***Official Political Discussion Thread***

B5280C9E-A905-4CD8-B519-32ED1BFBF779.jpeg

Nobody expects the Senate to convict and remove. You'd have to be Trump-level delusional to think that. I would hope you dont ascribe that level of delusion to anyone in here. Not even Dwalk disingenuous ***.

Kind of begs the question of the point

To this point, I think the proceedings have done the most harm to Biden's campaign
Yes. The conspiracy theories and fake news perpetrated by such minds as Rudy Guiliani, Jim Jordan, and Alan Dershowitz. All reputable figures in American politics. Not like that Joe Biden, who cracked down on corruption at the supposed risk of his own son being investigated. Damn, what reputational harm.

****ing dumb ***.

Yes. The conspiracy theories and fake news perpetrated by such minds as Rudy Guiliani, Jim Jordan, and Alan Dershowitz. All reputable figures in American politics. Not like that Joe Biden, who cracked down on corruption at the supposed risk of his own son being investigated. Damn, what reputational harm.

****ing dumb ***.

We will see. . .

Unsurprisingly, Republicans have so far stonewalled calls to expel him from the House over his spree of domestic terrorism activities.
http://leg.wa.gov/House/InvestigationReport/Documents/WA House Report 12.03.192058_Redacted.pdf
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/01/28/us/ap-us-washington-lawmaker-investigation.html
Documents Released That Prompted Ouster of Lawmaker
The Washington House of Representatives on Tuesday released a trove of documents supporting a recent report that branded an arch-conservative state lawmaker a ``domestic terrorist'' and got him kicked out of the Republican caucus.

The documents, which cover a period of Republican Rep. Matt Shea's activities from 2012 to 2018, were released by the chief clerk of the state House in Olympia.

The documents included emails, news articles, press releases, law enforcement reports, audio recordings and other items involving Shea and his activities.

The various items released were the basis for a 108-page report for the Legislature by The Rampart Group that was released in December and was highly critical of Shea's anti-government activities.

The report prompted House Republicans to kick Shea, who is from Spokane Valley, out of their caucus. Democrats and Republicans have called for Shea's resignation, but he has refused. Republicans say it is up to voters to remove Shea from the Legislature.

Do those voters care that the capital class doesn't have an issue hiring undocumented workers and threatening them with deportation if they dare report inadequate working conditions?

Do they care that undergrad/grad tuition has gotten so high that universities are courting more international students at the expense of American high school grads?

Do they care that the majority of illegal immigrants come here through airports?
Perception equals reality. Those voters feel regardless of reason, which range from xenophobia to partially truth based, that immigration has a negative effect on the economy-both on the local and macro levels.

So @gry60 was right about what you were getting at...

I dunno why you couldn't just come out and say that from the jump.

And you are not talking about curbing unauthorized immigration, you are talking about patrolling the Mexican-American border. Because most undocumented immigrants fly in, and the best way to make people not come to America is to raise their economic prospects in their home countries. And nearly all the Dems say they want to give more aid to Central American governments to do that.
Mischaracterization, I am talking about immigration reform that doesn't include subsidizing other countries economies. Why is it my responsibility as a tax payer to make El Salvador a nice place to live?

Mischaracterization, I am talking about immigration reform that doesn't include subsidizing other countries economies. Why is it my responsibility as a tax payer to make El Salvador a nice place to live?
-I don't know what you are talking about because you are being mealy mouthed. Like do you want to spit some diet Trump steez but don't want to come out and say it? Be specific from the jump if you want dialogue on a specific issue.

I am telling a plan that would work. At some point America needs to decide if they really want to address the undocumented immigration issue, or just want to scratch a xenophobic itch.

-But let me try to address the issue you seemingly really want to talk about. Besides saying they will still patrol the border to try to stop potential threats (real ones, not just because the are brown), traffickers, and undocumented immigrants are not going through proper channels, and deporting violent criminals in the country unauthorized, the Democrats have nothing to quench the xenophobic thirst of the regressive voters that are attracted to Trump's cruelty and white ethnopolitics. The moral decision has been made.

-Furthermore, as someone that is an immigrant, and is from the lower Americas, you can misssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss me with this taxpayer ****.

Taxpayers in America have funded tons of imperialistic and neoliberal nonsense that has destabilized the region. America help overthrow governments, American helped wreck people's livelihoods, exploited farmers, are all part of the issues that force immigrants to come to America can be traced back to America's meddling. So maybe it is time for America to help clean up the mess it had a hand in creating. America taxpayers have also funded governments that have failed to keep your damn guns in your own damn country. Lil kids are being slaughtered on my island with guns coming in from the US. Also the damn drug war causes so much destruction in the region, if fueled because of the American consumer base for drugs. Maybe if taxpayers would get their **** together on fund public health interventions to lower the number of uses which cripple the drug trade.

Your argument just sounds just like a white person in the suburbs complaining that they, as a taxpayer, should not be responsible for improving the material conditions in urban areas. Ignoring all the systemic factors at play.

So really famb, it is wild to me that someone would insinuate that America doesn't owe it to the region to help after all the nonsense they have done.

-Finally everyone pays taxes for **** they don't like, deal with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom