a moderate Democrat in 2018 after going to Trump by 20 points in 2016

I don't know that reacting to a close loss by running someone who might do considerably worse is a smart idea with so much at stake. There is no evidence I'm aware of to suggest that running away from the middle has ever been a good electoral strategy

realistically, had Hillary spent 20 mins in MI, WI, PA she wins those states

If you can’t trust comfortably middle and upper middle class suburbanites to vote Dem then you must bring in new voters. You bring in new voters. You bring in gig economy workers, warehouse workers, restaurant and hospitality workers, retail workers, office workers who make less than $20 an hour. You bring in the actual working class to whom the Republican Party, the Democratic Party and the Mainstream media never speak.

Also, don’t buy the line that the Midwest is against left policy ideas. Any Klobuchar would have you thinking that everyone in theMidwest is a lawyer who has generational wealth but that’s not true. The Midwest, the South, the West, the Northeast are mostly populated by workers who have hitherto, correctly made the assessment that major political parties don’t care about them. Activate a fraction of those workers

Sorry but pretty much every Bernie-Trump comparison is done in bad faith.

Capital loves to conflate criticism of the wretched material conditions it creates with its cosmopolitan window dressing.
This is a reach. Especially in reference to the comments made in here.

People made a simple comparison about one sub group of Sanders supporters and Trump supporters.

In online spaces and in my own life I have seen the petulance. You have apologized yourself for displaying said petulance.

My girlfriend had to delete her Twitter because after she jumped off the Bernie wagon she made the mistake of shading Bernie and his supporters over the identity politics thing. Her Bernie supporting friends got on her, then one made the mistake of retweeting a reply and then she got inundated with vile racist, sexist ******** from some of his Stans.

She is an immigrant that grew up poor and and is just trying to take care of her parents and community. Her views on Bernie supporters is way harsher than mine now. So I would like to know, she just a member of the PMC trying to sell out workers?

How about myself? Or M Mark Antony ? or any of the people that have made similar comparisons and criticisms of Bernie or agreed with them. I am just curious at who is allowed to ever make a criticism of dude.

Really all you are doing know is the same "my morals are better than yours" shtick DWalk been doing but in long form.

Famb you so lost in the Bern Sauce that you think you anyone that dare critical of Bernie, no matter how narrow the make the criticism is some enemy to the common man. You claim him to be this champion of the non-white and working class, you throw out these claims like they give Bernie and his supporters immunity from criticism. Even worst, when people from these groups whose politics a close to Bernie dare make a criticism, you hand wave it.

It was a fair comparison, you just didn't like it because it involved Bernie.

Last edited:
Suburbs here are all blue, metro area is blue. Rural is red af.

duluth is blue along with some other areas way up north by Canada and Lake Superior because a lot of transplants from the city move up there for whatever reason.

I used to spend a lot of time in Des Moines and Sioux City. I could see them being blue along with iowa city which is lib town. rest of iowa is red for sure.

So clearly you need to place the word white in front here, as the black people in this category are already voting for democrats.

Among black people who do vote, they vote overwhelmingly democratic. There still are a lot of black people who are eligible to vote who do not vote.

Now the majority of white people who do vote, they vote republican more often than they vote democrat. There still are lots of whites who are eligible to vote who do not.

When you bring a lot of new, mostly working people into the a general election, those new white voters will vote democratic and those new, black voters will vote democratic. White turnout would be increased with the margins tilting slightly democratic. Black turn will be increased with the margins staying about the same.

Putting all the blame on the Dems not being left enough on economics as a reason for low turnout ignores a ton of ****.

If we want to increase turnout at the margins then the #1 issue should giving poor and working class people easy access to the ballot.

But somehow, someway, nominating Bernie or a candidate like him, is the panacea to the problem. Good grief.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom