***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’m ready. The change we’ve been waiting for is finally here. The Lord has spoken, the son of His Right Hand has awoken! Rejoice O’ Zion, your true glory has been concealed from you. Yet, soon all Truth will be revealed unto you!

Some of the names I'm reading in that article make me very uneasy. If a spoon were running against Trump, I would want it to win, but I'm not sure if I would support it if it had GOP engraved on its backside.

From the above op-ed, Kravis rightfully notes that the Stone and Flynn cases are the only times Barr's DOJ has ever taken such actions.
Indeed, Barr demands that his US Attorneys seek maximum possible penalties against all drug offenders, including triggering mandatory minimums. Sessions implemented those sentencing instructions, Barr maintained them. He expressed great outrage at how "excessive" Stone's guideline sentence was, yet Barr has never questioned seeking maximum sentences and mandatory minimums against low level non-violent drug offenders. Barr also likes to spend time in public speeches repeatedly attacking "so-called progressive DA's" for not always throwing the whole book at defendants.

8ab64f4614390f4ab69d8243f903313c.png

33903c330af540afed23834f43753ca4.png

31c6cd6ec34b8c738e7246c6a9a80926.png

41e85894bbcc6f8b45e44057fa4893ef.png

36c0d203f0b4135efa12179cee19e137.png

this reckoning is fantastic to watch. the replies to that tweet alone show exactly why 70% of black people can identify with conservative but dont identify as republican.
Black people's conservatism is strong work ethic, access to guns, and a commitment to some religious and capitalist values.

They still see the miscarriages of justice and know, deep inside themselves, that the victim of the day could have been them, and no amount of display of those conservative values would save them. The ones who join the GOP are those who delude themselves into thinking that their 401k will save them from this justice system. Ol' girl's photo op with Steve King shows that Black republicans don't get it.

Oprah was already known and wealthy when she was given the "you can't afford that" treatment in a luxury shop.

James Blake was already known when he was tackled in front of a hotel by an undercover cop because "he fit the profile."

Back
Top Bottom