***Official Political Discussion Thread***

:lol: at all the real billionaires who actually earned their empire taking shots at Trump. This would be like Tim Tebow announcing himself the greatest QB who ever lived and then John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady all publicly insulting him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rren-buffett-has-offer-donald-trump/87938298/

Trump can pick "any place, any time between now and election," and Omaha billionaire Buffett will bring his tax returns — if Trump does too." I'll bring my tax return. He can bring his tax return ... Just let people ask us questions about the items that are on there."

"Now I've got news for him, I'm under audit too," Buffett said of Trump's top defense of why he can't release the records. "There are no rules against showing your tax returns."

Puerto Ricans are cool as hell. The Ricans I've met are hella conscious. My Rican homie Carlito who is Carlos Arroyo's complexion tells people he's black. People look at him like he's crazy but he identifies as a black Rican.

Ninja supporting Trump is like a Mexican supporting sheriff Joe Arpaio. Trump hates people like ninja. Imagine ninja walking up to Trump to shake his hand with his big hip hop chain, fitted cap, jersey, air Carlos Arroyo 11s on, and the hemi running looking like a typical urban drug dealer. Trump would call for security fast as hell.

Last edited:
Imagine if Trump's daughter brought ninja home to meet the family.....

luckily your opinion on Reggaeton is tied to some farcical world, cuz it reality Reggaeton outpaces reggae & dancehall in sales & exposure by a WHOLE lot. Ebro from hot 97 basically kept it funky and said Reggae only gets played in da tristate area, Toronto & on da island VS Reggaeton artists enjoy large & wide international success..when a Whole Genre is depending on a Drake feature for exposure, its on some bad straits.

which Reggae artist can sell out MSG in 2016? cuz i can tell you at least 4-5 Reggaeton artists that can.

anywho...
You don't see white kids wearing Daddy Yankee shirts like they wear Bob Marley shirts.... I'll put Bob Marley up against any reggaetone legend and Bob's global impact reigns supreme.....

Last edited:
I'm waiting to hear a daddy Yankee song played as elevator music. Bob Marley has hits that people who don't even listen to reggae music know.

laugh.gif
at all the real billionaires who actually earned their empire taking shots at Trump. This would be like Tim Tebow announcing himself the greatest QB who ever lived and then John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady all publicly insulting him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rren-buffett-has-offer-donald-trump/87938298/
qft

trump is the biggest L ever lmao

and reggaetone is the worst **** i've ever heard in my life

Last edited:
Ninja supporting Trump is like a Mexican supporting sheriff Joe Arpaio. Trump hates people like ninja. Imagine ninja walking up to Trump to shake his hand with his big hip hop chain, fitted cap, jersey, air Carlos Arroyo 11s on, and the hemi running looking like a typical urban drug dealer. Trump would call for security fast as hell.

actually a cousin of mine met Donald Trump & he was more than nice...soo...u bout 0/6 tonight? :smh: :lol:

I'm waiting to hear a daddy Yankee song played as elevator music. Bob Marley has hits that people who don't even listen to reggae music know.
luckily your opinion on Reggaeton is tied to some farcical world, cuz it reality Reggaeton outpaces reggae & dancehall in sales & exposure by a WHOLE lot. Ebro from hot 97 basically kept it funky and said Reggae only gets played in da tristate area, Toronto & on da island VS Reggaeton artists enjoy large & wide international success..when a Whole Genre is depending on a Drake feature for exposure, its on some bad straits.

which Reggae artist can sell out MSG in 2016? cuz i can tell you at least 4-5 Reggaeton artists that can.

anywho...
You don't see white kids wearing Daddy Yankee shirts like they wear Bob Marley shirts.... I'll put Bob Marley up against any reggaetone legend and Bob's global impact reigns supreme.....

anywho...

except u cant name 1 reggae artist that would sell out da garden in 2016...

-Macehl Montano a Soca/dancehall artist has sold out MSG a couple times.

-Shaggy and Sean Paul were both huge stars at one point, selling out arenas all over the world.

-------Raggaeton is bigger right now, there is no denying that. That is because they Spanish language allows them to serve an audience that Raggae/Dancehall can't. Dancehall is only really popular in places with high West Indian populations.

Same same Telemundo and Univsision can flourish while not producing the same quality of content as other stations. It as a built in niche, and a built in barrier to entire for other similar genres.

Raggaeton became popular with North America Latinos, where as Dancehall has not done the same with African Americans.

On the flip side, most people in the Caribbean don't mess with it heavy outside the Spanish speaking countries. Party because of the language, party because they find it repetitive, and they think of it as struggle Dancehall music. Danza Kuduro does gets sipins doe :smokin

If you like it find, but it is clear that it swagger jacks Dancehall. And for someone that listens to Raggae, Dancehall, Soca, and Calypso. Raggaeton is meh, even if dudes spoke English I would find it meh. Overall I will give it to Raggaeton artist for being more commercially savvy. Dancehall/Soca needs more Tempted to Touche, One Dance, Turnin Me On, Gimmie The Lights. Best Kartel and Popcann probably ain't gonna connect with a mainstream audience.

In the islands, where they all originated. Dancehall is king, Soca running a close second.

---------

I don't know why I'm even contributing to this nonsense :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
if they let him outta jail for 1 night only maybe u might get it 3/4th full with all of flatbush's population :lol:
Will kids wear reggaetone artists that sold out the garden in 2016 on their chest in 30 years?

We haven't mentioned hip hop and r& b artists that can sell out the garden.

I'd say it depends on which island you're on with who and what is king..

Machel making bank though and travels all over the place for different carnivals and festivals and stuff.. Dude performs his *{^{^ off though

Kept it to just reggae so didn't mention him

I legit thought I entered the music forum :lol: I still don't know how it started.

Hip hop is more than just rap music. I can't abide by diminishing Latinos contribution as pioneers, orignators and founders of it.

Yeah there haven't been as many Latino rappers famous in America as there have been black rappers but that don't take away from their role in hip hop culture existing.

As for that reggaeton stuff that's a whole other genre that clearly is I fluenced by hip.hop but is aimed mostly to a different culture or sub culture if you will and is doing it's own thing.

Folks are crazy denying Latinos involvement in hip hop. Some of the best breakdancers and graffiti artist were/still are Latinos.

Basically.

That daddy Yankee **** can go elsewhere though.

Lost on what Michael Jordan got to do with this too :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
when reggae was at its prime it transcended language barriers... Reggaeton does that now, them boys eat in Europe.

Dance hall/reggae just not tryin hard enough...even da reggaeton spinoff Dembow artists (el mayor,el alfa, atomic otro way, etc) getting heavy spins over reggae...and they're new.

anywho...

Reggae and soca still do big in Europe

Brixton carnival is huge

Last edited:
man....i used to have vhs tapes that were super poor quality from being dubbed too many times with the rock steady crew on it. crazy legs was the man back in the day. the battle scene in beat street [emoji]9994[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom