***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I must say, the Kennedy vs Markey was one of the biggest waste of time in the whole election. From Kennedy running, to the nonsensical supposed progressive v. establishment proxy war that broke out

I had to shake my head at how seriously AOC was taking it.
Seems like it was all about Kennedy prepping for a future Presidency run, and not having to face off with Ayana when/if Lizzie joins the Biden admin.

I must say, the Kennedy vs Markey was one of the biggest waste of time in the whole election. From Kennedy running, to the nonsensical supposed progressive v. establishment proxy war that broke out

I had to shake my head at how seriously AOC was taking it.

I posted about this upset last night

I posted about this upset last night
It wasn't an upset

Markey was an incumbent that has never lost a race. He was endorsed by DSCC. By Warren, Schumer hell even Manchin

He was up in every poll. He was the favorite, and he won.

Kennedy winning would have been an upset.

Last edited:
It wasn't an upset

Markey was an incumbent that has never lost a race. He was endorsed by DSCC. By Warren, Schumer hell even Manchin

He was up in every poll. He was the favorite, and he won.

Kennedy winning would have been an upset.

Upset in the sense that establishment Democrats put their weight behind Kennedy—and he still lost.

Upset in the sense that establishment Democrats put their weight behind Kennedy—and he still lost.
They establishment didn't put their weight behind Kennedy.

The literally pointed out to you that the part Democratic Party responsible for supporting Senate candidates endorsed Markey. The Schumer, the Senate Minority leader endorsed him, the most centrist Democrat in the Senate endorsed him too. Every Senator that weighed in on the race endorsed Markey. He is the incumbent, he is happily part of the so called Democratic establishment.

The only supposed establishment support Kennedy had was Pelosi, and that is because he is a House Rep., and it is not unusual for the Leader of Party in the House to endorse Reps that run for Senate.

But on aggregate, Markey had the real "establishment" support.

You don't know what you are talking about. You should just shut up now.

The department of justice is independent, no?
Has Bill Barr demonstrated an independent nature of the Department of Justice, or has he demonstrated a willingness to change precedent, operational decisions, and judgement based on the real, perceived, or alluded wishes of the President or his administration? Has Barr, as leader of the DOJ, gone out of his way to shield or outright lie to benefit the president?

Dont be glib, if you answer. The receipts exist to prove if Barr and the decisions of the DOJ under his watch are independent from the Executive branch.

With the election now a little more than 60 days away, we're going to pin a thread in the General forum to promote voter registration.
Unlike previous cycles, though, linking users to voter registration resources is insufficient on its own.

Obviously we want to encourage early voting whenever possible to avoid the nightmare scenarios that have been bandied about lately, with delayed vote counting resulting in a "mirage" victory and/or a contested outcome.
We also need to ensure that all prospective voters know their rights to avoid the expected harassment and intimidation at the polls, should they vote in person.

What advice or information would you like to see included in the post?

The department of justice is independent, no?
This is a truly pathetic and intellectually dishonest talking point. You know this. Your insistence on repeating it is a bad faith act.

Who nominated Bill Barr? Will voting for Donald Trump result in his continuing as the head of the DOJ? Will voting for Joe Biden result in Barr's replacement?
We all know the answers to these questions.

There is no separation between Barr's views on this issue and those of the Trump administration.

Donald Trump and his top officials do not believe that systemic racism exists, especially with regard to policing:

This is not a question of speculation or inference. They have repeatedly made this explicitly clear.

This is what you are voting for.

With the election now a little more than 60 days away, we're going to pin a thread in the General forum to promote voter registration.
Unlike previous cycles, though, linking users to voter registration resources is insufficient on its own.

Obviously we want to encourage early voting whenever possible to avoid the nightmare scenarios that have been bandied about lately, with delayed vote counting resulting in a "mirage" victory and/or a contested outcome.
We also need to ensure that all prospective voters know their rights to avoid the expected harassment and intimidation at the polls, should they vote in person.

- Detailed breakdown of mail-in voting
- Links outlining states' differences in voting procedures
- Spreading awareness about the state of the US Post Service under postmaster-general Louis Dejoy and how that may impact the election
- Highlighting the importance of the electoral college
- Summary of Trump and Biden's platforms/key policy proposals

Meth, can you include a list of how early you can vote in each state? And whether you can vote early in person or by mail only?

I ask this because I myself do not know the logistics of these options, as living in Oregon means I've been able to mail in or drop my ballot in a drop box my entire voting life.

Copped. Best part is I can spraypaint it and be Daft Punk for halloween :pimp:
IMAGE_5.jpg
This would high key be fire with my Ralph Lauren jacket
26FAC0A6-F9E4-421C-B433-086A420AD0A0.jpeg

-I think members should be aware of the turnaround times to make sure their mail in ballot reaches on time if it is going through the USPS. NYT wrote a guide:

-Here are a few website that have been forwarded to me by others, that have info on voting depending on the state.

-And if people have any issue voting (unfortunately some polls workers give wrong info and try to enforce nonexistent voter ID laws) then people should know to call 1-866-OUR-VOTE. Their website: https://866ourvote.org/

-Concerning voting by mail:

Also I would like people to know that if they get a ballot in the mail, they can look up how to drop it off in person, instead of mailing it in. I know the rules are different in each state (some allow ballot harvesting, some have drop boxes, others you have to go into the election office) so they should look up the rules in their state.

And remind people that mail in ballots are verified by checking the signature on the ballot against what is on file, so people have to make sure the sign it properly. This is one of the main reason ballots are rejected.

Even if they get a ballot in the mail, they can still vote in person. The rules are different for each state, but it usually involves bringing the ballot to a in person voting location, having them spoil it, and then you are allowed to vote in person.

Back
Top Bottom