***Official Political Discussion Thread***

We built different
tenor.gif

black people really wishing illness & physical harm on each other over two wealthy white men who both have no respect for the black community, it shouldn't be this serious :lol: .

Not wishing illness on anybody but I don't stand with ****s.

Miss me with equally with the kumbaya and the both sides are the same stuff. :lol:

Any **** that openly supports white supremacist leaders and their talking points has no standing in the community or in the diaspora.

They are not a part of the collective.

I haven’t seen a one term president in my lifetime (born in 94). Hopefully I see my first one now but got me thinking that no chance Biden is a two term if he holds on :lol: gon be back to back one term presidents

dude is gon be 83 when the next election rolls around

Don’t Think It Is His Intent To Be.

He Was The Best Layover Option Until 2024 Assuming By Then They’d Have Had 8 Years To Build A Viable Candidate.

I hope that we never have to hear Latinos or Hispanics referred to as a single bloc.

Latino Caribbeans and white Central and South Americans, on the one hand, vote like white native born Americans and the indigenous and partially indigenous communities, from Mexico and Central America, vote like black native born Americans.

We'll see. Not convinced yet that anyone is voting "like black native born Americans" besides black Americans.

Not wishing illness on anybody but I don't stand with ****s.

Miss me with equally with the kumbaya and the both sides are the same stuff. :lol:

Any **** that openly supports white supremacist leaders and their talking points has no standing in the community or in the diaspora.

They are not a part of the collective.

“All your skin folk ain’t your kinfolk.” -ZNH

if biden wins but republicans maintain the senate, it will be interesting to see the spin when the house and/or biden lobby for meaningful pro-black legislation and the senate says no.

if biden wins but republicans maintain the senate, it will also be interesting to hear that the senate actively opposing meaningful pro-black legislation would not have opposed similar meaningful legislation under trump or would have been withdrawn their opposition due to some magical "unique ability".
Truth is he won't present one for them to reject if he actually ran on this the would be over in a blowout smh

black people really wishing illness & physical harm on each other over two wealthy white men who both have no respect for the black community, it shouldn't be this serious :lol: .
This is ain’t it. :lol: He’s been in here for month pushing dangerous rhetoric and stereotypes about BLACK PEOPLE. Trump is just a symptom, but Delk is infected with the disease of white supremacy. Trying to simplify this as being about Trump or Biden is as if you haven’t been in the thread consistently to see his behavior over the last few years — which you obviously haven’t been. I’m purely concerned about harm to Black folks, which he has been complicit at best, and staunch supporter on his worst days to.

We’ve seen this play out already. Which is the fear I described.

The GOP-led senate blocked a version of the First Step Act under President Obama but passed a similar piece of legislation under Trump’s

You've often mentioned that the dems don't "deserve the black vote" because they campaign to black voters but don't produce results for black voters. This worldview plainly ignores the GOP obstruction that you concede occurs. Meanwhile, you support the GOP who only gives you watered down versions of the democrats legislation that you want.

While you withhold dems support in hopes they go out and earn it, it seems like you're signaling to GOP that you're content with watered down legislation. the GOP has little to no incentive to pass full legislative measures you want because the GOP doesn't campaign on any pro-black issues. The GOP doesn't need your vote because they have plenty of white americans already voting for them. Your vote isn't in their calculus. It's not their grand prize. It's more like finding loose change in the couch. Happy to find it, but they're not going to flip the couch over for pennies.

I sum up your position being somewhere within "I'll vote for the GOP and accept watered down scraps of democratic legislation I want. I won't vote for democrats because I fear that the GOP will block better versions of legislation I want and now I won't even get watered down scraps." You're willing to accept something over nothing without realizing that the something you get now comes with strings designed to make it harder for you in the future. You're treating the symptoms but not the disease. You're putting a band-aid on a bullet wound.

It is pretty telling that almost every time that a minimum wage increase is on the ballot, voters in those States approve it even in otherwise deep red states.

Im not saying that going left on economic issues is a panacea. At the same time, to the extent that the electorate leans right, it’s not on economic issues. It would be good practice for every Democrat running for office to embrace higher minimum wage no matter where they are running,

Back
Top Bottom