***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1587272027765.gif

BareFlashyGharial-size_restricted.gif

No I’m saying these fools want to protest and stuff let them have big Trump rallies with the Trump there, petition him on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram wherever he posts his nonsense. I bet he’d be down for it.

During yesterday's coronavirus briefing, Trump boasted that he recently received a new nice letter from Kim.
North Korea now denies it sent a letter recently.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-letter-sent-to-trump-kcna-idUSKBN2210KW?il=0
North Korea's foreign ministry denies letter sent to Trump: KCNA
North Korea on Sunday denied a letter was sent to U.S. President Donald Trump, North Korean state news agency KCNA said, citing a Foreign Ministry press chief.

The denial comes after Trump told reporters that he recently received a “nice note” from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump had said on Saturday in Washington: “we’re doing just fine with North Korea.”

Speaking of a U.S. media report, KCNA said in the statement, “he could have referred to the personal letters that had been exchanged in the past, we are not sure.”

“But there was no letter addressed recently to the U.S. president by the supreme leadership of the DPRK.”

Excellent post. How are you and your family doing in Belgium?
All good so far. I'm a little concerned that my mom works at a nursing home but there haven't been any infections there yet, at least not to anyone's knowledge. There' was a patient today that developed a mild fever and a cough but she has a long history of respiratory issues and her temperature kept changing from fever to normal and vice versa. The highest temperature recorded was 37.7°C. The patient was hospitalized for pneumonia back in January.

Nursing homes across the country were supposed to get testing kits from the government but my mom's employer hasn't received any yet. They've tested all patients who died recently though and those were all negative.

Several of my close friends got corona but they've fully recovered by now and only suffered minimal symptoms. None were actually tested but they knew for sure when they all lost their sense of smell. They self-quarantined immediately when they developed a mild fever.
Given my medical condition, I'm not sure if I'd be so lucky to only suffer mild symptoms if I were to get infected somehow.

Edit:
My landlord's wife works at a nearby nursing home (~10km away) that has a serious outbreak on one floor, which happened to be the floor housing only patients with severe dementia. She works on a different floor but I've had a couple of conversations with her about the outbreak. She said her coworkers who work on that floor were mentally/emotionally broken. The patients were very confused obviously and some became pretty aggressive as a result of the confusion from their dementia.

Last edited:
All good so far. I'm a little concerned that my mom works at a nursing home but there haven't been any infections there yet, at least not to anyone's knowledge. There' was a patient today that developed a mild fever and a cough but she has a long history of respiratory issues and her temperature kept changing from fever to normal and vice versa. The highest temperature recorded was 37.7°C. The patient was hospitalized for pneumonia back in January.

Nursing homes across the country were supposed to get testing kits from the government but my mom's employer hasn't received any yet. They've tested all patients who died recently though and those were all negative.

Several of my close friends got corona but they've fully recovered by now and only suffered minimal symptoms. None were actually tested but they knew for sure when they all lost their sense of smell. They self-quarantined immediately when they developed a mild fever.
Given my medical condition, I'm not sure if I'd be so lucky to only suffer mild symptoms if I were to get infected somehow.
Stay safe out there fam. I'm glad you and your family are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom