***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I mainly observe than join in, but I appreciated Rex's posts even back when he was a conservative to be honest. You rarely got a look from that perspective as they keep quiet to the public while they continue making effective moves in their interest (is WASP the right term?). I appreciated the insight as opposed to the racists, idiots and bad faith actors that tend to represent Conservatives on the internet. His transition still gives me good insight. Weak move earlier but still good observation from the outside looking in. Also I don't think anything here will hurt anything, I appreciate all the good faith discussion here, block the disingenuous ones, but either way nothing here will really change my established real world views.

This link from the American Bar Association is a good start:

In the Age of Social Media, Expand the Reach of the First Amendment

I see the argument, but can't say I agree. These companies also have the responsibility to protect their users from dangerous and offensive behaviors, and they have terms and service that its users must comply with. These people aren’t seeing their freedom of speech being censored, in my opinion, as they clicked and agreed to comply with the terms and services of the platform. This isn’t a public utility like a park, this is a service that people are choosing to use. Furthermore, there’s not “unreasonable restrictive” or “oppressive” about not being able to spew racist rhetoric, conspiracy theories or disinformation, which seems in my opinion to be the biggest “victims” that we see here.

Screenshot_20200503-175716_Twitter.jpg

God damn, my man has had it.

Big Momma gonna have his plate waiting for him at the cook out.

That 2011 correspondents dinner was amazing. Trump’s body looked like it was melting all the while his hair stayed intact so it looked like it was slowing descending.

It was hilarious but than you’re like “uh, but that’s also the reason why Trump ran a few years later and won.”

Back
Top Bottom