***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Truly remarkable how hard many of us go at our own while supporting the old white guy that authored the crime bill.

Definitely watch the full video. Cube seems to be trying to punch above his weight, stepped into Thunderdome with a melon ball scooper, and has let his desperation get the best of him, but he's at least not going the Kanye route or the Candace Owens route.

It's a 37 minute video, and I get that it's a big time commitment. Cube basically is trying to pull a g move and take the sails out of the election by thinking that if he can make a deal with WHOEVER is going to be president, that then we (black people) will be set up regardless. So instead of hanging on these election results the next few three weeks, we'd theoretically feel like we already had what we needed in the way of a commitment to improve our condition.

What Cube is brushing by the wayside is the Trump administration is not truthful or reliable in any way. Cube thinks he's on some Don to Don **** but Alicia Garza (cofounder of Black Voters Matter) notes many times in her very collegial back-and-forths with Roland and Cube, that justice isn't hashed out over a boardroom table. She read Cube's contract with black america - both versions. She notes that Trump claims BLM is a terrorist organization. Cube says he disagrees and says if Trump thinks that, that's his own personal problem.

No bruh, that's our problem!! Whatever lie Trump or his administration convince you of first off isn't going to happen, but secondly even if it did, the more people he convinces that black people by simply saying their lives matter are 'terrorists', the more having that extra money for a loan or whatever, means nothing because people won't shop at your stores, won't see you as human, and those people will drift farther and farther from any kind of sense of a shared America with people who aren't white.

At the end of the day at least Cube isn't going the Kanye route. But he's in way way over his head. It's like what Krs said - Cube thinks he's an OG in politics, organizing and activism, and he's just a runner.
you pretty much nailed it. cube is way out of his depth on this and its clear he doesnt know much about the platforms hes trying to court. if he did hed realize hes asking for pretty radically progressive policy from republican standards, and that large swaths of what he wants is already in the dem platfrom in more progressive and more robust ways. hes opperating as if hes informed by facebook memes, which lets be real is pretty common for people his age (no ageism intended).

hes now being used as talking point by the party that wants to do the opposite of what his plan is. alot of the black conservatives i follow are like "see what the left and the media did to you? come on my show" as if they dont preach every single day that the kind of government expansion and reach cube would need for his plans to come true, is a bad thing and is bad for black people.

Truly remarkable how hard many of us go at our own while supporting the old white guy that authored the crime bill.
Back with the same bars. :lol:

You are a proud supporter of white supremacy, bigots, and champion racist policies that will harm black people

You go at your own people on the regular, just to defend a racist President.

In 2020, the author of the 1994 crime bill cares more about black people than you. That is how pathetic your behavior is.

You being black doesn't entitle you to other black people not pointing out how vile your views are.

Spare us the damn pearl clutching.

Back with the same bars. :lol:

You are a proud supporter of white supremacy, bigots, and champion racsit policies that will harm black people

You go at your own people on the regular, to defend a racist President.

In 2020, the author of the 1994 crime bill cares more about black people than you. That is how pathetic your behavior is.

You being black doesn't entitle you to other black people not pointing out how vile your views are.

Spare us.

Do you, I just made an observation.

You’ve gone harder on cube than you’ve gone on Biden. Same for Kanye.

atleast one side trying to fix the buffoonery they took part in in the past instead of doubling down and denying a problem exists
:smh:

I guess calling one of the arsonists to put out the fire could work.

But people highlighting that said arsonist didn’t “fix the buffoonery” in 4 plus decades certainly matters.

Blaming someone who’s been in office for 3 years for the state of the US while essentially absolving the man who’s held office for 4 plus decades for the current state is simply remarkable.

Delk is just like Tim Scott, week planned out like.

First Day: Look how people treat me because I am a black conservative, look at all the insults. I am the victim here.

Second Day: I vote yes on a policy to strip millions of black people of health insurance, and support cut to the social safety net which would massively hurt the black community

Third-Day: That progressive bill to help black people does too much, I will instead support this watered-down bill that will do the bare minimum. I deserve credit for supporting this.

Fourth: How dare someone say I am hostile to black people! That is unfair.

Fith Day: Yes I support appointing judges that will strip black folk of their voting rights.

Sixth Day: How dare you call me an Uncle Tom. I support bigots all the time and use my skin color as a shield to protect myself and the racist I support vile positions. But don't attack my character.

Seventh Day: *Enjoys a hot biscuit*

Last edited:

But people highlighting that said arsonist didn’t “fix the buffoonery” in 4 plus decades certainly matters.

Blaming someone who’s been in office for 3 years for the state of the US while essentially absolving the man who’s held office for 4 plus decades for the current state is simply remarkable.

What are you talking about? He is basically saying since you didn’t bend the Knee and kiss the ring, you can burn.

I bet he about faces this verbally and says something stupid like “I thought this was about tame fire, who needs help with that?!?” And then behind the scene limits the help to the point it’s just a talking point because he is a evil *******.

What about the Republican Party? You are voting a Republican down-ballot and they were on the tough on crime steez harder than Biden

Second, Biden did try to fix things before. The GOP blocked those efforts

Third, you like to dismiss Trump as being **** too during that era because he didn't hold public office.

You just love to ignore facts that contradict your bad faith nonsense arguments.

A good chunk of people voting for Biden have criticized him for the Crime Bill. However, it was 26 years ago :lol:

Do I think he has realistically had a drastic change in his views on crime reform and law enforcement since then? Not really. But the rebuttal to "look at all the buffoonery Trump has committed since 2016" can't be responded with "but what about what Biden did in 1994???"

