***Official Political Discussion Thread***

How are you qualified for a position and didn't answer any of the questions?

As an initial matter, she answered tons of questions. And the questions she avoided were properly avoided as a Justice should not signal how they would rule on a particular issue.

To directly answer your question: Because she is a competent, knowledgeable, jurist. The American Bar Association gave her its highest rating.

For those interested, I think this is Cube’s website/plan:

A Contract with Black America

If we're speaking pragmatism here, cube is in for a rude awakening if he thinks this republicans are going to sign off on the bulk of this list. trump supporters def wont fly for most of this either.
on the bright side, is pretty much in line with dems already progressive platform.

If we're speaking pragmatism here, cube is in for a rude awakening if he thinks this republicans are going to sign off on the bulk of this list.
on the bright side, is pretty much in line with dems already progressive platform.

The reality is that most black people want the same end result. The disagreements, even in this thread, are mostly about the best way to get there.

If we're speaking pragmatism here, cube is in for a rude awakening if he thinks this republicans are going to sign off on the bulk of this list. trump supporters def wont fly for most of this either.
And given the proximity to the election, Trump has nothing to lose by throwing it out there that Cube is working with them and delivering nothing on that list. Cube got played. However, he may have been trying to use this to raise his own visibility in pushing the CWBA. I think it’s nasty all around, though.

And given the proximity to the election, Trump has nothing to lose by throwing it out there that Cube is working with them and delivering nothing on that list. Cube got played. However, he may have been trying to use this to raise his own visibility in pushing the CWBA. I think it’s nasty all around, though.
Cube has done too much and is too smart to be falling into these youtube conspiracy holes and being used by the team that's prompting him to help create a contract. I hope he gets an introspective moment soon.

people who think ACB is a good choice are 1. partisans; 2. people who will personally benefit from her selection; or 3. people who do not really understand the Supreme Court's purpose

in better times or with a sane GOP, she wouldn't make the short list. she is an originalist. she purports to care about the "original understanding" of the meaning of various clauses, more than she cares about the text

she is on record insinuating that practicing law is a means to an end, and that end is to build the kingdom of God. she has said that Catholic judges "must adhere to their church's teachings" when making judgments

but hey.... at least she's more qualified than Bart O' Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch, and Clearance Thomas. the GOP stays blessing us with the finest

cube's contract is the antithesis of conservatism and present day republican politics though. this is the definition of big government. this is the definition of "identity politics". cubes plan is exactly what what white republican voters have been showing up in elections to make sure doesn't happen. ironically i dont think ice cube or trump realizes that.

cube's contract is the antithesis of conservatism and present day republican politics though. this is the definition of big government. this is the definition of "identity politics". cubes plan is exactly what what white republican voters have been showing up in elections to make sure doesn't happen. ironically i dont think ice cube or trump realizes that.
Yea, but at worst he brings some fringe conspiracy theory voters or low information Black male voters to vote for Trump. The Trumpists aren’t digging into the nuances of what Cube is proposing. Which is why Katrina Pierson threw that out there so quickly. They have nothing to lose right now. That’s why I’m saying he got played.

1DB9DCEC-4DEC-4DBE-B900-57F0E81B2530.jpeg

the “oh let’s all wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions” schtick has gotten old, and has set this country back 50 years because this administration normalized their lies as truths.
That's the thing it's been 4-5 years of Trump's M.O. Strut out a famous black face then dip on them, you'd have to be stupid to not recognize that. Steve Harvey get his housing initiative off the ground yet?

Yea, but at worst he brings some fringe conspiracy theory voters or low information Black male voters to vote for Trump. The Trumpists aren’t digging into the nuances of what Cube is proposing. Which is why Katrina Pierson threw that out there so quickly. They have nothing to lose right now. That’s why I’m saying he got played.

thats true. any really scrutiny would tell you that the GOP has been tearing up legislation that comes remotely close to this since bush's first term. its funny because alot of black and white conservatives have been coming to cubes defense becuause "cancel culture" but itll be funny to see how they react to what he wants from them lol

This episode features Obama. Listening right now, and I think it gives some insight into the how to get leverage in politics.

From this excerpt of the opinion, she called the word an “egregious racial epithet.”
Aren't you tired of platitudes? Your employer letting you know they think you're subhuman DOES make the work environment hostile.

thats true. any really scrutiny would tell you that the GOP has been tearing up legislation that comes remotely close to this since bush's first term. its funny because alot of black and white conservatives have been coming to cubes defense becuause "cancel culture" but itll be funny to see how they react to what he wants from them lol
They won’t even engage on the substance :lol:. Flies in the face of Small Govt, Blue Lives Matter and even acknowledging systemic racism.

Back
Top Bottom