***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I answered that I didn't know re: my standard.

But it probably is best that you don't provide an answer, considering how its application would work
You don’t know, but you’re willing to believe that this was an accident? :lol: Convenient. We know your answer. Clown.

Pull the plug Meth- not a simple "difference of opinion" anymore and is an unwanted distraction/sideshow at this point.
Doing this now is like Texas mandating masks in July. Should've been done 4 months ago.

Y’all are better than me going back and forth with duke
Are they though? They can't help it as much as he can't help it.

I dunno about you, b

I come back from the bodega and get a little lost then wander into a Klan Rally, you can’t not end up at a klan rally eventually.

I’m pretty sure that’s actually the argument Trump used when the Times pulled out receipts of Trump’s dad getting arrested at a Klan rally.

DC6D64C9-507C-4810-ACE5-F6176EBA6ABD.png

The FBI Washington Field Office's Violent Crimes Task Force is handling vandalism cases now?

Imagine supporting someone who acts like Black lives matter less than statues of slaveowners.

Ezra Klein wrote and insightful essay about identity politics and the Democratic Party...

Yeah, that's why leftist, liberals, centrist, and conservatives that bemoan identity politics on the left can piss off, IMO. Most of these critics never want to engage with the subject in a productive manner. It is always framed as something negative that doesn't allow the truth to come through. And maybe it is time for the people that claim they want to build a multiracial coalition to fight the for the greater good, but feel that the only way to do so is embrace a form of politics that makes white people comfortable, might want to do some self reflection.

And the Dems needs to prioritize pushing through electoral reform so we can strip socially conservative whites of all the dispropriate amount of political power they have.
You'd think this would constitute good news for everyone committed to dismantling racism AND class inequality. It's unfortunate that it wasn't received as such - and more unfortunate still that you were relentlessly prodded into engaging despite your clearly conveyed preference to the contrary.

Justice movements should be oriented around the least privileged members of a group, not the most privileged.

Dude is a master troll. I'll give him that. Dude been acting obtuse since day 1 yet peeps still fall for the bait. Probably gets off on all the attention he gets in here :lol: :smh:
been saying this...yet posters in here quote his name like every other post. Who cares about him and what he thinks. If you go a week without @'ing him on every post, he will just leave or better yet, might actually make this thread worth entering

With Trump, a lot of his racism online requires some amount of knowledge and context to see. His promotion of a guy yelling “white power” doesn’t require much context or prior knowledge.

This is the smoking gun that conservatives demand and yet, they will still be made.

Last edited:
The idea that 5% unemployment is full employment is totally arbitrary. Full employment is more like 2% (it’s no 0% because there is always going to be frictional unemployment, people maybe taking a month or two off because starting a new job).

Before COVID, black unemployment was 6% so not even full employment by the official criteria and well above the much more accurate benchmark.

Obviously no mention of the nature of those jobs by Trump. Most of those jobs that brought black unemployment relatively low were low paid, offered no benefits and required close proximity to other workers and/or the public. Basically, they’re the jobs that played a huge role in black people being more likely to catch COVID.

If you think 6% black unemployment is good and that that’s proof that Trump helped black people, I don’t know what to say in light of how flimsy that low unemployment rate was and how much was build on jobs that kill the people doing them.

Back
Top Bottom