***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1708104995888.png

NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR OUR COAL COUNTRY KING. :pimp:

I told yall Joe just likes a attention, he'll mull a run for president get all the attention, but in the end, he wouldn't do that to us. :emoji_innocent:
:lol:

If he ran for President, you know this thread would never let you live it down.

I know you reacted to the news of him not running like...

5u6eoe.jpg

Vladimir Putin is not a threat to democracy in the US because the US is not a democracy. If Vladimir Putin were just as ruthless and authoritarian as he is now BUT he let American and British oil companies have majority ownership in Russian petroleum ventures he’d be considered, a complicated ally. Tom Friedman would give him the MBS treatment and have dinner him then proceed to write about how murdering his political rivals with uranium poisoning is just “something that they have to do in this part of the world.”

Now what we do have in the US is a limited form of political democracy and Putin should be condemned for trying to stymie it in any way, particularly because our electoral process sometimes serves as a way for marginalized groups and can stave off some of the worse aspects and outcomes produced by capitalism and white supremacy. But if stymying popular will and reducing already marginalized people already limited political influence makes you an existential threat, then the degree of that threat should determined by how much that person or institution stymies popular will.

By that metric, Putin is very low on that list and vastly greater threats to our limited political democracy would have to be institutions that are firmly grounded in US law and traditions. SCOTUS, the EC, the malapportionment of US Senate seats, concentrated capital, and white identity politics are orders of magnitude worse for popular participation in government than a two bit petrol strongman with delusions of grandeur.

Now, what Putin is NOT is some sort of based anti-colonial, anti Zionist, anti capitalist warrior who deserves any kind of political support from left, anti capitalist, anti colonial movements anywhere in the world.

For all its own internal imperialistic contradictions, the Soviet Union backed anti colonial movements in parts of the world under European/Anglo domination (which was and really still is a majority of the world).

What anti colonial, left, or anarchists movements has Putin assisted? Certainly not Rojava in Syria, he’s backed the Syrian government instead. He’s not helping Palestinians, he is tactically allied with the Zionists. He is close with China which refuses to back left wing guerrillas in South East Asia.

Leftists don’t need to defend him, liberals don’t need to fear him, and conservatives… they can do whatever they want but they should realize that it’s cringe AF to see him as a man who will make the world Retvrn to Ovr Pvre Evropean Vniversal Xtian Imperivm.

From an American perspective, Putin is a minor peripheral character. Far greater threats to our partial democracy loom right here at home.

1708067114547.jpeg

Shoutout to his son though, punk, hardcore and country.

Dude flys that flag but I never heard him say anything foul or racist. Heard him say he hates the klan and he just rocks it because he’s from TN, you know the typical thing people say. I’m sure he could give a f what anyone thinks. The man went on tour with gg allin so yeah…
I saw Hank III open for Beck on the Midnite Vultures tour. He was amazing.

I saw Hank III open for Beck on the Midnite Vultures tour. He was amazing.

That’s dope. :pimp:

We used to blast his music when I was a cook, well the singer from trampled by turtles heard it and we drank together after work and heard tons of tour stories with him.

Dude said he didn’t think he was going to survive it.

At first, I thought she was talking about Medvedev. Then, the light bulb went off. Is every headline a reason to blame Biden now? :lol:

Navalny was a Russian citizen. The notion that an American president would plead his case would only strengthen Putin's justifications for keeping him in jail, since it would be "evidence" that Navalny's efforts to destabilize Putin's regime are really motivated by external forces.

Can we get talking heads who remember their high school history?

And the best part is that I read that he also cannot get finance from anyone who is licensed by New York - which as a leading financial center is basically anyone who’s anyone - so if you’re a serious financial institution he can’t go near you. That only leaves smaller outfits who would be taking a significant risk lending him money.

TLDR: financially he’s screwed!

I'm sure, but legally he has to tell his rubes where their donations are going to.
He will say “Make America Great Reelection Fund” then grift those idiots for all they’re worth. Funny is that he will need to put up at least 75 million in cash to appeal. 😂 😂

Back
Top Bottom