***Official Political Discussion Thread***

God I DESPISE this man
dead.png

I might turn this on if we're already seeing this kind of **** less than 30 minutes in.

I'll say Biden's answers on Bi-partisanship are whatever. Those ships have sailed and I hope his team around him gets that thought out of his head.

Trump didn't create this hyper-partisanship wave

I don't come in this thread enough to know if this is a serious comment. I really hope not.
Republicans have been stacking the courts since 2010.
Barrett was nominated and confirmed to a seat (in a lower court) that would have been filled by Obama if McConnell hadn't blocked that nominee for a year.

At the end of Obama's second term, McConnell's obstruction resulted in 120 vacant seats that were promptly filled as soon as Trump won. Furthermore, they've been trying to convince older right-leaning judges to step down in order to nominate younger conservative judges.

The result?

1/4 of the judicial seats in the country have been appointed by conservatives in the last 4 years.

McCain and the rest of the GOP floated the idea to keep the SC at 8, and some even proposed to shrink the Supreme Court if Hillary won the elections of 2016.
Tom Cotton, republican of Arkansas introduced a bill to shrink the number of judges in the DC circuit court.

The idea is not new, and Republicans have acted upon it enough times that they can't call foul if Democrats decide to explore that option.

Back
Top Bottom