***Official Political Discussion Thread***

IMG_2164.jpeg

Her original tweet is actually pretty accurate because she uses “we” and “us” meaning people of her ilk. They’re the only ones with the fake outrage of stuff the majority of the country has no issues with.

His forgiveness plan was an executive order

They struck it down

They also said Congress is the only ones that can approve widespread forgiveness. Republicans are hardcore against it.

So his hands seem pretty tied
Thank you. This does suck. SC big tripping this week

A lot of contempt for RBG today
I have a lot of anger for her selfishness but her actions don't really affect today.

If she had done the right thing the court would be 5-4 conservative instead of 6-3.

Jon Roberts voted for all the ****ery this session, so all the bad things would have still happened

People not voting, and voting Jill Stein, in 2014 and 2016 are the folk that dropped the ball.

Man I'm still not paying those loans back

If it wasn’t for the PSLF program, I was fully prepared to go to my grave owing on those joints. No dambs given.

On a related note, **** the GOP faction of this Supreme Court. Bunch of dickheads. :smh: :smh:

I have a lot of anger for her selfishness but her actions don't really affect today.

If she had done the right thing the court would be 5-4 conservative instead of 6-3.

Jon Roberts voted for all the ****ery this session, so all the bad things would have still happened

People not voting, and voting Jill Stein, in 2014 and 2016 are the folk that dropped the ball.
The reality is that Hills told us the court was on the ballot and those idiots still didn’t listen. I hate that a corrupt institution has so much power but we the people caused this. People got really comfortable under 8 years of Obama without realizing that his presidency was built off of constant political pressure since the 14th amendment. Our side needs to see the consequences before they act which is sad but I’m hoping this will continue the voter engagement and SC reform talks that have been happening since Dobbs

Don’t get discouraged just keep voting.

LOL @ don’t get discouraged. Fam, there are people whose lives could’ve literally been changed today.

Up to 20k in loans isn’t much in the world of student loans these days, but it can be an albatross around the necks of folks who may not make a ton of $$. Or have kids, parents or others they’re caring for.

Telling those people to not be discouraged and vote harder is wild to me.

This was definitely life changing money for me today if it went through

What more can be done regarding this issue though? Hopefully whatever Biden tries, we'd have that information before payments are set to be due again

I remember explaining why RBG was a fraud to my last boss after seeing her RBG poster and she brought it up.

That conversation did not go well.
RBG was an icon for a while.
Those last 5 years undid it all.

(yes I know still 5-4, but it definitely would have been a shorter hill to climb).

Back
Top Bottom