***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It says something that when you look your best, you still look disgusting. Dude wore pipe print slacks. YUCK

perplexing...

One could say it's a bit...concerning even

susan-collins.png

While I mostly respect both Willie D & Cube, and I appreciate Willie D's ability to challenge Cube in an indirect way that might get him to change his ways of thinking without taking it as an affront and just rebelling against the advice, it's just so much deeper than gets realized here.

I think at least Willie D gets that it's going to take much more, because he brought up that Trump is basically a stone cold liar who can't be trusted in the slightest. He relays that to Cube in a backhanded compliment that is hilarious. But it's also kind of true that at least Cube tried.

But we're not at the "at least try" stage of the game. And Cube's answers on how you hold politicians accountable are woefully vague. I respect that he's in the game, but to me it's like walking onto the floor at an NBA game and thinking that you can just run up and down the court and be good. It's like those people that have no idea of the plays that are run, of the considerations taking place, and of all the hard work that went into being in that position in the first place. It's complex. It's detailed. And you have to know, even if not comprehensively, at least generally, the history of laws, procedures, and governmental systems.

To hear that Chris Broussard is one of the coauthors of the Contract with Black America.....

mannnn

I remember seeing a news report awhile back about how the student loan forgiveness program took advantage of all these people that followed the guidelines needed to have their loan paid off.

There were teachers that went into high crime and/or low income areas to teach because it would make them eligible for loan forgiveness and when the time period was fulfilled the DOE would be like "oh. You forgot to fill out this form 10 years ago so you're not qualified"

While I mostly respect both Willie D & Cube, and I appreciate Willie D's ability to challenge Cube in an indirect way that might get him to change his ways of thinking without taking it as an affront and just rebelling against the advice, it's just so much deeper than gets realized here.

saw some interview somewhere where the point was that trying to embarrass folks isn't going to make them change their mind. they'll just double down and go find an echo chamber where they can be accepted as opposed to being publicly shamed for being stupid. I don't endorse coddling idiots, but it's something to think about.

there's a netflix doc, dirty money, on kushner that outlines this. they hit people with the late fee + legal fees, and any future money paid by the tenant pays down late fees + legal fees before paying down rent. 1k rent late turns into 1,375 in unpaid rent and fees. you pay 1k next month and the first 375 pays down the fees so you're perpetually in the hole. true scumbags.

Back
Top Bottom