***Official Political Discussion Thread***

With the election now a little more than 60 days away, we're going to pin a thread in the General forum to promote voter registration.
Unlike previous cycles, though, linking users to voter registration resources is insufficient on its own.

Obviously we want to encourage early voting whenever possible to avoid the nightmare scenarios that have been bandied about lately, with delayed vote counting resulting in a "mirage" victory and/or a contested outcome.
We also need to ensure that all prospective voters know their rights to avoid the expected harassment and intimidation at the polls, should they vote in person.

What advice or information would you like to see included in the post?

Thanks, Meth.

I've found NBC's "Plan Your Vote" enormously helpful. I think it attends to what some of the other folks have asked for:

I'd also like to see some resources to help folks who want to get involved before the election. For instance:

• A state-by-state breakdown of how to sign up as a poll worker, and what that responsibility entails.
  • Support for organizers and volunteers in crucial battleground states. I'm thinking of: https://votesaveamerica.com/adopt-a-state/

Kamala Harris is half indian. India has a huge number of Muslims. Do the math. Use logic.

I might be getting on my conspiracy game, but this is times for conspiracies. Could it be that Barr is setting a precedent for people having their votes changed after the fact? "I dont know if you cant vote twice" = multiple votes under one name might happen. If Trump (loses, and) throws a fit and makes the votes get audited, multiple votes under one person might invalidate both votes. Or under this guide, Barr might decline to pursue charges for election fraud, making both votes legal, or might say they're only counting the most recent vote. Mail in ballots could be replaced by "in person" ballots, and I'm not sure the voters would A. check to see what their final vote is counted as, or B. even be allowed to know. It seems like Barr is intentionally muddying the waters to make sure he doesnt say something that could be used against him in the future.

Sept 29 - Chris Wallace (Fox News)
October 7 - Susan Page (USA Today)*
October 15 - Steve Scully (C-SPAN)
October 22 - Kristen Welker (NBC News)

*VP debate

All debates at 9 pm EST, 90 minutes long.

from the NYT story:

In August, Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, sent a list of 24 journalists “for consideration” by the debate commission. Roughly 40 percent of his suggestions were affiliated with Fox News and Fox Business. Mr. Wallace’s name was not among them.

No one from Mr. Giuliani’s list was ultimately selected.

:lol:

I’m at work today and some lady starts screaming “heeeeey!!!!” At me. I’m like wtf does this lady want? I drive one of those big *** oversized load trucks moving bulldozers and what not so I’m thinking she’s just gonna tell me I was in her lane.

“Heeeeey!”

“what????”

“You like trump?”

“no, he’s an idiot”

“If he wins I’m gonna run him over with that thing on your truck!”

then she just starts cracking up and drives away. :rofl:

this election has people weird af.

Also been seeing Biden signs in yards next to “thank you police” signs trolling the trump idiots who claim he will make cops disappear.

lgwiz80a2uk51.jpg

I might be getting on my conspiracy game, but this is times for conspiracies. Could it be that Barr is setting a precedent for people having their votes changed after the fact? "I dont know if you cant vote twice" = multiple votes under one name might happen. If Trump (loses, and) throws a fit and makes the votes get audited, multiple votes under one person might invalidate both votes. Or under this guide, Barr might decline to pursue charges for election fraud, making both votes legal, or might say they're only counting the most recent vote. Mail in ballots could be replaced by "in person" ballots, and I'm not sure the voters would A. check to see what their final vote is counted as, or B. even be allowed to know. It seems like Barr is intentionally muddying the waters to make sure he doesnt say something that could be used against him in the future.

first thought was changing or “recounting” votes

Back
Top Bottom