***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This comes back to one of the main things we learned in 2016 (and apparently forgot in the meantime): Twitter isn't indicative of the voting populace. If you read Twitter, no one is voting for Biden and he's going to get destroyed. The same thing happened in 2016, when social media thought Trump was going to get washed only for older people who don't use social media to come out and droves.

Welp looks like it's time to go to the unemployment office and collect these fat government checks.
Price of being one of the higher paid people at the position I suppose. Why pay me a lot to do something others are doing for a little?

Welp looks like it's time to go to the unemployment office and collect these fat government checks.
Price of being one of the higher paid people at the position I suppose. Why pay me a lot to do something others are doing for a little?

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it is only temporary and your job is restored after all this slows down.

The whole premise of the Book I'm reading is about this. Range by David Epstein whywesteppin whywesteppin

Also you teach for a living rexanglorum rexanglorum ? :emoji_fire:

this is my favorite Rex. my observation is that in capitalism we hyperoptimize to squeeze out every last inch of maximal growth, but that also leads to a system that is stiff, fragile, and vulnerable to unforeseen events like a pandemic.

tell your nephew congrats and that you should really use your undergrad to learn things that you're not going to do in your future career because that's the only chance you'll get and that's how you'll set yourself apart. the best biologists often come from theoretical physics, doctors from engineering, stock traders from computer science, and economists from (? i don't actually know, but you can fill him in).

Ive learned more about the voting populace listening to white people speak candidly on the manufacturing floor of my company, than twitter. most people arent even in the slightest politically aware of what politicians do or how policy even impacts their lives in real ways. people understand how politicians make them feel. and thats how they vote. if i was paying attention to the workers here in 2016 i would have seen trump coming from a mile away. in 2020, people here dont necessarily hate trump because they think hes a bad guy. theyre just not fans of the circus he brings.

Last edited:
I will begrudgingly vote for Biden but simply as a referendum on Trump. Biden is weak and quite frankly, I don't think he's going to beat 45. A competent candidate would wipe the floor with him right now. I foresee Obama going to bat hard for Biden but I don't think it will be enough.

1586362385342.gif

1586362385342.gif

Bernie got his *** kicked twice in national elections

I like dude, but he clearly isn't the guy for the job

Voting for Biden is like drinking an unflavored fiber supplement. Sure it is unappetizing, sure you are hesitant to don't; but if you don't, **** gonna be all ****ed up.

Biden 2020: Close your Eyes, and do what has to be done.
psyllium-husk-in-water.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t want to hear any complaining from Bernie supporters. As a whole, if you don’t show up for primaries, you don’t deserve to win. Biden being the nominee is as much your fault as anyone else’s.

Time to take a long, hard look in the mirror and assess why voters didn’t come out in droves for Bern and then adjust accordingly.

Biden is weak and quite frankly, I don't think he's going to beat 45.

Voting for Biden is like drinking an unflavored fiber supplement. Sure it is unappetizing, sure you are hesitant to don't;, but if you don't, **** gonna be all ****ed up.

Sounds a lot like what people were saying about Hillary in 2016. I think the same thing will happen because the Democratic Party doesn't have a candidate that voters are excited about.

Back
Top Bottom