What about the Republican PArty? You are voting Republican down-ballot and they were on the tough on crime steez harder than Biden

Second, Biden did try to fix things before. The GOP blocked those efforts

Third, you like to dismiss Trump as being **** too during that era because he didn't hold public office.

You just love to ignore facts that contradict your bad faith nonsense arguments.

The Republicans can be trash too. You’ve created a narrative where I am defending the GOP—I’m not.

The entire basis of my argument for Trump was to get watered-down bills past an otherwise obstructive GOP.

In your world, a nice policy proposal that doesn’t get passed is better than a watered-down bill that doesn’t go far enough. We fundamentally disagree on this point.

If the Dems controlled the senate, house, and Biden was in office then this would be a different conversation.

A good chunk of people voting for Biden have criticized him for the Crime Bill. However, it was 26 years ago :lol:

Do I think he has realistically had a drastic change in his views on crime reform and law enforcement since then? Not really. But the rebuttal to "look at all the buffoonery Trump
has committed since 2016" can't be responded with "but what about what Biden did in 1994???"

No the rebuttal to black folks going in on other black folks is “you really doing all this while proudly supporting the author of the crime bill?”

This convo wasn’t about Trump but going in on our own, Cube and Kanye, in a way that folks don’t go in on others.

If I was going in on Kanye and Cube but proudly supporting Trump it’d be the same nonsense.

No the rebuttal to black folks going in on other black folks is “you really doing all this while proudly supporting the author of the crime bill?”

This convo wasn’t about Trump but going in on our own, Cube and Kanye, in a way that folks don’t go in on others.

If I was going in on Kanye and Cube but proudly supporting Trump it’d be the same nonsense.
The problem with your asinine reach is that nearly everyone in this thread that is supporting him for the general, was critical of him all through the primaries.

If you are just making an observation, it is a bull**** one.

The Crime Bill was passed at a time in American history where the public was vocally stating that there was a true sense of fear when it came to the rise in violence at the time. So the issue of violence had to be addressed in some way. it was a trash bill but any bill the republicans proposed would've been just as trash and everyone would instead say "oh remember when [republican senator] passed that terrible crime bill in 94??"

Any republican that opposed the bill back then was either against it because they disagreed with the budget amount or because they didn't like the gun ban that was included in the bill. Biden even addressed it after the bill was originally shot down and said if he didn't include any type of gun ban, it would've been passed day one.

And a lot of those republicans in the house and senate are still in office and supporting Trump so don't point fingers at one side being anti-Black because of that crime bill when you're okay with the same exact perspectives shared on the other side.

I spent all of 2019 saying I wished both Biden and Bernie were not running for President. But the Trump-supporting, GOP voting, social safety net cutting, voter suppression championing troll want to act like I am the one going after black people.
Yeah, this is one of his more pathetic attempts to revise history. Anyone that's been active in this topic should remember what you were posting about these old white fools.

This is also rich coming from the person that went harder at people on NT for believing that Roy Moore was guilty of sexual assault allegations than he ever did with all of the instances of Trump actually supporting the erosion of due process.

absolutely. especially when that prior arsonist runs on anti arsin platform, and that platform has shifted towards antiarson politics. meanwhile the other side, also complicit in setting the fire continues to set fires while hindering the anti arsonists from putting them out.

this would be a good argument if the world was the same place it was 40 years ago and if that arsonist from the 90s crime bill's party hasnt shifted significantly more progressively because data, and studies, and also being in rooms with black people have shown that "the buffoonery" isnt the way to go. if youre against arson, why wouldnt you go with a reformed arsonist party over the party that is still in favor of arson as well as blocking anti arson reform?

the last 3 years is just continued buffoonery of the past 40 from that mans party

now to drop the annologies.
if you want to defend conservative ideas and ideals, go for it. im sure plenty hold some as well. and if thats why you vote how you vote than all the power to you. but for someone who talks about pragmatism so much, lets stop pretending like an increasingly progressive party isnt going come and be just that, progressive. you consistently push this narrative that voting for joe biden is some how absolving him of the type of politics dems and repubs engaged in back in the 90s conveniently ignoring the states of the present day party. and then conveniently leave out the "law and order" bs that republicans consistently call back to the crime bill era for their talking points. we can all have beef with the 1994 joe biden, while recognizing that since them his party has been solidly anti crime bill politics for the past 20 years. meanwhile the the GOP and the tea party have been obstructionists and regressivists to nearly all of the dem attempts to fix problems instead of providing actual conservative solutions to the problems black people face. so lets just cut sh*t. were like 20 something days out from the election and Katrina Pierson and trump has spoken less about the platinum plan than you have in this thread.

Last edited:
The Crime Bill was passed at a time in American history where the public was vocally stating that there was a true sense of fear when it came to the rise in violence at the time. So the issue of violence had to be addressed in some way. it was a trash bill but any bill the republicans proposed would've been just as trash and everyone would instead say "oh remember when [republican senator] passed that terrible crime bill in 94??"

Any republican that opposed the bill back then was either against it because they disagreed with the budget amount or because they didn't like the gun ban that was included in the bill. Biden even addressed it after the bill was originally shot down and said if he didn't include any type of gun ban, it would've been passed day one.

And a lot of those republicans in the house and senate are still in office and supporting Trump so don't point fingers at one side being anti-Black because of that crime bill when you're okay with the same exact perspectives shared on the other side.
The CBC help save the bill in Congress because the midterms were coming up, and the Republicans were promising to push for an even more draconian bill without any of the good things it included.

Clinton was set on signing a Crime Bill, if it was something the Republicans wrote and the conservative Dems agreed to, it would have been worse.

Back
Top Bottom