***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bolton is really going to be the hero we needed who has the balls Not what I expected but I’ll take it.

like you said he can go **** himself really, but this will at least allow himself to be redeemed just a hair.

Johnathan Usain Bolton is a turncoat and a clown. He wanted credit for our PRESIDENT ELECT destroying Iran relations but cronies don't get to sit with da monarch B. Can't wait to see season 4 of Da Crown when Donald Jenius Trump takes his place as the rightful ruler of America. #LONGLIVEKINGDONALD

Yes, I'm over simplifying but most candidates sites are covered in rhetoric regarding undoing all of Trumps policies. They don't even label the issue as immigration. Not that I disagree with undoing Trump's policies, but I want some more substantial ideas on approaching a legitimate issue for a lot of voters.
Dude I am sorry but I disagree with your characterization. Just look and Bernie and Warren's pages on immigration.

https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/immigration

https://berniesanders.com/issues/welcoming-and-safe-america-all/

Yes Trump is mentioned a lot but they present immigration plans that are more progressive than even 2nd term Obama.

Pete touches on things outside of Trump too like reforming other areas of our immigration system:

https://peteforamerica.com/policies/immigration/

They have substantial isead.

Maybe you need to spell it out some more what your issue is, what Is that they are not hearing? Or is it that you want to hear how the Dems plan to stop the flow of undocumented immigrants coming into America.

Maybe you need to spell it out some more what your issue is, what Is that they are not hearing? Or is it that you want to hear how the Dems plan to stop the flow of undocumented immigrants coming into America.
Modernizing "border technology" sounds great. But a lot of voters care about curbing unauthorized immigration, which accounts for roughly 15-25% of total immigration depending on the source.

70% of Americans feel immigration should be decreased or kept at current levels. Yet no Democratic nominee has a platform that reflects this reality.

Modernizing "border technology" sounds great. But a lot of voters care about curbing unauthorized immigration, which accounts for roughly 15-25% of total immigration depending on the source.
So gry60 gry60 was right about what you were getting at...

Are we talking about a realistic plan, or one that coddles the xenophobic sensibilities of "middle America"?

I dunno why you couldn't just come out and say that from the jump.

And you are not talking about curbing unauthorized immigration, you are talking about patrolling the Mexican-American border. Because most undocumented immigrants fly in, and the best way to make people not come to America is to raise their economic prospects in their home countries. And nearly all the Dems say they want to give more aid to Central American governments to do that.

Last edited:
7FE7E644-3CD7-4891-BDE0-B19D8805A0D2.jpeg

70% of Americans feel immigration should be decreased or kept at current levels. Yet no Democratic nominee has a platform that reflects this reality.
Do those voters care that the capital class doesn't have an issue hiring undocumented workers and threatening them with deportation if they dare report inadequate working conditions?

Do they care that undergrad/grad tuition has gotten so high that universities are courting more international students at the expense of American high school grads?

Do they care that the majority of illegal immigrants come here through airports?

Back
Top Bottom