***Official Political Discussion Thread***

But you vote for those opinions so is it not by extension your opinion?

Man found out that unemployment went from 16.3% to 16.2% today and decided it was time to put the cape back on

I didn't vote for Barr, the DHS Secretary, or the top NatSec Adviser.

But no, I don't adopt every opinion of people that I vote for. Do you?

I care about the policies that get implemented.

It is great that Biden acknowledges systematic racism. He played a large part in said system by writing and passing the Crime bill.

If you think that supporting him gives you some moral high ground, then so be it.
You care about white supremacist getting elected, and doing enough to give you a shield to protect you from other people calling out your scumbag behavior

Biden for all his faults is still a better actor that Trump. You just love to handwave all the **** that exposes that fact.

You care about white supremacist getting elected, and doing enough to give you a shield to protect you from other people calling out your scumbag behavior

Biden for all his faults is still a better actor that Trump. You just love to handwave all the **** that exposes that fact.

FIRST STEP ACT

Generally I do not have to hand wave literally every single thing the people I vote for do and say to fit my narrative. The actions generally match the beliefs I voted for.

No, but any reasonable person would've expected Trump and the GOP to make those type of appointments.

You give credit to Trump for passing criminal justice reform that he passively helped sabotage for 2 years (3 if you count the campaign) until he needed some political capital before the midterms.
His Attorney General, someone with draconian views on criminal justice like his predecessor Sessions, then proceeded to impede the implementation of the First Step Act and there hasn't been a word from Trump on that. He has called on Barr to take action many times, though mostly to urge Barr to prosecute his political opponents or let his loyal felons off the hook. It would cost no effort to publicly or privately demand that Barr reverses the instruction to prosecutors that is at issue in the effort to impede the FSA's implementation.
Even some of the initial Republican co-sponsors of the bill like Mike Lee have at least commented on Barr's efforts to impede.

Last edited:
But he doesn't give a **** about the DOJ undermining it.
He doesn’t give a **** that this admin is guiding the justice dept to not care about hate crimes and racism at all either

There’s no way there will be trials for the lynchings happening

Not at the federal level anyway

No, but any reasonable person would've expected Trump and the GOP to make those type of appointments.

You give credit to Trump for passing criminal justice reform that he helped sabotage for 2 years (3 if you count the campaign) until he needed some political capital before the midterms.
His Attorney General, someone with draconian views on criminal justice like his predecessor Sessions, then proceeded to impede the implementation of the First Step Act and there hasn't been a word from Trump on that. He has called on Barr to take action many times, though mostly to prosecute his political opponents or let his loyal felons off the hook. It would cost no effort to publicly or privately demand that Barr reverses the instruction at issue.
Even some of the initial Republican co-sponsors of the bill like Mike Lee have at least commented on Barr's efforts to impede.

The DOJ opposed the law before it was enacted.

Their choices are undermining an initiative that the president had.

But the law is in place, and despite the DOJ's best efforts federal judges can still grant the petitions BECAUSE of the law that was passed under this administration.

The DOJ opposed the law before it was enacted.

Their choices are undermining an initiative that the president had.

But the law is in place, and despite the DOJ's best efforts federal judges can still grant the petitions BECAUSE of the law that was passed under this administration.
A majority of judges has refused to accept DOJ's argument to lock those applicants back up not all applicants have gotten lucky with their judge. DOJ has largely failed in this effort but some judges have gone along with it.

Are you familiar with Barr's instruction to prosecutors that is at issue here?

A majority of judges has refused to accept DOJ's argument to lock those applicants back up not all applicants get lucky with their judge.

Are you familiar with Barr's instruction to prosecutors?

I JUST mentioned how I am skeptical of black prosecutors. That shows you where I stand as it relates to prosecutors in general.

I can imagine what his guidance was. But like you said the majority of judges have refused to accept the DOJ's argument and that is possible due to the law passed under this administration.

I JUST mentioned how I am skeptical of black prosecutors. That shows you were I stand as it relates to prosecutors in general.

I can imagine what his guidance was. But like you said the majority of judges have refused to accept the DOJ's argument and that is possible due to the law passed under this administration.

Do you have proof on this majority number?

Back
Top Bottom