***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I mean make fun of the older white educated voter all you want but they vote with their wallets a lot of time. Meaning tax cuts ring in their ears because they are usually on fixed income. High fixed income but still fixed nonetheless. Are there other circumstances like closet racism that plays with it too sure. But don’t discount how big taxes are on decision making.

And the Democratic Party didn’t help that they put hiliary as their candidate, a polarizing figure. I blame the Democratic Party for trump because they shoved hiliary down our throats when they knew so many people didn’t just dislike her but hated her. You can’t do that when a state might be decided by 10k swing voters who voted on that topic alone.

If Bernie had been the nominee, he would have had the same forces unleashed on him that made Hillary Clinton so polarizing and disliked by conservatives. If Bernie Sanders had been the nominee in 2016, the racism of the conservative base, the noise of the conservative media, the donor money and the fake scandal mill in the Congress would have worked to delegitimize Sanders. In no time, the median conservative voter would dislike Sanders just as much as they dislike Clinton.

Bernie only has high favorables with lots of white voters because he was running against Clinton in 2016. If Bernie had been the nominee, he'd have been receiving the support of roughly the same voting blocs that put Barack Obama into office. By election day, Sanders would be seen, by conservatives, the same way that Clinton was. He'd be seen as "soft on crime", "pro welfare" and opposed the interests of "real Americans." In other words, he'd be seen as aiding black criminality, aiding black indolence and opposing the durability of white super majorities, respectively.

Now I think that Bernie and his brand of politics can mobilize non voters and that maybe would have let him do better in those upper Midwestern States but it's hard to see Sanders doing much differently among white voters, who have already voted in several elections. The Democratic Party needs to change but one thing it should not do is change its leaders in hopes that their new leaders will change the minds of conservative voters.

If Bernie had been the nominee, he would have had the same forces unleashed on him that made Hillary Clinton so polarizing and disliked by conservatives. If Bernie Sanders had been the nominee in 2016, the racism of the conservative base, the noise of the conservative media, the donor money and the fake scandal mill in the Congress would have worked to delegitimize Sanders. In no time, the median conservative voter would dislike Sanders just as much as they dislike Clinton.

Bernie only has high favorables with lots of white voters because he was running against Clinton in 2016. If Bernie had been the nominee, he'd have been receiving the support of roughly the same voting blocs that put Barack Obama into office. By election day, Sanders would be seen, by conservatives, the same way that Clinton was. He'd be seen as "soft on crime", "pro welfare" and opposed the interests of "real Americans." In other words, he'd be seen as aiding black criminality, aiding black indolence and opposing the durability of white super majorities, respectively.

Now I think that Bernie and his brand of politics can mobilize non voters and that maybe would have let him do better in those upper Midwestern States but it's hard to see Sanders doing much differently among white voters, who have already voted in several elections. The Democratic Party needs to change but one thing it should not do is change its leaders in hopes that their new leaders will change the minds of conservative voters.
Dems gotta run Stone Cold Steve Austin in 2020.

Meanwhile on Fox News...

I am increasingly getting worried about the things the right wing media is saying to maintain the illusion that they are right and this is a witch Hunt.

Media has been used before to orchestrate mass killings.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Télévision_Libre_des_Mille_Collines

"
Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines(RTLM) was a Rwandan radio station which broadcast from July 8, 1993 to July 31, 1994. It played a significant role during the April–July 1994 Rwandan Genocide.

The station's name is French for "Thousand Hills Free Radio and Television", deriving from the description of Rwanda as "Land of a Thousand Hills". It received support from the government-controlled Radio Rwanda, which initially allowed it to transmit using their equipment.[1]

• Widely listened to by the general population, it projected racist propaganda against Tutsis, moderate Hutus, Belgians, and the United Nations mission UNAMIR. It is widely regarded by many Rwandan citizens (a view also shared and expressed by the UN war crimes tribunal) as having played a crucial role in creating the atmosphere of charged racial hostility that allowed the genocide to occur. A study by a Harvard University researcher estimates that 9.9% of the participation in the genocidal violence was due to the broadcasts. The estimate of the study suggests that approximately 51,000 deaths were caused by the station's broadcasts.[2] A working paper published at Harvard University found that RTLM broadcasts were an important part of the process of mobilising the population, which complemented the mandatory Umuganda meetings.[3]

And you people who live... near Rugunga... go out. You will see the cockroaches' (inkotanyi) straw huts in the marsh... I think that those who have guns should immediately go to these cockroaches... encircle them and kill them..."
Kantano Habimana on RTLM, April 12, 1994[4]

Planning for RTLM begun in 1992 by Hutu hard-liners, in response to the increasingly non-partisan stance of Radio Rwanda and growing popularity of Rwandan Patriotic Front's (RPF) Radio Muhabura.[5] RTLM was established the next year, and began broadcasting in July 1993.[6] The station railed against the on-going peace talks between the predominantly Tutsi RPF and President Juvenal Habyarimana, whose family supported the radio station.[7][8] It became a popular station since it offered frequent contemporary musical selections, unlike state radio, and quickly developed a faithful audience among youth-aged Rwandans, who later made up the bulk of the Interahamwemilitia.

