***Official Political Discussion Thread***

the only thing Whitlock needs to worry about is snacks.

...and strong winds

Whitlock-Hair.jpg

lol im not taking the bait, It's 2021, Lamelo ball is cooking.

im have no more serious online political commentary left in me besides jokes.
:lol: I wasn't to baiting you. I'm pointing something out, at most I was just making a joke at your expense.

I mean you even cited dude during your month-long tirade

-BTW, you lied to me. I convinced my company to pay for a sub to Matt's Substack and that **** is mid. Noah Smith and eric Levitz dropping way better content for free.

I will be sending you an invoice for my pain and suffering.

:lol: I wasn't to baiting you. I'm pointing something out, at most I was just making a joke at your expense.

I mean you even cited dude during your month-long tirade

-BTW, you lied to me. I convinced my company to pay for a sub to Matt's Substack and that **** is mid. Noah Smith and eric Levitz dropping way better content for free.

I will be sending you an invoice for my pain and suffering.

my apologies.

Noah Smith is too much of a nice guy,
I need my econ takes seasoned with flippant antisocial *** hole tone. :pimp:

my apologies.

Noah Smith is too much of a nice guy,
I need my econ takes seasoned with flippant antisocial *** hole tone. :pimp:
When it comes to political takes I think Noah is better than Matt. Even though I don't agree with all his arguments, Eric Levitz essays are very well reasoning and insightful, and I think he is better than both Noah and Matt when it comes to politicalal analysis.

Both are up on public policy and have insightful takes but I think Smith's formal econ training, teaching history, and research kinda puts him way ahead of Matt on econ.

I used to browse Matt's Twitter for links for white papers and other stuff, but now it is annoying having to scroll past all his trolling. Matt is about to turn 40 this year, ole boy gotta realize at some point the spending his days being an edgelord on Twitter in hopes of pissing off some 20 something-year-old progressive is not a good look. Go spend time with your son brah. :lol:

Smith's Twitter is better reading, but Noah Smith's obsession with rabbits kinda weird though. I know he is white, but c'mon famb. Like Teanna still doing flyouts, spend your time and money on something more productive my guy.

Last edited:
When it comes to political takes I think Noah is better than Matt. I think Matt like to kinda straw mans what is the consensus among progressive and liberal circles to make his arguments hold more weight. Eric Levitz has really impressed me over the past year. Even though I don't agree with all his arguments, his essays are very well reasoning and insightful.

Both are up on public policy and have insightful takes but I think Smith's formal econ training, teaching history, and research kinda puts him way ahead of Matt on econ.

Matt is about to turn 40 this year, ole boy gotta realize at some point the spending his days being an edgelord on Twitter in hopes of pissing off some 20 something-year-old progressives is not a good look. Go spend time with your son brah. :lol:

Noah Smith's obsession with rabbits kinda weird though. I know he is white, but c'mon famb. Like Teanna still doing flyouts, spend your time and money on something more productive my guy.

Kidding aside,

I think twitter has made modern political take marketplace incentivise conformism.
so it makes Yglesias anodyne center left political takes written in a sometimes *** hole-y tone seem more edgelord than they actually are.

Back
Top Bottom