***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't think the administration's response was disastrous.
Trump ignored intelligence about China's deception for almost 2 months, praised China for their 'transparency' and blatantly lied over and over again about the virus and his administration's response. CDC caused a delay in testing kits because they screwed up their test and Trump proceeded to somehow blame Obama for the broken coronavirus tests. Kushner's coronavirus taskforce was plagued by incompetence. Trump conditioned helping states on governors having to sufficiently praise him.

Just in the past week alone, the WH buried a CDC report and the Press Secretary then lied about it. The Office of Special Counsel made a preliminary determination that there are reasonable grounds to believe that an HHS whistleblower, a top vaccine official, faced retaliation in violation of whistleblower protection law.

Last edited:
Trump ignored intelligence about China's deception for almost 2 months, praised China for their 'transparency' and blatantly lied over and over again about the virus and his administration's response. CDC caused a delay in testing kits because they screwed up their test and Trump proceeded to somehow blame Obama for the broken coronavirus tests. Kushner's coronavirus taskforce was plagued by incompetence. Trump conditioned helping states on governors having to sufficiently praise him.

Just in the past week, the WH buried a CDC report and the Press Secretary then lied about it. The Office of Special Counsel made a preliminary determination that there are reasonable grounds to believe that an HHS whistleblower, a top vaccine official, faced retaliation in violation of whistleblower protection law.

Not to mention disbanded the coronavirus task force when the cases are still increasing every day so they can act like it’s no longer an issue all the while people in the black community die at higher rates than the rest of the US

I'm just talking the current administration. If we go back to the 90s, then we start talking Joe Biden who is referred to as the architect of modern mass incarceration.

But he's not a republican, he's the Democratic candidate.
But even in response to the protest against police brutality against blacks he equivalated (new word & equivalent to equated) the ppl protesting to neo nazi hate groups. You don't think bills passed are meant or will even fully benefit ppl that look like u like they should do u? Those bills more than likely have a direct correlation w/ the "opioid epandemic" massively effecting white communities.

But even in response to the protest against police brutality against blacks he equivalated (new word & equivalent to equated) the ppl protesting to neo nazi hate groups. You don't think bills passed are meant or will even fully benefit ppl that look like u like they should do u? Those bills more than likely have a direct correlation w/ the "opioid epandemic" massively effecting white communities.

He denounced white supremacy, racists, racism and those hate groups. Multiple times.

So I disagree with equivalent/equate stuff.

Those bills are a first step. And while I get your point re: opioid epidemic, these measures certainly impact the black community a great deal.

There’s also been increased HBCU funding under this administration.

Last edited:
He denounced white supremacy, racist, racism and those hate groups. Multiple times.

Those bills are a first step. And while I get your point re: opioid epidemic, these measures certainly impact the black community a great deal.

There’s also been increased HBCU funding under this administration.
He also said the people at the Unite the Right rally were great people, has called mexicans rapists and only some are good people, commonly refers to himself as “the least racist person” which in itself means he is racist. He’s been a main proponent of Birtherism, called Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas, and also asked a judge to recuse himself from case looking into Trump U because he was mexican. Also Trump made cuts to the TRIO Program which helps low income students transition to higher education and provide them with proper resources. But yea i get what you’re saying b

1. He denounced white supremacy, racists, racism and those hate groups. Multiple times.

2. Those bills are a first step. And while I get your point re: opioid epidemic, these measures certainly impact the black community a great deal.

3. There’s also been increased HBCU funding under this administration.
1. eh, reluctance after pushback.
2. this is a wait & see kinda thing.
3. a there's quite a bit of contradiction from the trump administration in doing that. kinda stop & go ish:

Well this is needlessly disturbing and provocative, but wait.....

0CDD4141-D309-4325-830C-F2EA02B744B9.gif

Like when? Was it when the administration supported and argued to strike down the ACA’s pre-existing condition provision?

Or was it when Trump said this?
"If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!"
I posted the links above.
You yourself have said action is more important than words. Trump’s actions have been to repeal the ACA’s pre-existing condition provision without a replacement and to ask the SC to strike down that provision, as well as the entirety of the ACA.

What you linked is lip service that does not line up withhis actions and a vast majority of congressional Republicans likewise supported repealing the pre-existing condition provision without any replacement.

When Trump says he cares about pre-existing conditions, he’s lying, as evidenced by the multiple actions to end the pre-existing coverage provision.

And even in the Republican ACA replacement plan (AHCA), the bill makes it so those with pre-existing conditions can’t be denied health insurance, however the bill also eliminated the cap on how much extra money insurers could charge those people. In other words, Republicans’ best effort still weakened coverage for pre-existing conditions established under the ACA.

Last edited:
A07D10AF-2F7D-4F63-9808-5E4E10AC2F7E.jpeg

Dude really misspelled “tap” :rofl::rofl:

All things being equal, it’s better to have a scientist as your country chief executive than a reality show grifter, during a pandemic.

However, Germany better experience with COVID is a result of German workers having more power than American workers. Germany workers, including lower wage and lower status workers’ health, safety and happiness plays a bigger role in German politics than the health, safety and happiness of American workers plays in American politics.

This place has become a great stumbling block for a people who have long sought out my heart. The wickedness each has continued to sew forth has been bound up in His righteousness. Therefore use your wisdom’s instruction and repent of all your sorcery and seek from henceforth His abounding glory. Your trusted leaders have already surrendered, so turn up your palms and take alms to pay your debts.

Back
Top Bottom