The station is considered to have preyed upon the deep animosities and prejudices of many Hutus. The hateful rhetoric was placed alongside the sophisticated use of humor and popular Zairean music. It frequently referred to Tutsis as "cockroaches" (example: "You [Tutsis] are cockroaches! We will kill you!").

After Habyarimana's private plane was shot down on April 6, 1994, RTLM joined the chorus of voices blaming Tutsi rebels, and began calling for a "final war" to "exterminate" the Tutsi. The code word was 'cut down the tall trees'.[8] RTLM played classical music in the time immediately after the crash.

During the Genocide, the RTLM acted as a source for propaganda by inciting hatred and violence against Tutsis, against Hutus who were for the peace accord, against Hutus who married Tutsis, and by advocating the annihilation of all Tutsis in Rwanda. The RTLM reported the latest massacres, victories, and political event in a way that promoted their anti-Tutsi agenda. In an attempt to dehumanize and degrade, the RTLM consistently referred to Tutsis and the RPF as 'cockroaches' during their broadcasts.[13] The music of Hutu Simon Bikindi was played frequently. He had two songs, Bene Sebahinzi(Sons of the Father of the Farmers), and Nanga Abahutu (I Hate Hutus), which were later interpreted as inciting hatred and genocide.[14]

One of the major reasons that RTLM was so successful in communication was because other forms of news sources such as televisions and newspapers were not able to be as popularized because of lack of resources. In addition to this communication barrier, areas where there was high rates of illiteracy and lack of education amongst the citizens remain some of the most violent areas during the genocide.
"

It's fitting that a woman should be the one to lead to his downfall

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-intel-info-than-almost-all-white-house-staff

The Washington Post reports that Kushner, whose portfolio encompasses issues ranging from the Middle East peace process to modernizing the federal government’s use of technology, has put in more requests for U.S. intelligence information than any White House staffer not working for the National Security Council.

Kushner holds a Top Secret/sensitive compartmented information (SCI) security clearance, the highest level, which allows him to review some of the nation’s most closely-guarded secrets and allows him access to the presidential daily briefing, according to the Post.

ADVERTISEMENT
He is one of reportedly dozens of White House officials who have been operating with temporary clearances during Trump’s first year in office, and his clearance could be in jeopardy following chief of staff John Kelly’s changes to the clearance process, the Post said.

Im no Trump supporter....but jus the thought of waking up to the news that my lawyers office has been raided aaaand they took some papers with my name on them...would hav me on life support....and the ish is on tv....Trump got mike bibby ice in his veins

Im no Trump supporter....but jus the thought of waking up to the news that my lawyers office has been raided aaaand they took some papers with my name on them...would hav me on life support....and the ish is on tv....Trump got mike bibby ice in his veins

This ain't the first time dude has fought the law and lost

This a decades old thing now

Like most rich people he doesn't think the rules really apply to him.. or his doesn't know them

In chapter 444 of the White House Apprentice another contestant has dropped out
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-security-adviser-tom-bossert-said-to-resign
Trump Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert to Resign
President Donald Trump’s homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert, will resign at the request of new National Security Adviser John Bolton, a person familiar with the matter said.
Bossert has served in the White House since Trump’s inauguration. He’s been a key adviser to the president on cybersecurity and headed up the White House’s response to major hurricanes that struck Texas, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands last year.
But he resisted a reorganization of the National Security Council last year that made him subordinate to the national security adviser, then H.R. McMaster, the person said.

Bossert, who was brought into the Trump administration by campaign adviser David Bossie, was regarded as an effective and professional figure by colleagues in the West Wing, especially after his handling of the storm response, a second person familiar with the matter said. He also had a good rapport with Trump and knew how to communicate with the president.

But he lacked the star power of other top administration officials or the military credentials of the generals Trump appointed as chief of staff and national security adviser, the person said. He was passed over to replace McMaster, further diminishing his clout.

Bossert is the second high-ranking national security official to leave the White House since Bolton began his job on Monday, following Michael Anton, a spokesman for the National Security Council. Anton’s resignation was announced on Sunday; he’ll leave the post at a future date that hasn’t been announced.

“The President is grateful for Tom’s commitment to the safety and security of our great country,” Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said. “Tom led the White House’s efforts to protect the homeland from terrorist threats, strengthen our cyber defenses, and respond to an unprecedented series of natural disasters. President Trump thanks him for his patriotic service and wishes him well.”

I say this as a Lakers fan....

If Trump is Mike Bibby, Mueller finna do him like those game 6 refs....Make fair an legal calls, that eventually leads to his downfall.

No reason to be on life support if you and ya lawyer wasn't up to no sketchy ****. And if you and your lawyer doing something illegal you better hope he isn't dumb enough to keep it at his legal job lol

Almost everyone who played a role in that raid was either appointed by Trump himself or a member of Trump's party.
Mueller: Republican, appointed by a Republican Trump appointee
Rosenstein: Republican appointed by Trump
Manhattan US attorney: Personally interviewed and appointed by Trump
FBI Director Wray: Republican appointed by Trump

Whoever appointed these deep state plants needs to be fired asap

Back
Top Bottom