***Official Political Discussion Thread***

A lot of these current people have ideas I like. Feels like they’ll be an emergent on one side or the other though.

Does anyone know when the Filibuster went from never ending speeches to a symbolic gesture?

One used to have to physically prepare to pull a Filibuster. Now the public threat of a Filibuster makes Democrat politicians cower in fear with no speech.

I thought the speech was required?

FUN FACT:
Strom Thurmond holds the record for the longest filibuster in history at a duration of 24 hours and 18 minutes.
This was intended to prevent the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

use that money to pay professionals to create a permanent resolution to this conflict
Pros can't stop people from fighting if they still want to.

Israelis don't really want to hear about an independent Palestine right now. Hamas popularity has increased in the WB.

I don't know what the exit ramp is going to look like, but nothing suggests it's gonna be without major bumps.

I find it funny to conclude a piece that argues that the problem of Biden likeability is Biden with
Want to be liked? Try doing something likable.
even after listing all his material accomplishments.

Not to sound mean but: There is nobody yet, for both sides going forward after this cycle. I don’t have such a grasp of history to know if that’s the case sometimes :lol:

I've said to others I know, that it would be great to see Pete Buddigieg possibly run. He's incredibly smart (Harvard top of class, Rhoads Scholarship recipient to Oxford), very well spoken (love it when he totally flips the narrative when he's on Faux News when they "think" they have a "gotcha moment" with him and he just shreds them apart). And he's young (meaning not over 70+). I would vote for him, I just think parts of this country are still so entrenched in bigotry with their beliefs that they would not vote for an openly gay President. Shame as I feel he would be great.

On the other side, you know Vivek isn't going away anytime soon. Dude is a snake oil salesman by the highest measures and would run this country into the ground with his conspiracies! 🤦🏻‍♂️ I just don't know who on the R side would be good for the country. As long as they aren't MAGA or part of that crazy Freedom Caucus.

Last edited:
Have any of ya'll ever been actually polled for anything regarding the president? Just wondering because I sure haven't and don't know anyone that has. These doom and gloom reports about Biden, while hold some water, don't make me panic quite yet.

Thats not to say I am not worried about Trump getting back in office. I just think Joe might have a better chance than the MSM is making it out to be.
Once when I was like 10. It was a bunch of multiple choice questions. I just tried to remember the options and picked one at the end. Lady said oh that explains your answers when she thought to ask my age a few minutes in.

People don’t realize how important sample size and demographics are in polling. Like statistics, you can make a poll say almost whatever you want it to say.
i love to see it
usa needs to cut funding to israels military ASAP and use that money to pay professionals to create a permanent resolution to this conflict
you can't tell me if we pay the top think tanks in america to put in bids to solve this problem that it can't happen
Israelis and certainly Hamas doesn’t care what “the top think tanks in America” or anywhere else for that matter have to say on this.

Not to sound mean but: There is nobody yet, for both sides going forward after this cycle. I don’t have such a grasp of history to know if that’s the case sometimes :lol:

I don't think that's unusual - particularly for the side in the WH when there is an incumbent - it's only a few years into the next election cycle that someone appears - you don't want to go too early but be gaining momentum towards the primaries.

It is slightly unusual though that TFG is still hanging around - we haven't had that for a while because the last few have done 2 terms there hasn't been that extra thing.

Don’t think Vivek will be around politics by the end of this decade. He’ll be shunned by traditional conservatives and by the xenophobic far right when trump is gone.

Wonder how Trump will be discussed and characterized in history books posthumously, that one will be a dousy-- but history has all but cleaned the image of the confederacy and 'founding fathers' so I'm sure they'll be a nice 'moderate' light to display him in

Let’s all call this guy a fraud and demand Columbia University fire him

The tweet is not good because :

-He doesn't specify what undemocratic means are used to fight Trump, and who is doing it.

-He frames is like he is going against the crowd, what crowd? Twitter randoms?

-Ignores Trump is the person most hostile to democracy

-The electoral system favors Trump anyway

And of course...

You continue to be an unserious, uninformed person that needs to get off of Twitter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom