***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think they are underestimating how many conservatives moved to Florida in the last few years. Desantis will not play well outside of Florida, and most of the country looks down on Florida.... Because it's considered *** backward. Not to mention gerrymandering ain't going to save him in most states.

dat music

I live in Harrisburg (MAGA country). Went to go vote at my polling center (at a church ironically) and the church was pretty much endorsing red across the board (no blue signs on their property). They even had people at the door handing out fliers for Mastriano.

I think they are underestimating how many conservatives moved to Florida in the last few years. Desantis will not play well outside of Florida, and most of the country looks down on Florida.... Because it's considered *** backward.

South Florida was always the cool and regular place in Florida. As some who went to college and grad school in South Florida I know it very well. Loved it.

The number one reason DeSantis won Palm Beach County, Broward County, and especially Miami-Dade is because Latinos (especially Cubans) have been falling for the misinformation campaign the GOP/Trump have been forcing down their throats the last 6 years.

Cubans now think everyone who aren’t Republicans are communists. It’s ridiculous. They’ve gone off the end a while ago.

This jackass was a President

i wonder who would spend years of their life not only supporting that man but openly defending him.

and being openly incapable of calling him a racist, rapist or even simply a criminal in spite of all the evidence provided..

even going as far as to support and defend pedos..

Last edited:
Kornacki making me optimistic about Nevada lmaoo
355ECB73-6B7B-4C8F-86DA-B3DAE2A1D454.jpeg

I was saying this with the last election, the old ways of polling always gon be off cuz they not reaching the young folks n a lotta of other demographics…I don’t know anybody my age or even older but from round my way that’s been polled :lol: :smh:

Yea if you talk to 70% of older white folks from the south and Midwest of course you’ll predict a “red wave”

someone needs to start a polling company and just poll young people at malls, concerts and college campus. they make a killing

honestly the media doesnt want the opininon of young people because they are more progressive and that would cut into the messaging of high crime trickle down econ and other stuff they like to push

if they listen to the young folks, they will have to acknowledge that progressives are the future, and the republicans are just loud minority trying to keep the status quo. So, in a way for pollsters to make money they choose to ignore the youth and spit the same narrative of whatever the media is talking about. Also, depends on phrasing of questions.

someone needs to start a polling company and just poll young people at malls, concerts and college campus. they make a killing

honestly the media doesnt want the opininon of young people because they are more progressive and that would cut into the messaging of high crime trickle down econ and other stuff they like to push

if they listen to the young folks, they will have to acknowledge that progressives are the future, and the republicans are just loud minority trying to keep the status quo. So, in a way for pollsters to make money they choose to ignore the youth and spit the same narrative of whatever the media is talking about. Also, depends on phrasing of questions.

You are missing on key read though. As people get older, many tend to turn more right as their income goes up. It’s not just an income phenomenon but many more issues. Some of these baby boomers today who we hate were blue liberals at one point of their lives. Now the question is, how do we keep millennials and gen z voting blue as they age. I already see some of my fellow millennials turning red as they reach 34+.

I cant wait until the media final starts asking republicans real questions about trump since that’s where the shift will go

and trump will turn on them for not being blindly loyal

Let all these trump people that got hired onto these various right wing entities go at it with the establishment folks who want to shift elsewhere and pretend trump doesn’t exist

1668002390078.gif

You are missing on key read though. As people get older, many tend to turn more right as their income goes up. It’s not just an income phenomenon but many more issues. Some of these baby boomers today who we hate were blue liberals at one point of their lives. Now the question is, how do we keep millennials and gen z voting blue as they age. I already see some of my fellow millennials turning red as they reach 34+.

This is true but i think young voices aren't heard then when they get older it magically seems the conservative opinions resonate with them. The key is to get young people progressive issues accepted and acknowledged then as they age up its possible they too will want the same for the next generation. we ignore the youth and then the conservatives suck them up with fear and whatever the F to make them too become reactionary dumb nuts.

I say that to say this if polling is actively ignoring the youth which tend to be more progressive and closer (socials), then yea there is a higher chance they become conservatives

if we fight for health care, unions, housing, and drug reform and other issues the youth care about as they age they will be more likely to fight for those things as they age rather than some imaginary boogieman. This will force conservatives to have to either come to terms they are monsters and hate common people or actually have polices to help. right now the boogie man thing isn't working cause young people are voting more and less white male voters.

The two Counties that RAISED ME highlighted in Green…

We’re Blue until we DIE….

D5A68609-176B-4F1B-AF58-E4875940BC43.png

P.S.

Throw Long Island in the TRASH btw - It’s time. (They have gone crazy the last decade). 🗑️

Everyone is always talking about “Staten Island being Trump territory”…..

Staten Island has ALWAYS been red. So that never surprised me.

As for Long Island tho, they were Blue for a long time. Then Trump came in and Long Island went from deep blue to deep red in just 6 years.

The transformation Long Island has made is something I personally have never seen before. They’ve gone bananas.

This Italian chick I used to mess with in college went FULL QAnon when she was always a Lib. Very sad.

LONG ISLAND needs to be shamed.

Being a loud mouth back the blue Fox News watching republican has become a culture and way of life that people bond over in LI. It used to be that the college educated types would shift at least Nassau blue. But this is unsurprising for me considering the average LI person has the personality type of these Fox News clowns, I mean even Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity grew up in LI. Plus the long history of LI essentially being built on racism (redlining for which Levittown is a poster child and Robert Moses’s racist building of LI infrastructure.)

Being a loud mouth back the blue Fox News watching republican has become a culture and way of life that people bond over in LI. It used to be that the college educated types would shift at least Nassau blue. But this is unsurprising for me considering the average LI person has the personality type of these Fox News clowns, I mean even Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity grew up in LI. Plus the long history of LI essentially being built on racism (redlining for which Levittown is a poster child and Robert Moses’s racist building of LI infrastructure.)
As someone who lives in Suffolk County: LI is a beautiful place (particularly out east), but the people are the absolute worst.

Suffolk has been red for quite some time now, but it’s gotten out of control since 2016.

I get that. I understand. There have always been a decent amount of Republicans in Nassau and Suffolk.

BUT

Long Island still voted blue in 2016 Presidential Election. Voted for Obama twice. Voted Blue in the Senate in 2018.

Since 2018 they have gone FULL REPUBLICAN by substantial numbers. They made a huge shift in such a short amount of time.

It’s really crazy IMO.

Back
Top Bottom