***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Kornacki still at it :smokin
giphy - 2022-11-11T200810.979.gif

Call me an optimist to a fault, but I truly think Trump is too radioactive at this point.

It's gone from bad to worse for him, and I see a slowdown of momentum among his fan base. They seem to be gravitating more toward DeSantis and see more of a viable future in him.

At this point I think DeSantis poses a far bigger threat because he's essentially a smarter, more calculated, and more articulate version of Trump.
You think articulation is part of Trumps charm? LoL

I hope Trump drags the party down I'm 2024, everything is there for him to have a massive tantrum if he doesn't get the nomination. He needs it to get his lawsuits with the feds off his back. Trump’s done worst than split a political party to get his way and he’ll be highly motivated to get his way on thisZ

You think articulation is part of Trumps charm? LoL

I hope Trump drags the party down I'm 2024, everything is there for him to have a massive tantrum if he doesn't get the nomination. He needs it to get his lawsuits with the feds off his back. Trump’s done worst than split a political party to get his way and he’ll be highly motivated to get his way on thisZ

Do you believe a significant portion of Republicans would sit out if they didn't get Trump as their nominee? I'm hoping he goes full nutjob and splits the Rs, but a big percentage of them normally concede and just stick to their talking point and galvanize behind someone to get their way. It's something the Democratic party has more trouble with because there are actually ideological differences within their factions, as others have stated in the past.

We've all seen how Trump acts when he loses but that was nothing. Wait until he is replaced and is no longer the star of the Republican Party. He's gonna flip his f'n lid.

The only positive of that would be if he managed to run as an independent so split the vote and led to a massive defeat. Don’t know if he’s organised enough to manage that but it would be worth a few % at least which would be enough.

The drama would be entertaining too - can you imagine the debates?!

Lots of discussion about how DeSantis is Trump without the cult following, but down here in Florida he DOES have the cult following. Over the past decade conservatives have made their political leaders their personality and DeSantis is no different. People love him. It would be great for the Democratic Party to see him and Trump go head to head.

Lots of discussion about how DeSantis is Trump without the cult following, but down here in Florida he DOES have the cult following. Over the past decade conservatives have made their political leaders their personality and DeSantis is no different. People love him. It would be great for the Democratic Party to see him and Trump go head to head.

desantis will win florida, if he’s the nominee.. but trump won florida twice and barely got elected the first time and that was with a whole bunch of stuff (sexism, the bitterness of certain folks for 8 years of a black man, the whole Bernie thing and then The announcement of an investigation 2 weeks prior to the election.. and still barely winning)

but the GOP need more than florida

and then you have to factor in what a truly desperate trump will do.. that man for the first time in his life is facing legit actual consequences for his actions in multiple places

and desantis will have to appeal on a national level.. and answer questions at debates and other places.. he can’t just run to his safe places and expect to stand a chance nationally

There is a reason republicans passed all those laws and were so concerned about the lower offices races that control stages of the elections processes

but look at this dude

The only positive of that would be if he managed to run as an independent so split the vote and led to a massive defeat. Don’t know if he’s organised enough to manage that but it would be worth a few % at least which would be enough.

The drama would be entertaining too - can you imagine the debates?!
trump is a grifter. I highly doubt that he would go independent. he'd get much more to get a party affiliation.

trump is a grifter. I highly doubt that he would go independent. he'd get much more to get a party affiliation.

trump won’t go away, which is the point.. republicans, especially the establishment might decide they are done with dude

but dude ain’t going give up easily the most lucrative thing he has had in his life.. plus that thing somehow keeping him from facing consequences

hell look at the amount of his people that are currently employed on fox news or elsewhere

hes not stopping the rallies and even if hes not allowed to run, that man got people who legit believe JRK jr and the my pillow guy.. republicans need those votes.. trump can sabotage them

look at dwalk31 dwalk31 he still cant call trump a racist or say anything negative about that man and his actions

trump won’t go away, which is the point.. republicans, especially the establishment might decide they are done with dude

but dude ain’t going give up easily the most lucrative thing he has had in his life.. plus that thing somehow keeping him from facing consequences

hell look at the amount of his people that are currently employed on fox news or elsewhere

hes not stopping the rallies and even if hes not allowed to run, that man got people who legit believe JRK jr and the my pillow guy.. republicans need those votes.. trump can sabotage them

look at dwalk31 dwalk31 he still cant call trump a racist or say anything negative about that man and his actions
he already done enough damage and sabotage the GOP. just look at the losses that the GOP suffered in this midterms. almost all of his endorsements have failed. and the ones that won are only because they are in hardline red states. JD Vance is not even a true trump supporter. Hershel Walker is not winning either despite the race affiliation. in all, the orange guy just loves to be on camera rather than really endorse people other than himself. I'm thinking that the republicans don't need that maga crowd that much but could be something that they are afraid of what the orange guy would do.

he already done enough damage and sabotage the GOP. just look at the losses that the GOP suffered in this midterms. almost all of his endorsements have failed. and the ones that won are only because they are in hardline red states. JD Vance is not even a true trump supporter. Hershel Walker is not winning either despite the race affiliation. in all, the orange guy just loves to be on camera rather than really endorse people other than himself. I'm thinking that the republicans don't need that maga crowd that much but could be something that they are afraid of what the orange guy would do.

but he could do a whole lot more damage

we going get a preview in Georgia depending on what folks decide to do

this dude is thin skinned and petty.. he could legit tell people to not vote or even go vote democrat

republicans needed to set up situations like Wisconsin, like Tennessee were you have disproportionate representation.. because they have small margins.. then needed those governor and Secretary of State positions.. essentially set up scenarios where they could actual pull off the coup

but if trump is going turn on them once he doesn’t get his way, we know this is going get incredibly messy

Trump running 3rd party out of spite would be the result we all need and deserve.

In a twisted way, I kinda get his gripe with the GOP though. Hell I get where he’s coming from with Desantis as well. The GOP had no problem rocking with him and kissing his butt when it was good for business instead of speaking out against his theatrics. They made their MAGA bed after initially being reluctant to accept him because he had no problem saying the quiet part out loud. You can’t just attempt to drop him like a bad habit and walk away unscathed now. It doesn’t work like that. And even now they’re only doing so with one foot out the door. Because if he washes Desantis in the primaries, anyone in the GOP saying he’s bad for business is going to come crawling right back. Either way they made their bed with Trump. It’s way too late to try and distance themselves from that.

What’s the latest on Boebert? She’s ahead a fraction but they’re not finished counting?

desantis will win florida, if he’s the nominee.. but trump won florida twice and barely got elected the first time and that was with a whole bunch of stuff (sexism, the bitterness of certain folks for 8 years of a black man, the whole Bernie thing and then The announcement of an investigation 2 weeks prior to the election.. and still barely winning)

but the GOP need more than florida

and then you have to factor in what a truly desperate trump will do.. that man for the first time in his life is facing legit actual consequences for his actions in multiple places

and desantis will have to appeal on a national level.. and answer questions at debates and other places.. he can’t just run to his safe places and expect to stand a chance nationally

There is a reason republicans passed all those laws and were so concerned about the lower offices races that control stages of the elections processes

but look at this dude

That MiYayo be hittin :lol:

Facts, he’s their gawd. I live here

Back
Top Bottom