***Official Political Discussion Thread***

NIMBYism has literally destroyed Canada. It's sad.

I've been trying to tell people for years. but we finally reached the tipping point where people my age have realized how ****ed they are. everyday another videos goes viral about Canadaisn crying about housing.

I got another year here then Im gonna try to go to America.

I say this as the ghost of christmas future, don't let NIMBYism destroy your country.

Remember when people moved to Florida during Covid because it was cheap and "open"? How's that working out so far?
I looked up rent prices in the major metros in Florida like a year ago and outside of Jax, where the hell they getting “cheap” from ? :lol: …Must be the no state income tax thing to be saying that but even then costs of living is much higher than no income places like Texas or Vegas

The folks who moved there just cuz it was open were short sighted, lockdown wasn’t gon last forever

NIMBY It already has, we have a constructed light rail that’s been done but can’t run because rich people in Minneapolis protest it.

Florida hasn’t been cheap for years and years, people who still say the south is cheap don’t travel outside their little bubble.

I was in JAX last summer. It hasn’t changed at all. It was kind of nice though in a way compared to the gulf coast which is only for rich people now.

Last edited:
NIMBY It already has, we have a constructed light rail that’s been done but can’t run because rich people in Minneapolis protest it.

Florida hasn’t been cheap for years and years, people who still say the south is cheap don’t travel outside their little bubble.

it's not Canada bad yet, trust me.

Canada is like what if the only cities that exist are New York, Austin, Seattle, San Francisco.
and everywhere else is uninhabitable frozen tundra.

Yea America already cooked, NIMBY is just another thing adding to the fire

The south can still be cheap, but it’s all the undesirable places…The folks that push that talking point to make it seem like it’s conservatives making it cheap and having stuff booming down there end up moving to the big southern cities ran by the libs with $2k studios …Never catch em paying the $750 to live in Mississippi or the Everglades that they make sound so great :lol:

They think real life is like Hallmark channel movies where people from big cities are constantly in small towns for some reason and learn to leave their entire lives behind because the mostly white town is an undiscovered utopia

That will be the day when Midwest and east coasters go to Mississippi. :lol:

you'd be surprised.

I never thought id see the day where people from Toronto were moving to Edmonton. :sick:
but here we are.

this is what a million bucks will get you in Toronto.

1693152817565.png

you'd be surprised.

I never thought id see the day where people from Toronto were moving to Edmonton. :sick:
but here we are.

this is what a million bucks will get you in Toronto.

1693152817565.png

I’d move to Edmonton too if that’s the case. :lol:

My dad used to be in ft mcmurray a lot, He hated it up there in the winter and we’re from mn…

Disrespectful to compare Edmonton to the sip, trust us NOBODY is checking for Mississippi…they could be giving apartments away and folks still won’t go down there :lol:

Mississippi and Arkansas compete for the worst state like they get paid for it. :lol:

At least they got oil money up there in Edmonton.

To be honest, if there were really good jobs near the coast in Mississippi, people would go

But Mississippi has no strong job market, no amenities, horrible schools, and you have to live in the right-wing hell hole.

It would take tens of billions of investment to make it appealing to movers.

The place needs so much work that people willing to move would go to other places.

Last edited:
100 percent. Mississippi on the coast at least is actually a decent place. There’s just no way for most people to make money.

Plus they got a long history of corruption, it at least has some potential.

If I could go there and make 100k with good benefits I’d consider it maybe…

That’s me though. All I care about is fishing so I’d be fine. :lol:

I looked up rent prices in the major metros in Florida like a year ago and outside of Jax, where the hell they getting “cheap” from ? :lol: …Must be the no state income tax thing to be saying that but even then costs of living is much higher than no income places like Texas or Vegas

The folks who moved there just cuz it was open were short sighted, lockdown wasn’t gon last forever
Yeah nowhere's really "cheap". The formerly cheap places don't even have any improved benefits with the new higher costs. Now you out in bumpkiss, away from family and decent amenities, still struggling. May as well stay in the best place you can afford.

Go work in local news down in Florida and cover all the Florida man stories.

Last time I was in ft meyers they were covering a man who shot his friend because they were fighting about what a mosquito looked like. I am not joking.

Seriously been looking at San Antonio or somewhere in between Austin and SA along I35. Seen plenty of decent homes going for $250K.

Don't let Texas "cheapness" fool you though. Property taxes here are a joke, and it's not a joke that'll make you laugh.

Back
Top Bottom